Jack Toft
Years ago

Hawks v Bullets Apr 7

Too much chichi over Easter! And too much NBL, but we are back with another game.

Wheels could be falling off for the Bullets with injuries and a malaise that besets a teams when things start to go wring. However, the Hawks are no better off. Both teams 1 and 4 in their last 5 and the Hawks losing their last 2, Brisbun 36ers losing their last 3...

The Brisbun 36ers wouldn't be the Brisbun 36ers if they didn't follow in the footsteps of their namesakes this end of the season. The Hawks wings may be clipped and they have been poke in the eye, but they smashed the Bullets last time they played, and.... I can't see anything changing tonight..

Topic #48329 | Report this topic

Kb_24  
Years ago

Looks like the coach of the bullet doesn't like to win...

Reply #841256 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Is it at all possible that there is already a thread on this game?

Reply #841267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two threads now. Luke is such a shit caller, thank f..k Gaze is there, homicide and Luke f..king horrible. Brisbane are just so overrated.

Reply #841268 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

How many twin tower bullet need to win...build some confident bullet..

Reply #841270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't deng demg injures replacement for Grida?

Reply #841271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Asleep at the wheel Jack. Sorry.

Reply #841273 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yeah, sorry I was in a really bad area today with no reception so my post would not load.

I think I saw two people talking into cans on strings

Reply #841274 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

God this game is boring

Reply #841281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesus Christ refs have money on Hawks. That foul on Patterson.

Reply #841283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The last two fouls on Patterson were made up rubbish, there is no defending the rfs on those calls.

Reply #841285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a stupid comment to make. The refs get it wrong again. Thats it idiot.

Reply #841287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gorg yet again shows the game has past him by.

Reply #841296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic at times looks like he has no idea, Illawarra got shorten there list, playing to many players. Harry did good, Sobey down the stretch. No Adel in second half, is he getting the punt for Grida when Bairstow returns. Brisbane got some low iq players, Illawarra got more.

Reply #841299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shoutout to Wigness - best game as a pro. Was great defensively & is just a ball of energy out there. Can't shoot but great playmaker.

Reply #841309 | Report this post

Make some noise  
Years ago

The atmosphere and court announcer were worse than the on court performance.

Reply #841312 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

I'd love to see Goorj drop Adel for Grida.

Reply #841326 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Man, I am not sure Goorjian has this team any more. During a time out, not a single Hawks player appeared to give the slightest crap. Worries me more than a little for the Olympic

Reply #841330 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Goorj calling time out when his team had a momentum..

Reply #841335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's an odd team put together for a Goorjian type team. Lot street baller mentality, Goorgian likes shooters but he also likes setting up plays for shooters, not just street ballers.
Where is Adel at, is he injured or just done his dash. Hawks be losing a fortune, might be better to cut there losses.

Reply #841340 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Looks like they're trying to entice Adel to leave by barely playing him anymore.

Reply #841345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not doing his reputation any good, just shows his reputation originally was mostly BS anyway. He might be better cutting and running.

Reply #841346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mostly BS LOL. Give the man some time to build his own team. You don't write off a coach with his credentials and success after half a season. At least give him the off season to sign all the NBL based Boomers like he did in Sydney.

Reply #841347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He isn't the same coach he was. Father Time has caught up with him. Not as switched on as he once was.

Reply #841348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Give the man some time to build his own team."

He did build this Hawks team.

Reply #841350 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Goorjian was always going to struggle with this garbage roster he's always had exceptionally talented teams, I had them finishing around bottom their big gun signings were Adel and Bairstow there was talk around of Adel not having much heart and we knew Bairstow was as soft as putty with a body to match. Throw in a couple of cheap G-League imports and there's nothing to build around. In saying that Jessup has been more impressive than I thought he would be.

In fairness to Goorjian with all the form and injury issues they've had he's done very well to have the Hawks as high on the ladder as they are.

Reply #841351 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Lucky Adel is only on a one year contract.

Reply #841352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't having a go at Goorj, Adel should cut and run.

Reply #841353 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Criticism of Goorj is ridiculous- Hawks should be bottom, the fact they aren't is a testament to Goorj and Jessup.

To rockup this late in the piece and say it’s "Goorj selected team" is funny!!!

Reply #841361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who selected the team then?

Reply #841362 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Whoever gave Max Darling a 3 year contract should be frog marched off the premises.

Reply #841368 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

The Hawks have done well considering their Marquee player plays like your 8th Man, Bairstow is often injured, Simon's productivity has dropped off after a good start.

Reply #841380 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Hawks 10-11, despite building their team after everyone else completing their Aussie contingents, despite being predicted to finish essentially last. I'd be v happy if I was a Hawks fan.

If Goorj is going to get it despite achieving better than expected, it makes sense now why Conor Henry is getting the same treatment despite 36ers doing a bit better than expected!

Reply #841413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one predicted the Hawks to finish last. They have a decent Aussie bade and three imports. For whatever reason Goorjian cant get it done.

Reply #841416 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I predicted them to finish in a bottom group with 36ers. So clearly someone did!

And they really don't have decent talent, they did surprisingly well to get to where they did given they had to build the team well after everyone else, but the talent isn’t great.

I’d back a full Adelaide team over Hawks talent wise. And frankly I think Adelaide has done better than expected given they are a level of talent below most teams. And to be clear - they definitely 100% are. The amount of "below average" players was a very clear issue and the imports clearly didn’t/don’t cut it.

And they’re doing worse than the Hawks!

Hawks are “getting it done” because top 4 was never in the script.

Reply #841422 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Frog marched.
Such an oldies expression.

Reply #841462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks have been better than I expected. Some injuries haven't helped and Adel has been substantially worse than advertised. Having said that, although Goorj isn’t to blame entirely, I do feel he isn’t as sharp as he used to be. There was another game where he had momentum and he called a strange time out.

Reply #841806 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:20 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754