Isaac
Years ago

JackJumpers sign dev player Sejr Deans

Appears to be pronounced "sire"?

Topic #48360 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting signing. Not sure why a 17 or 18yo kid from Launceston is signed first. Pretty sure he's still in school!
Anyway Chargers Vs Thunder on Saturday night will show us. One way or the other. Good luck to him.

Reply #842502 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Smart signing.

Serj is a solid, smart player who has signed as a development player.

Also from the North of the State which recognises that the team is a State team not just a Southern team

Reply #842513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great idea indeed. How will he get to training? Going to the game on Saturday Scout? You can watch him there.

Reply #842540 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

What are you on about # 540?

Do you rate him or just having a cheap shot?

Reply #842542 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Might jog or ride, heard he has an apartment round the corner. (TIC!)

Reply #842570 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Imagine if Deans turns into a superstar and plays for years. Be the greatest signing. If he is an absolute dud, it won't matter in the slightest. They can always claim they gave a local(s) a real chance.

And say they tide up a superstar now and he turns up in a year like Ware, from 1 season to another. Mud in their face!

IMO, JJ's PR couldn't have started smarter! Win for JJ's, Tas, (even the gov will use this) and, of course, Sejr Deans, anyway it's looked at.

Reply #842575 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I reckon #540 is the same person who was quite bitter about Vukona being signed instead of Stewart.

Reply #842576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Armstrong or smith next?

Reply #842577 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Good they have a Tasmanian.
Now to fill the real roster with best players available.

Reply #842581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it incongruous that the have signed a kid from Launceston who is a DP and still going to school there. Perhaps if he moved to Hobart fair enough. I have also heard he wants to go to American College. So go figure. Clearly all those other experts here know far more than me. See you at the game on Saturday Scout.
He is a rated player Scout but I think he has bigger fish to fry. Signing someone from the North as you said makes it a statewide team straight away. As to Vukona the JJ's have their reasons it seems and that is Kiwi related. You can try and figure that one out yourself.

Reply #842589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it true the JJ are looking at Rob Loe?

Reply #842591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Salt as a backup.

Reply #842592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know how anyone would know who they are looking at.

Reply #842594 | Report this post

Pres  
Years ago

Anon is salty as.

Obviously he will move down to Hobart later in the year once the team starts pre-season... And if contract has been done right (which I'm sure it has) he will still maintain college eligibility so can make the move to US in August next year after getting a season of being a DP under his belt

Pretty clean cut really and a very smart signing. Plus no one has made mention of the fact that he has played for Australia, has a high work rate and is one of the most professional you g players going around with how he conducts himself

Reply #842601 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Rob Loe is in the first year of his new 3 year deal with NZB.

Reply #842603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the NZ commentary Andrew Mulligan seemed to suggest that some NZ players had been linked to Tasmania. He mentioned bigs and I thought Loe, maybe he's returned to checkout Tassie, but I wasn’t aware he was on a 3-year deal. Vukona isn’t close to any juniors as far as I am aware, but he does have a connection to Delany.

Reply #842609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Agree with RobT. Generates good local publicity and interest and no downside.

Reply #842611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delaney is a free agent at seasons end.

Reply #842615 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No he isn't.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/119559174/new-zealand-breakers-secure-finn-delany-and-rob-loe-to-longterm-deals

Reply #842618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Vukona isn't close to any juniors as far as I am aware, but he does have a connection to Delany."

Huge connection. Nurtured him in both Nelson Giants and NZ Breakers settings. Good thing for the Breakers if they've locked him away already, although I think Finn will explore OS opportunities in the off-season.

Reply #842624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not doubting Serj's ability what so ever but if his ultimate goal is college then it's kind of pointless to occupy a DP's spot. Equally will he move to Hobart for school? I doubt that. Let's hope the likes of Jack Stanwix, Jacob Richards and Callum Boucher are considered. Saturday will be a good test for all players. See you there.

Reply #842626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has only signed for 1 year and still has ambitions of going to college.

Reply #842634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep. As I said.

Reply #842636 | Report this post

Anon Lover  
Years ago

Anon, you really have zero clue buddy... Not sure why him being a DP is a "waste" because he has college connections?

I would be hard pressed to see any more than 1 Tasmanian fill a DP role, some of those names mentioned will have the opportunity to show if worth it this year in NBL1.. Guess time will tell, but it would be surprising + not sure of the upside or work ethic of some of the other local players

Reply #842683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for your meaningless 1st post Anon Lover. Clearly you know nothing about the names mentioned nor their work ethic. If as you said there is 1 DP then that's it for the locals. No look in there. Disappointing if true.

Reply #842685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone heard anything about who else the jack jumpers may be looking to sign?

Reply #845207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anthony Stewart

Reply #845209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure after almost 500 games he could beat most spuds on the forum here!

Reply #845210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Anthony

Reply #845214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay is the marquee rumour, I'd say it’s on the money. No Stewart I believe. All very quiet even re assistant coaches.

Reply #845215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly, Kay, 3 imports, 6 locals. 2-3 DPs.

Reply #845216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal is the only one saying Kay is rumoured to sign. I wouldn't listen to anything he says.

Reply #845217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum heading to SEM or Tassie to make a run at him

Reply #845218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum can't get on the floor. Has talent and made sqillions but body is busted.

Reply #845225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay would be a really good signing for them I think the delly stuff is a pipe dream why would he come back while his still getting nba games getting the vet min over there's still a lot more than he would be getting in the nbl

Reply #845228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay would have to be their marquee as he's on top coin in Europe, he won’t have Cotton with him though who is exceptional at making players looking great.

Reply #845234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a good abc article were there interviewing stewie on there site at the moment not sure how to repost it here basically he said it doesn’t look like he will get a role due to his lack of experience he did put in for the head coach role but was told they had applications from current la lakers and Chicago bulls assistants coaches not sure how Roth got the role over these people if that’s true

Reply #845427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha just stop it stewie you're embarrassing yourself now

Reply #845457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a great article, time will tell on his omission from the jumpers organisation, not to much local feeling to the team as promised.

Reply #845480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When was that promised?

Reply #845487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a professional team, get over it

Reply #845489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I agree but I get the feeling stewie was aiming to high to begin with getting the coaching gig was always going to be a long shot he could have applied for a couple of the other positions like the one Chivers got and at least got his foot in the door . Does anyone know what the go is with the chargers I thought they had a couple of big names lined up ?

Reply #845532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart would've been a great assistant, that could be the problem, I still don’t see Roth coaching record in the nbl any better than Stewart. Roth had better put a good team together and perform well otherwise the knifes will be out early.

Reply #845540 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754