Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Melbourne Mar 19

Things were going so well for United, but three strikes and they were out. The NBL Cup was theirs for the taking, yet like a drunk leaving a St Patricks Day party, they stumbled and hit the kerb. They're still top of the table, but have the Cats looking to pounce on them.

Kings haven't set the world alight, but can really seize the day. Carpe Diem.

Topic #48237 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

I think we're half a shot at home if United are demoralized after dropping 3 straight. It should be pretty clear what sort of mindset United are in about 5 mins into the first Q.

Reply #837679 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United needs CG43 to get going. Hopson's being sorely missed.

It's not about mindset as such, United were 10-1 off the back of winning many close games. They've subsequently lost 3 in a row but again, the games were very close.

The difference between 10-1 and 3 losses is basically a 10 point swing or less. 10 points is nothing in basketball.

Reply #837691 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I should say, 10 points is a lot given the way it's swung the results

but what I mean is, the difference between United's early season form vs the past few games isn't that significant. They're playing a bunch of kids due to injuries, and remain very competitive.

Tonight obviously key is shutting down Casper and Martin, and at the other end better ball movement and getting better looks.

Reply #837693 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Kings by 2. Will be a great game.

Reply #837699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack White is United's most clutch player. They've missed him a lot. If this game is close, expect Sydney to win it

Reply #837715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McDaniel out, Baba in

Reply #837741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May TOny Crocker burn in hell

Reply #837744 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Is there something strange about the venue lighting? Dark areas, heavy shadows from the bench side? Just looks weird to me.

Reply #837785 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Looks fine to me.

Reply #837790 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

In that last United timeout Vickerman sounded absolutely clueless in his instructions to the team. Ended up asking them what D they wanted to play.

Reply #837793 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

United looking very ordinary

Reply #837795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone seen LV?

Reply #837801 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

10 point swing and they still lose by 20 lol.

Reply #837802 | Report this post

Krusher25  
Years ago

Hahahahhahahaahah. How good was Jockdale?

Suck it Vickerman.

Reply #837804 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Kings outstanding in this one. United standing out of this one!

Reply #837805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't catch the game was this Melbourne's loss or Sydney's win? A few people saying Melbourne ordinary but Sydney shooting stats and assists looking strong

Reply #837806 | Report this post

United chokers  
Years ago

United salary cap cheaters

Reply #837815 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Wow, wasn't expecting that

Still 15th game of the season, bound to have a shocker eventually

Desperately need Hopson

Reply #837832 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Didn't catch the game either

NBL I wonder if they'll regret this long 36 game season.

I'll definitely be watching less now that foot's back on. Winter sport's all in full swing now.

Reply #837833 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Footy*

Reply #837834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are all United fans as devoted as LV ? LOL

Reply #837836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3 imports vs 0 is always going to be a tough ask

Reply #837839 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If you're going to count Louzada as an import then Baba is too and they signed Landale in place of an import, plus Stith played too.

The Kings smashed them by 30 because they thoroughly outplayed them. Four losses in a row for the undefeated team.

Reply #837841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha LV pretending to not being interested now that Melbourne have dropped several games. Haven't seen that before...

Reply #837845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller plus 24, index of 22, both best for Sydney, his defence in the first got Sydney going, Didi turning up and Casper playing a lot more controlled.. Melbourne well short of cattle so I'm not writing them off. I’m not convinced on Landale and the nba hype, his very good but I don’t see it re his size or athleticism. Barlow a shadow of former self, McCarron probably there pick and Short was good at both ends in limited game time.

Reply #837846 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hahahaha LV pretending to not being interested now that Melbourne have dropped several games. Haven't seen that before...

Are you sure? I've seen him pull this excuse out on and off when necessary, depending on the form of Tigers/United, for close to twenty years now.

Reply #837848 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

On second thought I think that's what #845 meant. Nice.

Reply #837850 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Hahahaha LV pretending to not being interested now that Melbourne have dropped several games. Haven't seen that before...]

What makes you think I'm uninterested?

Being uninterested and not having the time to watch the game are two different things

Reply #837851 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Are you sure? I've seen him pull this excuse out on and off when necessary, depending on the form of Tigers/United, for close to twenty years now.]

Yet the fact that Ive been around pretty consistently for 20 odd years kind of contradicts your point..... even for the 9 years when Tigers/United didn't even make a GF much less look like winning a title.

Didn't really think that one through, did you?

Reply #837852 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Twenty years of excuses. You are consistent I'll give you that much.

Reply #837856 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Great result.

Reply #837858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be actually nice if some people just gave their thought on the game instead of just trying to shit stir all the time. ::))))

Reply #837863 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

When Goulding, JLA and Barlow combine for 1 of 19 shooting it won't end well.

Reply #837869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^863

Unfortunately this isn't the place to talk about the actual game without the childish crap posted on this forum....

33 posts and 30 of them trolls..

Reply #837878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep. Spot on.

Reply #837914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#878 also a troll. Counting posts lol get a life. Too much spate time. If you don't like a post scroll past.
Moron.

Reply #837915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hunter and Moller show was outstanding at both ends. Hunter took the money off Landale on the night.

Reply #837916 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Moller showed his worth yet again and to think United let him go (is that on Vickerman or Crivelli? - either way they both suck).

Reply #837918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im still laughing at the Waratah troll who said that Hunter was the worst NBL player ever :) Since the Cup explosion he has been exceptional.

Reply #837919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wondering as Hunter has gone from 0.9 points a game to 9.0

Is there a better candidate for most improved?

Reply #837921 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Hunter would be on short list for most improved.
Adnam another possibility.

Reply #837923 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hunter's touch has improved about a zillion percent this season. He's done a much better job of avoiding late contest fouls the past couple of games, too.

For me this game was over when Moller came in and came up with a couple of quick hustle plays in a couple of minutes that led to points. It felt like United pretty much gave up at that point. Ili, McCarron, and Baba were the only United players who looked like they wanted to be out there.

Reply #837924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's just unassuming and total team first player, has the ability to stop guards and five men. The stop on Landale with straight up great D and the euro step lay up at the other end was telling. Moller doesn’t always show up on the stats sheet but he can play.

Reply #837930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I rest my case... Labelled a moron for calling out the crap that's posted in order to defend this forum isn't about trolling. Well played sir...

Reply #837966 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754