Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Cairns Mar 21

Sydney are travelling pretty well at the moment, but Cairns are due a win and they won't be playing Adelaide for a while.

Could be a close game, but with Cairns having 4 L's in a row, something tells me Sydney might just make it 5

Topic #48248 | Report this topic

It's a shame it's a Sydney home game given how well they're travelling

Reply #838043 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Cairns would be lucky if they can los ed by single digits.

Reply #838091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This game on form says Sydney easy, I'm not convinced, Cairns seem to match up well on Sydney. Sydney should win though but it’ll be a lot closer than form suggests.

Reply #838095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oliver looks completely disinterested.
For a guy with NBA talent and the supposed desire to get there, he should be dominating, not dropping his head when things don't go well. Step up big man

Reply #838144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would need to see replay but pretty sure Noi slipped on wet spot where Martin went down possession before.
Floor wipers need to do better (cue don't pick on kids), but ultimately it was right in front of Kelly and Cairns bench. Surely they could tell refs to have a look at it, was plenty of time between that possession if I'm correct.
Hopefully it's just a strain but doesn't look good.

Reply #838152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess that will be Larry's fault too. Only in Sydney.

Reply #838153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Curious if Didi ever makes it to the NBA, his body does not seem durable at all and he is constantly injured.

Reply #838154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Floor wipers doing overtime now.

Reply #838156 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Heal, STFU!

Reply #838157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty ordinary to have an employee of the Kings owner also commentating a Kings game.

Reply #838158 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Watch him next season try and still commentate NBL while coaching a WNBL team.

Reply #838160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares? WNBL is irrelevant

Reply #838162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai looks PISSED!

Reply #838164 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

We all care as we want him out of the commentary booth.

Reply #838165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just like we want you off this forum, but I guess neither are going to happen by the looks of things PW

Reply #838175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is "we" and when did we decide we wanted PW gone?

Reply #838177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

177, hi Perthworld

Reply #838181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah, no.

Reply #838187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if noi is out who can you replace him with

Reply #838188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Noi hasn't been any good anyway, let the young dp step. Cairns battled it out to the end. Sydney’s two bench guys Bruce and Moller great again. Martin has unique skill set but to many turn overs and a few stupid decisions. Though Jawai and Oliver did good, Machado is a gun.

Reply #838195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi went down . Again

Reply #838196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didi did a few run throughs and didn't look hindered, I’d say it was a precaution. He does seem to have a bad ankle though.

Reply #838198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PW. PO.

Reply #838200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly you have NFI.

Reply #838203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long until Mojave acknowledges his draft stock has plummeted sharply and calls it a day on Cairns?

Reply #838217 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

If Noi is out Cairns are stuffed but then they're stuffed already.
Just give Ngatai more minutes and play Mojave Ķing more.

Reply #838218 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Ugly with a capital 'U' but I'll take it.

Huge games from Bruce and Moller. Martin solid in the 1st half, but was gassed in that 2nd half I think, missed a lot of stuff that he has shown he makes with ease. Jawai has had Sydney's number for the most part this season, and I get him being pissed about being yanked, but he looked like he was running on empty and likely to have been as much a liability on D as he was a boon on O. It did let the Kings run the Bruce/Ware/DJ lineup though, which at that stage of the game was big too I think.

The lack of composure down the stretch for Cairns was a bit odd, especially not really trying very hard to get a foul after Machado's miss. To be fair to Machado I think at any other stage of the game it's a 50/50 call on the drive he made to the hoop, but Ware did a good job of not giving the officials a reason to blow the whistle (certainly looked clean to me, but I haven't seen a replay either, only live). More worrying signs re: Oliver. Machado got him going a little in the 2nd half, but he was invisible for the first half.

Reply #838254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley and Forde in the presser, Newley speaks very well, comes across as future coaching material. I believe Glover isn't to far away, he’ll be an explosive bench piece.
Not enough ball movement against Cairns and some their players lift against Sydney. I’m not in the group that thinks Oliver is playing badly, I think he’s playing more team. Kelly has some average players to rotate through that line up though, they try hard but would not make many other teams. Deng injury has hurt them more than punters realise.
Yes Moller and Bruce are players that teams need on rosters to win games, some of Mollers defensive work goes unnoticed.

Reply #838268 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754