Kriss
Years ago

Which NBA decade is your favourite?

So which decade would your fav be of NBA in general?

The Showtime 80's
Grind it 90's
Next Gen Superstars 00's
Too much too soon 10's
3pt addict 20's

I personally long for the 90's with the big man C's but the 00's were great to watch too

Topic #48479 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

As "my generation" the 90's and 00's were it for me, but would love to see a hot tub time machine matchup with the current teams and see the reactions.

Reply #847666 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not a defined decade, but if I had to pinpoint a favourite 10 year span, it would be from 2004-2014ish give or take.

The talent on display across the league was ridiculous - and getting home from school to watch any WC ESPN-televised game - as the time-zone aligned perfectly - was such a treat (because the WC was so stacked back then). There were so many good teams out of that WC during that late 00 period - Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Utah, Houston, Denver, Grizzlies and later the Lakers. Some incredible battles.

League probably peaked in 2007 in my opinion.

The fact that I was in HS for most of those years helped as well - the game always seemed so pure and exciting as a teen; now as an adult, the commercialization (+ all the things that you were too naïve to notice as a teen) are more conspicuous.

Reply #847681 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754