Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v Bullets Apr 16

The Bullets head to Tassie to the Silverdome. It was the Dangerzone for the Cats, who just when they were about to be skinned alive, seem to claw out a victory. Breakers were in control for most of the game except at the end.

The Bullets are travelling like a fat kid who gets car sick, and they are doing a windy road in the hills. Still they are off to the Dangerzone and I just have a vision of Sobey riding a motor cycle chasing a jet.

Breakers are travelling poorly but not as bad as what their record says.

Should be close, but the Breakers are due a win, just because...

Topic #48371 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Think the Breakers might get this.
NZ by 4

Reply #842860 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ have been right in most of their games to only stumble in the last quarter or OT.
With Randolph, Webster, WMW and Rob Loe all getting a couple of games under their belts and the announcement of some home games NZ will be liking their chances.

Reply #842868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopeful for a nz win. But think Brisbane v New Zealand is an even matchup so should be an entertaining regardless.

Reply #842873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers have reinvented themselves several times this season. When their playing roster was depleted they reduced the tempo. If they up the tempo and can get just 1 transition basket each quarter, they're on a 5 game wins streak. They just need some easy baskets and with Loe and Randolph now they need to increase the tempo.

Can someone tweet Dan Shamir and ask them to run some flow so we don't have to hear bigdog complaining about on-ball sets?

Reply #842879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will Patterson show NZ how good he is could be the key, should be a great game. Perhaps NZ by one.

Reply #842886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are teams kept in isolation at all when they get to Tassie & only allowed to leave their hotel when it's game time?

Reply #842917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No restrictions in Tasmania

Reply #842926 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Please refer to him as Fatterson until it is no longer warranted.

Reply #842984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should we call you no idea bolt until such a similar time?

Reply #842988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a bolt with out a nut, useless.

Reply #842992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure after saying this he’ll prove me wrong, but I don’t think the Breakers will have any problem containing Fatterson and his bully ball. The Breakers struggle with the quickness of Cotton, not the size and strength of Fatterson.

Reply #843001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's ridiculous that people on here think fat shaming is acceptable, even if it's towards a professional athlete. I don't care who he plays for, I wish LaLard Patterson well for the rest of the season.

Reply #843012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Frolings shot count at the end of the half?

Reply #843014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WMW is better than Giddey. Man the commentary team will be on suicide watch if he continues in the 2nd half and gets that elusive triple double before Josh

Reply #843015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many overrated players Brisbane, Cadee, Krebs, Drimic for starters.

Reply #843017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WMW is also at least four years older.

Reply #843019 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Wow a blowout!!!!
Brisbane folded like cheap suit. Absolute disgrace.
Way to go Breakers.

Reply #843022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Breakers are a hard team. Both Perth and United had to do it tough to beat them. I don't know if they can realistically make the playoffs, but I know for sure they’re going to create stress for a few teams on the cusp. Tai Webster to come back, imagine the pace they’ll play at then!?

Well done on WMW and Randolph starting to settle in.

Reply #843023 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Breakers have lost so many games when they just ran out of legs or had to nurse fouls in the last quarter with their shortened lineup.

Now have genuine depth and a much different proposition.

Reply #843024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've always liked Lemanis as a coach, Law a massive loss but some of his Australian connection, they are soft, give it away to easily. Sobey and Patterson not on the same page either. Can’t see the top four changing from here.

Reply #843025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not many people would say they like Lemanis as a coach. Worn out his welcome in Brisbane, any chance Tassie can take him.

Reply #843050 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Doubt he gets hired again after his Bullets contract ends.

Reply #843052 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Without a nut? Plenty to choose from on here me thinks.

Reply #843053 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Bullets have been consistently poor defensively since they re-entered the league with Lemanis. It's certainly not all on him with some of the strange rosters they've put together, but by now it's hard to not assign him the lion's share of blame.

Reply #843055 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

McDowell White with a triple double despite a poster being adamant that Giddey is better.
Oh my....

Reply #843056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane were really good at times earlier this year. But they've basically swapped Law for Patterson. Patterson should be blacklisted from the league.

Reply #843062 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Bullets winning with Johnson and they remove it..

Reply #843069 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Better first half from breakers as they didn't run on ball screen action all the time.

Reply #843097 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Better first half from breakers as they didn't run on ball screen action all the time.

Reply #843115 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754