?
Years ago

May junior tournament for SA

are there any details on line regarding this yet ? draw / schedule etc ? is it just D1 teams ?

Topic #48414 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Just div 1 teams , top 4/5 qualify for Classics.

Reply #844779 | Report this post

Chill  
Years ago

Has that been confirmed? Not doubting you just have been looking for that info from BSA for a while and haven't seen anything anywhere

Reply #844798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speak to your JDO

Reply #844799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Speak to your JDO is a cop out.

No, I pay fees to BSA. Our money keeps them operational. Not my JDO. They should communicate directly. They count me as a member but anytime they're asked to do anything they blame the clubs.

Where is the info? Where is the details? The website? Why the change from a system that worked? That was fair to everyone. That has over 30 years of history. Nothing, zero, silence.

They hide everything to avoid accountability. They are a disgrace of a peak body.

Reply #844802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that is why basketball in SA is where is is, stuck in the past. (30 years of history..)

Reply #844805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Change for the sake of change is stupidity at its truiest form.

Reply #844806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson failed for 10 years as ref manager.state has no refs. Solos every Friday night. Nbl1 refs doubling up at every stadium and many not even L2. Social teams forced to supply their own. Sacked refs back doing district out of desperation.

Now he's comps manager he's cut the tournament down to 1/4 the size to hide the fact he's failed at every thing he's ever done.

Reply #844808 | Report this post

Europa  
Years ago

Question, how does a Country Ass qualify for Nationals now?

Reply #844809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of that info has been sent to clubs.
If you don't know and need to ask on a public forum instead, then I'd suggest expressing our unhappiness with your club.

As stated above, the tournament is solely for Classic and u14 Nationals ranking, so is relevant for Div 1 only.

Reply #844811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#806 yep and look at the current state of district. You're doing so well.

Reply #844813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#808 Come on that is unfair. Gibson has been a resounding success at gifting his mates jobs.

Reply #844814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah they changed it all. And its now worse than ever. Thanks for making my point for me.

And Mike thanks for directing me back to my JDO and ignoring my legitimate comments about why that is not appropriate. Typical of BSA.

Reply #844815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His mates that stole money, messed the entire organisation out of fear, behaved like a bully to the entire staff who kept notes and were ignored despite numerous complaints, cost the sports 1,000s and have all quit or been sacked.

What a wonderful legacy. And the 2 CEOS and the Board do nothing.

Reply #844821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And moved to Melbourne for power oh I mean love

Reply #844822 | Report this post

Easy As  
Years ago

My sons JDO told us that they can't release a draw because the seedings for the tournament, which are based on the grading season ladder positions, aren't finalised until the Friday prior.

Reply #844881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corry says Hi

Reply #844884 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

That doesn't make sense Easy As...the Div 1 teams aren’t being graded in the summer season.

Reply #844885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It makes complete sense. Easy As is referring to the tournament seedings, not gradings for winter.

Reply #844886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, that makes perfect sense. You misunderstood the meaning.
Teams need to be seeded for the tournament, same as they are for State Champs. That can't happen until summer minor rounds are over.

Reply #844887 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How does seeding work for these tournaments? Two pools? odd number teams after summer in 1 pool (ie 1,3,5,7,9) then even number in the other?

Reply #845281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Normally it's

Pool A. 1,4,5,8,9
Pool B. 2,3,6,7,10

Reply #845288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, no, because then team 1 has a harder draw than team 2, so there'd be no incentive or reward for finishing first. 288 has it correct.

Reply #845289 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

if it is done on the old state champs pooling document - it depends on the amount of teams 7-12 team nominations are into 2 pools. 1,3,6,8,9,11 and 2,4,5,7,10,12. Pools can only be done of table standings at the point when everyone in that grade have played each other - country teams are seeded from 5 onwards or as per controlling committee's ruling. If teams have not played each other during Summer season it will be table standings at the end of the minor round.

Reply #845318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If only the current Comp Manager was transparent and published all the details online like his predecessors we wouldn't have to ask.

So many question, no answers. Standard from current admin. Lost his assistant this week too. Things just going from bad to worse.

Reply #845337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

provided to all clubs at start of April were the specific rules including

'2021 Adelaide Junior Basketball Challenge RULES

1. Basketballs

5. Team Seeding
All teams are subject to acceptance and, seedings by the BSA Competitions Working Group Committee will be based on the team position after round 9 of the current summer season. All decisions by the BSA Competitions Working Group Committee shall be final. Subject to team nomination numbers the seeding and final playoff may vary from age group to age group but is expected to be similar to the previous State Championship scheduling and seeding process.'

Reply #845398 | Report this post

Europa  
Years ago

Subject to BSA competition working group.

If its based on standing at round 9 what does a working group have to do? Why not post this info publicly? What critera does this working group base their selections on if not just ladder placement? Who is the working group and who decided they know?

This is why they hide information. Because they're corrupt.

Reply #845400 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754