Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Brisbane Apr 3

Not quite a state of origin, but should be as exciting. A Brisbun win would put more pressure on Illawarra than Christian Porter's lawyers on the ABC, and would have Adelaide licking their chops. A Sydney win means they get to keep their dream alive.

You would think Kings at home would give their fans some confidence, but they have lost their last two games to the Cats, and the series is 1 game each. Law is still out so no eggs for him, but who will the Easter Bunny give the eggs to?

With both teams on 0-2 slides, this will come down to who can find the hidden eggs. My kiss of death goes to the Brisbun 36ers

Topic #48311 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Rather disingenuis to 36ers I believe.beware the crow who flees as one in a straight line.. Brisbane are a motlet crew granted but are not franchise of crows... sometimes factors are factors...

Reply #840560 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No Law. Sydney to win.

Reply #840562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No justice. Sydney to lose.

Reply #840563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin a game time decision with a calf problem. Which generally means he won't play. Evens it out with no Law. Interesting game. Sydney coming off that brutal loss in Perth with not much rest, Brisbane terrible defensively but can put a lot of points up. Flip of the coin if Martin doesn’t play.

Reply #840576 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

I'm a Perth fans but I can see the bias call from and Melbourne United...

Reply #840589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Sydney turn up, the Easter show traffic could be a disaster, Brisbane will walk across the road from there hotel. Martin is a defensive liability but a scoring juggernaut, he plays Sydney are a chance otherwise it's Brisbane. Forde been suspended for a game, is that today, ill his flash suits. I’d like Sydney to win this to keep the finals race open but I think Brisbane will get the Easter chocolate. Bullets by 3.

Reply #840593 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Forde been suspended for a game, is that today

Forde will coach today. His suspension, and most of his fine, have been suspended for 1 year
https://nbl.com.au/news/statement-on-adam-forde

Reply #840597 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

The real question is what will the refs do today!!

Reply #840598 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

"Martin a game time decision with a calf problem. Which generally means he won't play. Evens it out with no Law", yes, BUT Syd have Hunter playing out of his skin to partially cover for Martin. Bris' cover for Law is on the bench beside him, also injured and o/weight!

Hoping that between our (Bris') 3 bigs we take care of Hunter (and Martin, of course, if he plays).

Reply #840604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Martin has been playing the four spot, Hunter the five, Law is a better all round player but probably makes it even. The nbl write up actually tells us that Moller could be the key.

Reply #840607 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Is law playing?

Reply #840619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde will be on his best behaviour today for sure

Reply #840623 | Report this post

Manly Man  
Years ago

Krebs is out ...

Reply #840624 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

Hey Jack cam you please post the TV time for each game thread you start? Just cos I am lazy and dont have to go to the NBL website to confirm start times ;) TIA

Reply #840639 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Forde AND Kings have CERTAINLY got GREAT VALUE for $2000. Forde should get a bonus, too!

Reply #840645 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Moller with 20

Reply #840658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Forde want to come out and complain about the refs today or did he get his own way. Oh hang on, was it a Sydney home game was it?

Reply #840661 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

And they beat a severely undermanned Brisbane team.

Reply #840665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane did remarkably well, not certain why it took Sydney so long to knock them out, maybe playing the tenth and eleventh man most third quarter didn't help.

Reply #840687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller filling the stats line for 18 minutes play. His arm length was extraordinary, he's long, you don’t see that on tv.

Reply #840695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No foul was called for Sydney until 2 minutes into the 3nd quarter. That was a message from the league

Reply #840700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other way around I think you meant - Brisbane did not commit a single foul that first quarter - that was a clear message from the league. Also you see Cadee embrace Forde, wonder what was said

Reply #840702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really liking the commentary of Hooley, Santamaria and that young caller Jack I think it was, Heal on the sideline is even fine where you only get him in short bursts.

Reply #840774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets floundering.

Quiet word that Law not returning soon. Fatterson certainly is not returning any time soon. Andrej took a risk and it's going to see Brisbane tumble out of a playoff prospect.

Of and did anyone see Sobey have a go at Harry on court? Tremendous team harmony there.

Reply #840778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling played reasonably well, it was a strange decision to join Brisbane considering how many bigs they have, imo he's better suited to the five spot.

Reply #840789 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754