Jack Toft
Years ago

SYD v ADL May 9

Both teams carry a bit of form into this game, but that means nothing once the ref throws that orange nugget in the air. It's Mother's Day Today, so we take a mom-ent to celebrate the mums, or birthing parent as some want to call them.

Sydney are leading the series 2:1 and could almost lock in 3rd spot with a win today. There's plenty of season left, but they can open up the gap with SEM if they play well.

But enter the excitement machine and his band of merry men. The Sixers will need to improve on their away game if they want to get the W today. Normally at this end of the season I say the Kings would crumble, but today they might just bring home a bunch of chrysanthemums for mum.

Topic #48467 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This should be close, the coaches might decide this contest. Does Weeks help that much, probably not. Hunter v Humphries, Martin v Johnson could decide this, actually Ware v Giddey, Moller v Paul could also be a great contest. Can the kings hang on while the troupes recover, I for one haven't got a clue. Hope the refs let them play. Kings maybe by 3.

Reply #847390 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

It is Giddey v Ware, not Ware v Giddy.
Ware v DECH

Reply #847412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same crap on the road 6ers performance. Maybe stop travelling the GM?

Reply #847421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Maybe stop travelling the GM?" Huh?

Reply #847422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Giddey another triple double. Great game all around by all of Adelaide to fight back from 16 down.

Reply #847428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Giddey forced that turnover to get a triple double, no doubt.

Reply #847429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great clutch shooting by DJ late.

Reply #847430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to sack Conor! Get rid of JVG let him go to another club!

Oh wait ... they won ...

Reply #847431 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What a performance that was, I don't think I've ever seen a more dominant OT than that before, we just blew them out of the water on their own floor. Giddey gets TD #3 and DJ on fire in OT. Loved Dech's defensive effort such an underrated player.

Reply #847432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Sydney's loss means MELBOURNE are one win off a guaranteed top two finish.

Reply #847434 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Connor Henry's been much improved in the second half of the season, ignore the trolls.

Reply #847435 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Dech let's Casper score at will all game. Then final quarter says nope.

Reply #847438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Adelaide coaching staff clearly out pointed the kings coaching staff, Kickett, Vadonovic and Weeks on together when kings lead by 12 deep in the third hurt. Kings lost momentum and never got it back. Bad loss from kings, still a chance win a few injured players coming back.

Reply #847450 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Humphries: hugeeeee on D, struggled offensively then splashed 3 corner threes
DJ: crap for 3Qs then went MVP
Crocker: struggled then hit a big shot or two
Dech: forgettable shooting, huge defensively
Giddey: Another good game but wasn't his best. Still a trip dub.
Paul: Great game, kept the team in it
McVeigh: good in minutes he had. Dammit give him more.
Pinder: another productive game with strong shooting (can’t believe I’m saying that)
Dillon: meh

Reply #847461 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Giddeys defence is shit and he looks disinterested on defence. And he ball watches. Won't last long in the nba if he makes it.

Reply #847462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no defence in the NBA so he will fit in perfectly

Reply #847463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide looked reasonably well organised at both ends.
Sydney only run offence for Martin and Ware, Sydney defensively rely on to few, box out poorly allowing to many offensive boards.
Adelaide side look better balanced for next season with a few tweaks.
Sydney seem to be 3/4 man heavy. Martin, Cooks, Moller, Vadonovic, Newley. Kickett is to old, Newley more bench next season. Kings probably going to have a very different team next season.
Sixers have had a few bad days this season, look much better since Paul started and Crocket off the bench, will require an import point next season if Giddey is nba.

Reply #847468 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think I've ever seen a more dominant OT than that before
Different league, but the Suns had a 20-4 OT against the Cavs the other day. As someone commented, pretty rare that you have garbage time in OT.

Reply #847481 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

By SpatialJam's combo data, DJ's net rating is horrible, but as a two-man combo with Humphries, the numbers are decent. Probably fits given that Adelaide have won games with Humphries back.

Giddey/Paul/Dech/DJ/Humphries is a decent five.

Reply #847482 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I once had a 21-3 overtime in My Player in NBA 2k12. I went 6/6 from three in the first four minutes, got subbed out, it was a 3-3 tie while I was on the bench.

We went on to our second straight championship, I picked up Finals MVP for the second year in a row, and topped my MVP season the year prior by winning Most Improved Player and obviously league MVP again.

I became a free agent that off-season, and they did not offer to re-sign me.

Reply #847483 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Triple doubles don't happen all that much.
I seem to recall Sobey got one for the 36ers and before that Julius Hodge.
Most likely Giddey the most 36er.

Reply #847492 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Will there be three imports next season?
If there's only two again, do Sixers try and re-sign Paul and then add an import PG to replace Giddey?
You’d hope they’d try and sign McVeigh but he would have to be tempted by another club that may offer him more minutes?

Reply #847512 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

You'd hope they’d try and sign McVeigh but he would have to be tempted by another club that may offer him more minutes?

McVeigh is 7th on the roster in minutes per game (18mpg).

If you had told me that at the beginning of the season I'd say thats about right.

I'm interested to know where people think he should be? and who would you take time from to give to McVeigh, please note Pinder is on less minutes at just under 16 MPG.

He has done good things this season and should be retained, but I wouldn't be promising him big money or big minutes.

Reply #847513 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"I once had a 21-3 overtime in My Player in NBA 2k12. I went 6/6 from three in the first four minutes, got subbed out, it was a 3-3 tie while I was on the bench.

We went on to our second straight championship, I picked up Finals MVP for the second year in a row, and topped my MVP season the year prior by winning Most Improved Player and obviously league MVP again.

I became a free agent that off-season, and they did not offer to re-sign me."

Okay...

Reply #847519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McVeigh has been a major improvement on previous seasons but as LB says above his time has been fine, he still struggles defensively and playing in a flowing offence.

Reply #847524 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Sure Lovebroker, it actually doesn't seem that bad- I guess I’m still thinking that mid season time when he was sitting a lot and Crocker and Pinder were sucking.
But yeah that’s fair time. Pinder has progressed well too, which I didn’t think will happen.
I’d still try and keep him.

Reply #847525 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would like McVeigh to re-sign but I think he's shown enough around mid-season when he was getting court time to suggest other teams will be interested, perhaps Tassie, so he probably won't want to come back.

Reply #847528 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754