Mock
Years ago

Gibbo 450

Great achievement for Gibbo.

Back in the day he'd light you up with sweet treys and dimes all night.

Now he’s a canny veteran who just helps you get the W.

Great competitor. Great at talking some SMACK he’ll get up in an opponents grill and tell them they’re not all that.

Congratulations Gibbo. Not many get 450.

Topic #48416 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Bloody impressive!

Reply #844917 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Good effort. Well done Gibbo.

Reply #844918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congratulations, great achievement.

Reply #844923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A really crafty player in his prime.

Reply #844930 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Great at talking some SMACK he'll get up in an opponents grill

Hopefully he's not giving them financial advice.

In all seriousness congrats to Gibbo always seemed to get the most out of his skill set and gave good service to the Boomers including being an Olympian.

Reply #844931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably his last season. Congrats to Gibbo.

Reply #844935 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Amazing player. One of those super tough ballers, competitive, great game sense and very good skills. Take the injuries away and he could probably still run the point for SEM as well as anyone. Watched him in a 3 on 3 tournament a few years ago and realised how tough he was, one of those genuine all round players that can do everything.

Will be a great coach you would think.

Congratulations Adam, amazing achievement.

Reply #844976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great effort as the last 150 he has just been hanging on

Reply #844990 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Great effort by Gibbo.

I feel like we never quite saw the very best of him long enough. I mean it feels like his best season should have been better than 13ppg. I think at his peak he had some monster games, but then would get really passive the next game. Still a very good career though.

Reply #844996 | Report this post

Looking forward  
Years ago

He's been a placeholder for a number of years now.

Rather see more young players get opportunities.

Reply #844997 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

I think he still has value as a backup, maybe in Tassie. SEM should upgrade Le'afa.

Doing better than other veterans Kevin White and Jarrod Kenny.

Reply #844998 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I agree. Still capable of making meaningful contributions 450 games in.

Really impressive achievement. Respect & congrats, Gibbo.

Reply #845017 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I feel like we never quite saw the very best of him long enough. I mean it feels like his best season should have been better than 13ppg.

I think he got the most out of his ability he was never a superstar level player but copped a lot of criticism at the 36ers because he was being paid superstar money and he constantly under-delivered on that.

Reply #845021 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Underrated player . Adelaide probably needed more from him I don't recall how Adelaide were going during those years.

Damian Martin never averaged more than 8.75ppg or more than 4.5apg but benefited from playing with superstars like Redhage, Ennis and Cotton.
Of course Damo excelled on the defensive end but Gibson wasn't too shabby.

Reply #845026 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

"I think he got the most out of his ability he was never a superstar level player but copped a lot of criticism at the 36ers because he was being paid superstar money and he constantly under-delivered on that."

Yeah you're probably right on that. I just kinda always felt he was super close to taking a leap, but that might have been expectations based on salary and the fact he was a good player at a young age.

Reply #845043 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I remember he had those two monster games in 2015 when they had a couple of injuries, and went right back to his earlier production immediately afterwards.

Reply #845065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have a feeling he will suit up for one more season down in Tasmania they will need veteran leadership also a good opportunity for him to get a foot in the door for a coaching role

Reply #845211 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754