Years ago

Smart decision.

Reply #846646 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #846647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If true, it will be a loss for Australian basketball, he's done very well over a long period of time in the nbl and for Australia.

Reply #846649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking that cash!!!!

Reply #846650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should still be the national coach.

Reply #846656 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Was always only here to get the club up and running again do looking for a new challenge and this is a new team to this league just what he was looking for

Reply #846657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Neilson is a name to watch out for .

Reply #846658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ Bruton to take the reins.

Reply #846664 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Simmons makes Lemanis a no go doesn't it?

Reply #846665 | Report this post

Thanks for Nada  
Years ago

Good riddance. Brisbane basketball will improve rapidly without this douche canoe at the club.

Reply #846666 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Reserve my opinion on Lemanis, have stated it before. IMO, this is a good move for me, him, and Brisbane!

I would like to see how a new coach will go in Brisban

He is probably sick of all the criticisms he must read/hear from forums/podcasts and real live people yelling abuse at him (and all coaches) at games. Boy, he'll find a huge difference there (in Japan), with peoples' manners. They are renowned for their politeness. "Please, Mr Coach Lemanis, Get your head out of your very sweet-smelling arse ....!" etc.

Brisbane should have the same opinion as me. Thanks for everything, now it's some-one else's turn.

Good luck for future and thanks for all you have done, for Brisbane and the Boomers.

Trev, you may become my new target. You should take a gig over there too to learn some manners from them (the Japanese)! But I honestly don't care enough about Perth or who coaches them and how.

Reply #846679 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Joey Wright? He's said he still considers Brisbane home.

Reply #846684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, haters going to hate, who have never achieved anything.

Reply #846685 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Joey won't coach NBL again, has been pretty firm and consistent with that.
Wouldn’t it be funny to see Froling and Sobey’s reactions if he did though.

Reply #846687 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yeah no chance he goes to Brissy.

Reply #846690 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

I'll drive you to the airport Andrej :)

An underwhelming tenure in Brisbane, very much looking forward to a positive change. I don't think CJ is the way to go though.

Reply #846691 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Joey won't coach NBL again, has been pretty firm and consistent with that.
Wouldn't it be funny to see Froling and Sobey’s reactions if he did though.

I know he said that but that was before his hometown job became available. Sobey can leave at the end of this season if he wants and who cares about Harry Froling.

Reply #846695 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think CJ is the way to go though.

Sammy Mac was an assistant coach last season maybe he'll appoint himself?

Reply #846699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd go with Henare

Reply #846700 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

A lot of really mixed feelings on Lemanis here. I think you can call his time at Brisbane underwhelming but that's only in comparison to his time at the Boomers. You'd expect the national coach to be a step above guys who never end up in that conversation, and he hasn't been. But at the same token, he gets a whole lot of criticism for his handling of the Boomers despite being, without question, the most successful Boomers coach to date. I think much of the criticism he cops has been unfair on the Boomers front - he had that team playing beautiful basketball at the last two major tournaments, an I am not confident Goorjian will do better. But he's made questionable decisions with the Bullets, such as Sobey at point guard - an experiment that well and truly fell on its face.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lemanis head another national team in the future. There were talks of him taking over for Latvia and now that he's in Japan, that door will likely be opened to him there as well. Some might scoff at his coaching in Australia but the job the Boomers have done internationally under his stewardship has not gone unnoticed. I think it's definitely time for a new direction for Lemanis so I think this is a positive move for him individually but I think some of the bashing needs to stop. The Boomers didn't underachieve with him at the helm, on paper they actually vastly overachieved. Let's see Goorjian do better. I'm not convinced he can.

Reply #846704 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think the Brisbane's roster building has been a bigger issue than the coaching since they rejoined the league. There have been a couple of notable late-game bloopers from the coaching staff over the years, but overall I think it's been unbalanced rosters and inconsistent imports that have kept them out of the top 4.

Reply #846706 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

... also to add, I've enjoyed lightly following the Shiga Lakestars with Dennis coaching, and will do the same with Lemanis.

Reply #846707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

21/22 bullets?

Import pg
Sobey
Law(i) sf/pf
Motum
Hodgson

Cadee
Krebs
Drmic
Bj Johnson(i) sf/pf
Harrison

Wigness
Robateau

Cut Froling
Dennis, Dalton, move
Jones college

Reply #846713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After years of tapping players on the shoulder and politely telling them to leave despite still being on contract, did Sammy have the smarts to do the same to Andre?

Reply #846741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey would definitely coach nbl again. He would state otherwise so it's didn’t look bad for his ego when the offers don’t roll in. If the money was right, he’d be all over it lol would like to see him at the Bullets without the Eddy cash flow to play with.

Reply #846771 | Report this post

Years ago

The way his tenure in Adelaide ended, he won't be coaching NBL again any time soon.

Reply #846780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please no ex player who has never coached his own team.
It's a waste of time. Rarely works out.

Hire someone who has invested years in understanding their craft.

Reply #846781 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So Kevin Martin owns the Bullets and has connections in America, at what stage would you envision an American coming to coach in the NBL?

We see what's happened to Will Weaver and the hype from Next stars and even NBA x NBL matches and plenty on NBA scouts so would it be the worst coaching move to coach here?

Please no Fearne (I know Brisbane loved the players he brought in).

Thanks Drej, I'll never forget sitting in front of you on the plane from Perth to Brisbane and us having a good chat for a bit of the 5 hour trip... that made him so much more likeable even if the Bullets slaughtered us the night before

Reply #846866 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Also, wasn't Lemanis the youngest NBL player in history, if so and this is his last stint in the NBL, he has definitely made his mark on the sport in this country and I wish him all the best for his future endeavours

Reply #846867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could see a Henare and Lemanis swap, that's a win, win for both sides.

Reply #846897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i reckon pero cameron could be an option, he lives in brisbane

Reply #846996 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754