Jack Toft
Years ago

Cats v Hawks Apr 16

I guess if you're trying the hold fourth spot the last thing you need is a trip to the sunny west, home of the Wildcats. I can think of more pleasurable things to do on a Friday night, like getting my back waxed, and I'm sure the Hawks will be hoping for a back wax too.

(almost) top of the table cats will regain top spot with a win so there's plenty at stake and the Cat's fans will know it too.

There's already a couple of cyclones in the west, so I'm not too sure there will be a Cyclone Hawks. Cats to regain the top spot...

Topic #48372 | Report this topic

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Perth by plenty.

Reply #842861 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

Perth to win by home cooking from the refs. This is the only way they can win based on the comments on this forum.

Reply #842882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#882, you are on the money. Lol.

Hawks will be very competitive but can't see the W. Perth by 11 and Mooney to be huge.

Reply #842888 | Report this post

tony ronaldson  
Years ago

classic cyclone joke while people are trying to rebuild their whole lives

Reply #842904 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It's the Fujiwhara Effect all over again and unfortunately the AFL is the dominant system right now so no live NBL for me tonight :(

While Kalbarri & Northampton begin rebuilding their towns, Bryce has been rebuilding his perimeter jumpshot so look out Hawks.

Reply #842935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

classic cyclone joke while people are trying to rebuild their whole lives

*hole lives

Reply #842936 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Steindl to find his touch. It's the Hawks, it’s a given.

Reply #842986 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

Perth fans to boo their own team due to the big raffle drama. Ref confusion ensues and Hawks win by 30.

Reply #843004 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Do people really care about the raffle?

Reply #843005 | Report this post

Perth Arena  
Years ago

I think it was a bit of an asshole move but I don't care, I can’t even remember what the prizes were. But yeah there were some ragey people on Facebook.

Reply #843006 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

More pissed about the price freeze being removed to be honest.

Reply #843007 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's been a while since we've had a 7:30pm local time ripoff.

Reply #843020 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

tipoff*

Reply #843021 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

For a little bit I was starting to think that these game previews had reached 'so bad it's good' territory, but now they've gone back to just being bad. Might be time to have a break, Jack.

Reply #843028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorjian gets a tech for telling the refs to stop calling bullshit after Deng travelled. He comes out of the timeout and asks why he wasn't warned, and tells the refs its fucking weak.

And this guy is the master coach?

Reply #843029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your right re the tech, but Gleeson should have got one as well.

Cracking game, two great teams and coaches. If Perth are allowed to get an extra import due to Cotton naturalising, they are unbeatable. Ogilvy playing excellent, Froling has really progressed under Goorj. Blanchfield playing great. It amazing how good coaches get the best out of talent.

Martin great on the sideline. Great commentary team in the booth.

Reply #843031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did Gleeson say?

Reply #843032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson never shuts up, I'm not certain what he said but he was six foot onto the court getting into the ref.

Reply #843036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How's Mooney's citizenship going?

Reply #843038 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

As much as I hate Perth, I secretly love them

They are what a basketball team is meant to be

Apart from Gleeson and Wagstaff of course.

They bring the effort and the little things more consistently than anyone else. They play team first basketball. Cotton is the Lebron to Gaze's Jordan. From a bball perspective, plenty to like. They're the purists team

Reply #843043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree 100% LV.

Reply #843048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anyone remember the last time a wildcats player got a tech for talking back to the ref's? It's very rare. Gleason rides the ref's yes. But if his players talk back they get yanked. Only he can get techs.

Reply #843049 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

Great crowd given the Eagles were also playing.

Reply #843058 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Anon #049 is right. Only Gleeson rides the refs at the Cats. It's clear his players are under strict instructions not to challenge the refs too much.
Thought the Hawks were really gallant. They just couldn't stick with Perth long enough.

Reply #843061 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I thought that was a really fun game and the crowd was bloody good tonight, but nothing a few more shots going in from both teams couldn't have fixed.

I agree with you LV especially with Wagstaff, a winner but his game makes me cringe like nobody else in the NBL.

I hope we see Cam Bairstow soon as I really missed the big fella out there tonight and of course coming up against his brother

Reply #843065 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

More pissed about the price freeze being removed to be honest.
Yeah, exactly. The raffle I really don't care about, but a massive price hike is inevitable and losing out on the price freeze is piss poor.

Reply #843125 | Report this post

Dex  
Years ago

Next time the cats asked for help as a member I'll tell them to f@@k off.

Reply #843159 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

What exactly happened?

Reply #843161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I went from captains club member to part time attender. It's just too expensive for me

Reply #843210 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754