Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Bullets MayDay, MayDay

The Adelaide 36ers will be out to get the W against the other 36ers tonight, on their home court.

A Brissy win would see then keep their narrow chances of a top 4 finish alive and with Lamar Patterson having a scorcher of a game against SEM, he should be the centre of attention tonight with a few frequent extinguishers on hand.

Both teams know how to disappoint their fans, and being May the 1st, which team will put out a Mayday call? It's DJ's 350th game and while that didn't work out for Abba last week, perhaps a rousing inspiration pre game speech from a silver haired legend might get the real 36ers across the line.

Both teams are unpredictable, but perhaps while Brisbane have the most to gain, Adelaide do seem to rise on the big games. My kiss of death goes to DJ & the boys.

Topic #48433 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Johnson gets forty Sixers are a chance. Sixers northern franchise Brisbane got lot more to play for and should win comfortably.

Bullets by 11.

Reply #845870 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

No comments on a fairly important game?

Both with outside chance(s) of making the four, both capable of beating any/all, both playing at best and worst alternately.

Whose turn today? Will keep their hopes alive (just) while the other's will nose-dive.

Car,n the Bull(ette)s. Get back to being the Bullets!

Reply #845873 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

re: "If Johnson gets forty Sixers are a chance."

Which one? DJ or BJ? (playing or not?)

Reply #845875 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Adelaide should win today.

Reply #845893 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Get Brandon Paul the ball. Give him some shots

Reply #845894 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

You just never know who is turning up for both these teams.

Reply #845915 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

An up and about Patterson might prove to be a challenge for us tonight. Is Giddey playing despite his draft declaration? Congrats to DJ on his 350th game for us but I do hope we move him to the bench next season.

Sixers by 5

Reply #845916 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

* DJ's 350th game for his career not just for the Sixers.

Reply #845919 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

DJ as a bench scorer in future seasons makes sense. Is 33 now.
Spark plug offence, can't guard a garden gnome but will get points in a hurry.

Does Giddey get another triple double.

Reply #845999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free entry for all
Liberal party members! Wtf!

Reply #846004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loved Copes as a player. As a commentator he's pretty flat though.

Reply #846011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free entry for all Liberal party members! Wtf

Reply #846012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would DJ ever go to another team in his twilight? I think Perth was closest to get him a few years ago.

Reply #846014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide jumpers look fantastic. Luke and Copeland average.

Reply #846016 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Copeland without Gaze by his side of just doesn't work.

Reply #846022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't remember those Adelaide jerseys looking like bright bananas.

Reply #846023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't have Copeland commentate then :)

Reply #846025 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

No hungry jacks fatties.

Reply #846029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is a geriatric import with no game still playing ahead of Mcveigh? Rotations have been highly questionable all season from this coaching team.

Reply #846033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have the Adelaide crowd never had Hungry Jacks before? Is there even a HJs in Adelaide?

Reply #846035 | Report this post

Years ago

Wow didn't the commentary dance around the 'What are you hearing about Magnay’ question Copes asked.

Reply #846036 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Have the Adelaide crowd never had Hungry Jacks before?

I had to laugh at that. Are they all starving over there?

Reply #846051 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

In terms of colour scheme the Sixers jersey has never been so brightly yellow. What a fail.

Reply #846053 | Report this post

Years ago

Wigness not NBL standard.

Adelaide to coast onwards for an easy W and tantalise their faithful about potentially getting fourth seed.

Reply #846054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pinder to Brisbane.

Reply #846057 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Giddey triple double.

Reply #846058 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

First Australian to have back-to+back triple doubles in league history.

Reply #846059 | Report this post

Knowall  
Years ago

Vegemite could be a good sponsor with that uniform

Reply #846060 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

This triple double is more meaningful as it happened in a win.

Reply #846061 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Funny how the commentators kept talking about Pinder the context of him not being as shit as usual

Reply #846063 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Who's hating on my boy Kaz now. Anyone who dissed him all year long can basically eat their words.

Reply #846064 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Kinder had one good game, let's wait and see if he can manage a second one this year

Reply #846065 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Also McVeigh getting screwed of time is an atrocity

Reply #846066 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

@KET you were obviously not watching him dominated Mooney when Adelaide beat Perth when he at 12 and 4 blocks against the best big msn in the league sit down homie

Reply #846067 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Thx mrs Pinder

Reply #846068 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Keanu is a good friend of mine why wouldn't I support him?

Reply #846069 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Your a tool @ket

Reply #846070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am disappointed with the management as for tonight it's DJs 350th game ,no plaque given to him like in the past other players have
received it .Great team win for DJ but poor form from management ,I think they can’t afford a plaque these days .

Reply #846071 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Did not think about that but very true, they should have done some formal thing for DJ.

Reply #846072 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Is McVeigh injured or Henry a tosser who won't play him.

Reply #846078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like it's back to pre hump injury rotation time for Jack, insane, just play him at the 3.

Reply #846081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh must not be a member of the liberal party, so no minutes for him.

Reply #846092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucky Liberal members are being offered free basketball tickets to watch the Adelaide 36ers, thanks to the team's owner and much-speculated Mayo candidate, Grant Kelley.

In an email to Liberal members, supplied to Off the Record, Mayo federal electorate committee (FEC) president Rowan Mumford tells them a free ticket for them and a friend to the May 4 home game (against the Cairns Taipans) is being supplied thanks to "our good friends at the Adelaide 36ers".

“Grant Kelley, owner of the 36ers organisation, is a strong supporter of the Liberal Party in South Australiaand the Mayo FEC,” Mumford writes.

Kelley, whose public campaign for the Adelaide Crows board was thwarted last year, early last year was rumoured to be positioning as the Liberal candidate for Mayo, to take on incumbent Rebekha Sharkie at a federal election now expected early next year.

Kelley, who declined to comment on any Mayo preselection intentions, is chief executive officer of national shopping centre giant Vicinity Centres.

His family company, Holdfast Assets, has property holdings in Mayo, including two vineyards on the Fleurieu Peninsula.

Long-term Liberal fundraising director Maurice Henderson last September became managing director of Holdfast Assets.

Henderson retains strong Liberal connections - it is understood the ticket offer has been received by party members in electorates other than Mayo.

Asked whether the gift of basketball tickets was appropriate for a potential preselection candidate, Liberal state director Sascha Meldrum said “whether Mr Kelley intends to nominate is a question for him”.

Reply #846093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must be struggling to get a crowd. So frustrating as a members who have paid up for the season. Think next year I'll just wait and mop up the freebies and pay for the odd high drawing game

Reply #846094 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Everyone knows this already, he constantly has Marshall sitting next to him.

Get over it!

36ers and NBL having the ears of influential people is a hell of a lot better than being ignored!

Reply #846095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would anyone buy a membership when there's now free tickets getting thrown around left, right and centre?

Reply #846099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of free tickets given away in the titanium security arena days.

Reply #846109 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Huge win, Pinder starting to look like the player we all hoped he would be on day one and Giddey just keeps on breaking records.

Reply #846111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next time anyone sees free tickets, can they please post here BEFORE the game so I can access?

Reply #846119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loved the heritage singlet

Reply #846206 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Not sure why Crocker gets on at all, brings zero to the team and is getting worse.
Thought Pinder was really good.
Paul shows signs but thought he'd be a better scorer.
Not sure he’d be a priority signing for next year?
I hope McVeigh doesn’t walk due to lack of time, he deserves more than he’s getting.
I don’t hold much hope for success in the Henry era.

Reply #846213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh to Brisbane.

Reply #846277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane got enough useless Sixers already, don't need another one.

Reply #846286 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754