Free to be me
Years ago

SA Junior tech foul squad

* post relates to SA District Metro League *

Last Friday of the summer season has gone by with ZERO tech fouls called

Congrats to the Refs who have obviously dealt with questions & complaints during the game without having to just roll with the easy option of a tech foul

It's a fact that the best Officials give few tech fouls as they have great overall communication & it seems based on last Friday night that BSA are training the Refs

Obviously nukleheads who disrespect the game & Refs should get a straight up penalty but many of the refs were handing out tech fouls like the team manager hands out red snakes !

Keep up the good work & remember it’s not the Nbl, it’s junior sport

Hoops needs more positive ref posts

Topic #48404 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes a good call out, however the data might be slightly scewed

majority of tech fouls would occur by senior players or coaches and a little bit in U18s. I think the majority of U18 div 1 games didnt go ahead last friday

Reply #844331 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Not sure that's a positive ref post.

Reply #844344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a positive ref post? lol

All you've done by posting this is invite people to bag referees. This is not going to go as you planned.

Reply #844345 | Report this post

Free to be me  
Years ago

So if the Refs are improving & less coaches & players are getting tech fouls then is that not positive ?

Positive for developing umpires
Positive for coaches & players also

Reply #844348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What development? You're kidding yourself

Reply #844353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how can you possibly know that across 10 different stadiums no tech fouls were called?

Anyone who has seen coaches in SA perform know even if this were true this would not be a good thing as many many coaches would have deserved one.

What an absolutely ridiculous post.

Reply #844367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please provide evidence of development within SA? During COVID as an example where was the video analysis and coaching as a starting point? What did the BSA refereeing framework department do during that time with no games?

No techs is an anomaly, it will not be the norm. Not one thing has changed in SA regarding refereeing.

Reply #844369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only way anyone knows this information is from the behaviour forms sent to BSA. I doubt this is public knowledge so clearly an inside post from BSA.

Reply #844370 | Report this post

Free to be me  
Years ago

ZERO techs last Friday
That's obvious

Reality is that’s what refs prefer and the ref manager is developing refs

Reply #844381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free to be me please go back to your homework.

Reply #844391 | Report this post

Free to be me  
Years ago

No home work in the school holidays wise guy/gal
No tech fouls either

Reply #844393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many solos?

How many green shirts?

How many abusive coaches not dealt with?

Reply #844400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FTBM please provide proof of no technicals

Reply #844404 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Nope definately a T called in the game I was half watching over my right shoulder, it was a quick call but you know, maybe player did carry on a bit and then the ball didn't quite go straight back to ref...

Reply #844409 | Report this post

Free to be me  
Years ago

Anon please show proof of a tech foul
By all means please check the online results & send through

Reply #844416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ftbm, maybe offer some proof of your own first?

Secondly, not that I believe a word that he/she has posted, if the non existent ref manager had a target of xero tech fouls all that would do is prove SA reffing has no hope.

Reply #844418 | Report this post

Free to be me  
Years ago

Non existent Ref manager ? They have 2-3 Ref employees
The ref manager is an Olympic Ref & had considerable Nbl experience

If you check the stats you will see no tech fouls last Friday night

Fact is Refs are being trained & educated but many fools would not see the work which is done

I don't know in’s & outs but trust work is done

Reply #844432 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not sure how to show you proof Free to be me, but if in the results TFS stands for a Tech...it is in the results via Sports TG

Reply #844435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't know much actually. Theres 2 ex referees employed by BSA, one on the framework of reffing and one in comps. There's no ref manager as such. The active referees have come and gone as soon as they could get out of there.

I know you think things are good but you're just wrong. Again no Techs on a Friday is not a goal of any reffing program.

Reply #844452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Last Friday of the summer season has gone by with ZERO tech fouls called"
So on one night no techs were called and you create a topic for this? Idiot.

Reply #844463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Para-Olympic referee for clarity

Reply #844465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO clarity there. What are you trying to say?

Reply #844466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That there's a difference between being an Olympic official and Para-Olypmic official.

Reply #844467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They attend different tournaments and the game is different. You know, abled bodied v wheelchair

Reply #844468 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What a completely random shout out post.

Was there an increase in physicality and bad behavior in games as a result of no "calming" tech fouls?

Tech fouls can be effective in making sure teams toe the line.

I dare say sometimes it's the best thing a ref can do and prevents worse escalation.

Reply #844474 | Report this post

Noddy  
Years ago

WOW, umpires having to communicate. Bout time. Well done PH if this was the case.
NI would have massively struggled if she was still waddling up and down the floor.
Even JB would have had to take the summer off if they were the rules during summer season.

Reply #844538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's jb and what are you even on about

Reply #844970 | Report this post

HeadRef  
Years ago

You say no Techs were called because refs are being trained better. You would want to hope that they're getting better seeing they’re suspending people now. Definitely heard of refs saying they’re going to tech coaches as soon as they walk out and know who they’re reffing. Quality there. Throw out techs no questions asked and now there is people going to be suspended. Stop taking the emotion out of sport

Reply #845169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for posting Rojo

Reply #845174 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754