Zodiac
Years ago

Dellavedova Makes Season Debut

Delly made his season debut today in the Cavs loss to the 76ers.

He had 0p, 5a, 2r in 16 mins.

Topic #48310 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Great to see him finally back.

Reply #840455 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Just a few months ago there were retirement talks around him so this is a massive step for Delly. Glad he's back. He'll take some time to get into form but the fact he's out there again is huge for him and potentially the Boomers later this year.

Reply #840464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was media speculation nothing more.

Reply #840471 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

His first game back and there's already photos of him diving on the floor, wrestling for loose balls lol.

Never change, Delly. Never change!

Reply #840474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top bloke that Del. Goddadmit, shed bitofa tear when he took tha floor.

Reply #840574 | Report this post

Boot error. Scoring value not found.

Please contact the administrator before trying again.

Reply #840612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he had 5 passes for the game.

Reply #841009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly to United

Reply #841013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From a report on Cleveland's win over OKC today:

"Matthew Dellavedova had a season-high seven assists and since making his season debut on April 1, he has 22 assists and no turnovers."

Beast mode.

Reply #841664 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I don't follow the NBA, but can see he missed a lot of the season.

So realistically, what are the chances he's in the NBA next season??
Any news on him re-signing??

And if not, in the NBL??

If he were to leave the NBA at 31, would dragging out his career in Europe be a lucrative option? Or would a Marquee deal attract him back to Australia?

Reply #858943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He said he would likey be back in nba.

Reply #858945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's going to sign him. His best years were that junkyard Dog with LeBron, cashed in on that, but best days long behind him. Could be that veteran voice, but talent wise was incredible in just making the NBA, let alone having an impact. Those concussions are major concern, should just retire gracefully and not be a throw in whenever they need a contract to make numbers work and get waived immediately.

Reply #858966 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Concussions should always be taken seriously, more seriously in fact.
But he's back playing, and back in the Olympics. Surely he's got something to offer, somewhere.
Would make a great Marquee for an NBL team, and could potentially get another 4~5 years.

Reply #859106 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The Cavs had a big amount of turnover last season and had to release guys to make space in trades etc and still kept Delly despite him being out for most of the season.

While his best days on the court are certainly behind him, he still has something left to offer there, and with the Cavs two young guards taking a good step forward last season, i could definitely see them retaining Delly to be that good locker room presence.

If the Cavs decide to move on from him though, I think the only way he finds another gig is if its through an existing connection (Bron at the Lakers, Bucks etc).

I think if his time in the NBA is done, he'd be more likely to end up in the NBL than Europe, but thats just a gut feel.

Reply #859131 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Oh another possible landing point migt be wherever Giddey ends up

Reply #859133 | Report this post

Nostraballmus  
Years ago

:) Just remmebring all the talk about his new action pre last WChamps

What a legend

Maybe he can be Simmo's next shooting coach

Reply #859137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754