Red74
Years ago

NBL1 West Week 3 Preview & Predictions

WNBL1

SENATORS v SUNS
Senators sitting at 1 win and 1 loss over the opening round with the Suns having a bye. New inclusions Mansfield, Ironmonger and Jacobs should all play a key role with the returning Lynx player Williams and regular Motroni.
Suns by 10.

REDBACKS v MAGIC
The extra week off will help the Magic vets after their back to back games in round 1. Redbacks come off a big win against the Senators and I think this will be a close game. Allen v MCH worth the price of admission.
Redbacks by 8.

SLAMMERS v TIGERS
Sharpe might actually go for 40+ in this game if not given defensive priority. Slammers have got to hang there and make a contest.
Tigers by 30.

HAWKS v LIGHTNING
Hawks first game of season 2021 after round 1 bye and Lightning coming off a bad loss. Hopefully Coach Daniels has been getting the ladies revved up and focussed come Saturday night otherwise its going to be a blow out with Satie and bigs Dennis, McKay and Burton eating up the boards and putting points on the scoresheet.
Hawks by 32.

FLAMES v EAGLES
Flames coming off a loss to the Cougars and the Eagles at 1 win and 1 loss after a win against the veteran Magic. Burrows, Boag and Ciabattoni should all have big games here. Goulding to keep the Eagles close but wont be enough.
Flames by 15.

NBL1

SENATORS v SUNS
Senators undefeated after beating the Redbacks and Slammers and are travelling nicely. Suns havent played yet after a postponement of their round 1 game against the Buccs. Im not sure what to say about the Suns squad. A few new names, Reath & Majok, and mostly returned players from 2020/2019.
Senators by 13.

BUCCS v WOLVES
The evergreen Raplh and Wundenberg go around again with the signing of Muo back to WA. Seem to be a lot of young players in this squad and may be a rebuild in progress. Wolves are loaded and ready to go. Just ask them.
Wolves by 20.

REDBACKS v MAGIC
Redbacks coming off a loss to a strong Senators team and the Magic winning against Slammers and losing agianst the Eagles. Redbacks are still missing a few key pieces of the team but will be too strong for an improved Magic at home.
Redbacks by 8.

SLAMMERS v TIGERS
Williams, Scott and Vigor all had plus 20 points against Lakeside in round 1. This will be over quickly unless Coach Worthington has got some tricks up his sleeve. The only weakness the Tigers have is they are a bit thin in the big man stocks after Vigor and Collins.
Tigers by 34.

GIANTS v COUGARS
After leading most of the first half, the Giants came away with the L against the Hawks at home in round 1. Cougars have Coach Cooper back and with another week together should have Poz firing in the squad. Giants are a big squad. Cougs, not so much.
Giants at home by 12.

HAWKS v LIGHTNING
Hawks (2020 WWC Runners up) come off a good win on Hay Street (without Thomas), while the Lightning come off a disappointing effort against the Tigers. Shervill will be away with the Cats in Tassie with Ferguson coming up against his former team.
Hawks by 12.

FLAMES v EAGLES
Flames, a bit unexpectedly, got the W against the Cougars in round 1 without Hire, Jervis and Hussey. I dont expect any of those players back this round but they should still get the win on their home court.
Flames by 10.

Topic #48428 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Thanks for the write up.

Reply #845582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please don't start talking up MCH . do the veteran wolves have a bye.

Reply #845591 | Report this post

jordan glossop  
Years ago

Let's get it on! Half the men are my athletes, let's go guys! Put in that work and keep grindin!!!!

Wait until you see what I have in store for Perth.

Glossop out.

Reply #845600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the real glossop?

Reply #845627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know if couple workouts for your social makes them 'your’ athletes champ

Reply #845628 | Report this post

Jaydee  
Years ago

Hope Tom Parkinson gets some minutes for Lightning. He can be a difference maker if he gets court time.

Reply #845663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are they calling the women's comp WNBL1 in the west? I know they’re a little backwards over there. Both men & women’s are NBL1 everywhere else

Reply #845678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. The women are NBL1 as well. No different over here

Reply #845682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone needs to tell Red74

Reply #845683 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

1000 pardons your highness....... it was to indicate the different mens and womens predictions......move on people.

Reply #845685 | Report this post

jordan glossop  
Years ago

Hi Haters! A couple of workouts, this is my full time gig, bet I be doing more than a couple. MY athletes and Ian Yong out here gettin it and workin grindin full timin.

You all will see, I am putting Perth on the map.

Glossop out.

Reply #845692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait, so this isn't a piss take?

Reply #845696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth already on 'the map' mate.
This team called the wildcats go alright.
State teams doing well recently.

Reply #845702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1000 pardons your highness....... it was to indicate the different mens and womens predictions......move on people.

So call the men's mnbl

Reply #845703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Glossop out shit is lame.

Reply #845707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats to Buccs legend Aaron Ralph on his 400th game milestone tomorrow night. Epic achievement in this era

Reply #845714 | Report this post

jordan glossop  
Years ago

Guess how many of the WA State team are my ahtletes too.

HAHA we stay winning!!!!

Glossop out.

Reply #845719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Making them sweat copying social media fancy drills isn't developing.

Reply #845723 | Report this post

jordan glossop  
Years ago

LOL better than what everyone else is doing. Who else is doing runs like me? Who else is training like me? Who else gets results like me?

Glossop out.

Reply #845724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats to Buccs legend Aaron Ralph on his 400th game milestone tomorrow night. Epic achievement in this era

Reply #845725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plenty. They just don't do it for self glorification and have to tell everyone about it.

Reply #845726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clout chaser

Reply #845741 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Don't feed the trolls.

Still no word on whether this round is even going ahead?

Reply #845748 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It's still up in the air word is masks for everyone indoors even the players so if that happens the round won’t go ahead the teams will pull out

Reply #845770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players wearing masks my god WA has gone bat shit crazy

Reply #845772 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How is that crazy? COVID doesn't become less contagious just because you're playing sport.

Reply #845773 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This week is off too

Reply #845776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If teams can train without masks as per this week then surely they can play without. Just wear them on benches

Reply #845777 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

They can't train without masks either.

Reply #845782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Official announcement from BWA. Postponed again

Reply #845788 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

This government is a joke

Reply #845789 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why, because they won't make an exception that renders the restrictions completely pointless?

Reply #845792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to admit KB it is quite risk averse, given the other allowances. E.g. 45k at the Derby sunday.

Reply #845798 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

All of whom are required to wear masks.

Reply #845799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^ not the players!

Reply #845800 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Who are outdoors, in a spacious area.

Reply #845801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tackling each other, breathing in each others face, sharing water bottles, high fiving, shaking hands, sharing towels, touching the same ball hundreds of times... The AFL probably deserves preferential treatment in this regard as the players are probably isolating. But you can't argue it isn't inconsistent

Reply #845802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the AFL players as required to follow stricter protocols than the general public.

Reply #845803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stay under you little blanket kobe, there is no more risk to nbl1 players playing indoors (in usual large areas) than AFL players outdoors with contact / tackling etc. Do you think Covid is soo smart it knows players are playing outside so it would pass it on!

Reply #845808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL1 West players can freely move within the community under the WA government guidelines. The AFL players do not have the same freedom. That's the difference and the government made the stipulation at lockdown, professional athletes are exempt. There is a reason for that. Sorry that does not support your hate for Kobe

Reply #845810 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Meanwhile Netball WA has been telling people for the past week that players and referees don't have to wear masks, even indoors, and have been holding training and games mask-free.

How does that not get cracked down on?

Reply #845812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Netball about to re tract everything with some egg on the face

Reply #845815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both should be allowed to paly maskless, its such an over reaction from McClown with his "crush" and "eliminate" the virus goal that simply unrealistic.

Reply #845817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Egg should be on the face of the government with the pathetic inconsistency in the rules for wearing masks when playing contact sports

Reply #845818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"its such an over reaction from McClown with his "crush" and "eliminate" the virus goal that simply unrealistic."

So those four cases we've had in the past 12 months haven't been due to a successful government system?

Reply #845819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

egg on face indeed for netball

https://wa.netball.com.au/news/netball-wa-covid-19-update

Reply #845826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://wa.netball.com.au/news/important-covid-19-update

Reply #845827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant believe you people seem to take delight in sport being cancelled now the outbreak is stopped

Reply #845829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can highly recommend reading some Lancet articles on masks. While effective in some situations, they arent magic forcefields.

Reply #845843 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Cant believe you people seem to take delight in sport being cancelled now the outbreak is stopped
Nobody is delighted that it's not going ahead, merely that idiots have been shown to be idiots.

I can highly recommend reading some Lancet articles on masks
That's the journal that published the autism-caused-by-vaccines study that was so horrendously bad the bloke running it lost his medical licence, right?

Reply #845844 | Report this post

jordan glossop  
Years ago

Let's just get back to some positive talk and basketball my guys. I hope it's back on soon, I want to see my guys out there runnin and gunnin and gettin it!!!! PUT IN WORK.

STAY HUMBLE. STAY WOKE. INSPIRE. WE ARE ONE.

Glossop out.

Reply #846944 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Game on.

Reply #846951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes thats great!

Reply #846958 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:54 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754