Isaac
Years ago

Bogut's pre-season progress

Bucks played T'wolves yesterday. KG had 25 and 15 in 30 minutes. Bogut played 31 minutes for 8 and 7.

Any predictions on his stats for the season to come? Maybe 12 and 7?

Topic #4832 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

something like that, from reports by bucks fans some don't think many plays are going through him, so he is kinda starved for offensive opportunities.

Reply #55597 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Heard that Stotts isn't running any plays through him at all, and there is some talk that he won't be a starter in the beginning of the season. Apparently he'll back up Gadzuric to begin with at the C. Stotts is on drugs.

Don't read too much into Boguts pre-season form, so far he's battled Big Ben twice, KG twice, Big Z twice, and Chandler once. Everyone of them an All-Star bar Chandler. Tough introduction to the NBA.

He's doing pretty well, 8.2ppg along with 6.5 bpg in only 26 mins with no offence running through him.

I'm thinking 12 ppg and 8 bpg come regular season when he starts seeing some plays and more minutes.

Reply #55601 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sorry, only KG once, the other time was against the Kandiman.....

Reply #55603 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Unfortunately TR those are the calibre players he will be running into most nights! And i'm assuming you mean RPG (rebounds per game) not BPG (Blocks per game)!!!

Reply #55605 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Panther, 100% correct on both notes, my bad........

Reply #55611 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I just hope he doesn't turn into joe smith!!
9.0ppg 8rpg

I hope he turns out more like Yao
20ppg 10rpg

Reply #55618 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I think Brad Miller would be a better goal to aspire to:

15ppg, 10rpg, 4apg, 1bpg

Despite being the #1 pick, I wouldn't blame the Bucks coach for bringing him off the bench. Joe Smith and Dan Gadzuric are both solid players, if not spectacular. By bringing him off the bench it could ease his transition into NBA life. The Bucks first game is against the Heat, being in the starting lineup means all the hype of Bogut v Shaq will be thrust upon him.

Reply #55648 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bogut in his first season will proably turn out to be a 12ppg, 7-8 rebounds a game player

He definately wont set the league alight in his first season

Gadzuric would be the best starter for the team....in 22min a game he avged 7ppg and 8.3 rebounds

Gadzuric will only get better

Give Bogut a year or 2 i reckon

Reply #55706 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

ummm...when was Yao at 20 and 10?Doesnt matter.
But i think somewhere around 10 and 8 area should be good, when Amare and Yao batlled for ROY, they were around the 12 and 8 mark, so he should aim there. He should be getting 3 or 4 assists too with Michael Redd out on the arc. I also think, HE SHOULD START.

Reply #55716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:23 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754