Jack Toft
Years ago

PER v NZB May 9

Those poor Kiwis. Stuck on the West Island for months and months. Now they have to travel to the Republic of Westralia.

But 10 out of 10 for effort and commitment. Mother Jacinta would give the all a hug if she could, but it'll be a virtual hug. I'm sure Perf will oblige and give them a hug on her behalf. What did the Webster brothers say when they both got lost in the stadium? We were separated at Perth.

Perf seem destined to finish second, which will please them as much as knowing that their GST is helping out other states, and on behalf of housing commission tenants, we thank you.

The Breakers will put up their usual brilliant fight, but Perf in Perf is a hard task, even for the bravest of the brave.

Topic #48468 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Magnay suiting up? I believe be landed in Perth yesterday

Reply #847384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth still will finish first jack imo.

I can't see cats dropping this, even though nz seem to be a good match up. Cats by 9.

Reply #847388 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Perth have not worked out how to free Cotton from Abercrombie.

Reply #847392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth has the tiebreaker on the United and if they beat them yet they again on Thursday I suspect they will get the top spot . Having said that , the breakers are the team that matches up well with Perth so this will be another nail biter

Reply #847397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Points percentage no head to head for breakers

Reply #847400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Points percentage, not head to head tie breakers to determine top

Reply #847401 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Even better then since Wildcats hold a superior points percentage.

Reply #847404 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

By no means a gimme game today. It's well known how well NZ up against us.

Do we cut a starter who has made solid contributions all season for a guy who has only just rocked up and would at best have only an on-paper knowledge of our plays?
Trev indicated that if Magnay plays it might be for very limited minutes, but I don't think we can afford to do that with him today. If we bring him in he needs to slot into our proper rotation.

Reply #847406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone having dramas watch on SBS on demand?
Currently watching on twitch and the sounds all stuffed. Can't hear the commentators

Reply #847436 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Game threads really going gangbusters this weekend hey

Reply #847442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does just suiting up count as a game for Magnay? I thought you'd need to play minutes? Can't understand why Trev didn't throw him in for 30sec to register some game time

Reply #847448 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Suiting up is enough

Reply #847449 | Report this post

Bigdog  
Years ago

Breakers 22 fouls
Perth 11 fouls.

Trev not doing much whinging tonite.

Reply #847455 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Game threads really going gangbusters this weekend hey

Mum comes first.

Reply #847456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magney will need to really go hard in practice this week to get accumulated to the cats. He might only see limited minutes in the two games this week but then you will see a gradual increase in his role . Norton
Cotton
Blanchfield
Mooney
Magney

Lineu will be pretty good

Reply #847459 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

No Bairstow on the boxscore, was he released for Magnay?

Reply #847470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep. I believe Bairstow was originally the injury replacement for Majok, but now they've swapped him with Magnay.

Reply #847472 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Can't blame anyone, but what a bummer for Bairstow. Starter on a likely GF team to getting chopped.

Reply #847498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow did very well, it's a tough decision, there are worse than him in the competition. He should be entitled to a ring if Perth win it.

Reply #847499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow will get a ring if the 'cats win. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was offered a full roster spot next season. Gleeson loves him and he's been a great fit in the team.

Reply #847502 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Bairstow has been a 'good find' when you consider his body of work before being picked up by Perth.

Whilst he is a good defender, the offence dies every time he touches the ball outside of the occasional offensive rebound.

He would not be a starter quality player on most other teams as only Perth and United have the offence to cover for that deficiency.

Reply #847509 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Spot on LB. Played a perfect non-glamour role with Perth. Difficult to see him pick up a gig elsewhere given his skill set.

Reply #847520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson puts the pieces together, he is such a fine coach, it's the difference between him and all other coaches in the league, perhaps Goorj can also do it. I’m hoping Perth some how lose it but it’s respect where it’s due.

Reply #847521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754