Jack Toft
Years ago

Melbourne v Illawarra Mar 21

"Hey, we're the best, we gunna go through the season undefeated"

Clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk. WTF was that? Oh that's the wheels falling off of United, losing 4 in a row. Can they make it 5? Let's give it a hot crack, eh.

Illawarra will know that United will be hurting, but Gorj will be bring the salt to rub into the wound. Would you like cracked pepper with that?

Topic #48247 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illawarra by 20

Reply #838047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Bairstow so united should win.

Reply #838059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When's White & Hopson back?

Reply #838064 | Report this post

Crunch  
Years ago

United miss White too much. He adds an element to the team that others can not replace.
Hawks to win.

Reply #838069 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Does anyone else get the feeling that United's self-belief will be their total undoing.

I don't want to see long faces on the court but I do expect a bit of grit. More of McCarron/Peatling style and less of Goulding/Landale style. More "let's get this done" rather than "she'll be right".

The return of Hopson and White will be an enormous boost, for more than their playing skills.

A question on Landale's now-infamous remark. Did he mean that Melbourne United was the best team he'd ever played for or that the NBL was the worst comp he had ever played in (was about to start playing in, anyway)?

Reply #838072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale's comment was arrogant and I think it was pretty clear he was underestimating the talent in the league.

Anyway go Hawks.

Reply #838080 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

They are the sleeping bear of the NBL. Once they get everyone back there's no team that can match them.

Go Hawks.

Reply #838082 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Without Hopson and White I can't see Melbourne winning. Hawks by 5.

Reply #838088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks to win, LV to pretend to be too busy to care about NBL any more.

Reply #838089 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Oh yeah AFL is back.

Reply #838096 | Report this post

I remember LV said the United might not lose a game this season

Reply #838120 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

LV said Melbourne were "well clear" of second place, two games before they were occupying it.

Reply #838121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The on court match up is good but the vocal battle between the two coaches is doing my head in.

Reply #838123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game is terrible.

Reply #838134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel is a massive disappointment.
Came in as a marquee signing and he's struggling to contribute on either end. Can’t create his own shot nor can he knock down open shots. What does he bring to the table for a guy that’s clearly on big money? I certainly don’t understand where the hype came from, he’s awful. Very little skill and a basketball iq to match

Reply #838135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks nothing but making up the numbers like cairns and breakers.

Reply #838136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GoOrJ iS dA gOaT

Reply #838138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's LV that bandwagon fan who only posts when United's winning??

Reply #838141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good win for Melbourne considering they are playing the last 5 games with 0 imports, but still far from convincing

Reply #838147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More posts about LV than the actual game. Shows how pathetic Perth and Adelaide people are, but whatever.

Reply #838148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you not count #148?

Reply #838150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you not comprehend 148?

Can anyone post LV's stats from the game today? With so much attention he must be marquee

Reply #838151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel, marquee lmao, the hype comes from commentators who see a few stats from his one good game in g league. Hawks be better cutting their losses.

Reply #838193 | Report this post

Hazza89  
Years ago

It was good to see CG43 shooting well esp late in the game - but esp pleasing was his assists and his defence.

Nice game CG43.

And that dunk was unexpected.

Reply #838237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng is a fraud he isn't a team player to much individual stuff trying to be a hero and looking like a fool.

AJ and Naar another two who offer little and you throw in Simon who is a fantastic defender but isn't much of a scorer.

Harvey and Jessup if they get locked down the Hawks struggle and the rotation by Gorg at times is horrendous.

Still playing better then have in the last few years but they are a hit and miss team that's the way they will be all year.

If they finish above 50 percent that's a good year.

Reply #838293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754