RobT
Years ago

Where are you, Brett Brown? Bullets need you!

Have heard/read nothing of Brett Brown's career since 76ers. Has he got a gig?

If not, reckon Brisbane could use him and, if he hasn't landed a gig by now, maybe he could use the Bullets, too.

Timing is sorta perfect for both parties.
For the Bullets, they need a HC and if the HC can be appointed soon, he can replace Lemanis straight after season's ends. He has the entire off-season to recruit and get his team ready for next year. Brown could come anytime.

For Brown, If he hasn't landed a gig yet, is he likely to do so soon? Would he rather have a gig in a "minor" league or do nothing til something came along in the bigger one? If he has some job security with the Bullets, he may be even able to wait for the right position, back in the big league. And, he would also be in the ideal position if he wants the Boomers' job (again), in the future.

Be good to have Brown back in Aust.

Topic #48480 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're kidding, right???

Reply #847656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude was on millions @ philly, no way he comes downunder

Reply #847658 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

BB's still living in Australia isn't he? And yeah he's still getting paid millions by the 76ers no way he's willing to coach in the NBL again for peanuts, he's set for life.

Reply #847660 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If you remembered his last stint in the NBL you wouldn't want him RobT.

Reply #847670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It should be Henare.

Reply #847672 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Pero Cameron?

Reply #847674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare is on good money in Japan. Funny that.

Reply #847677 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Love your enthusiasm Rob, but highly likely Brett is biding his time for the next suitable AC gig in the NBA.

Our best chance is that we can secure a respected G League coach.

Don't know of any suitable locals waiting in the wings, but would be interested to hear others throw names around.

Reply #847682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo

Reply #847692 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

If he wants to keep going, he'll easily pick up an assistant gig with another NBA team or major D1. However, after 33 years of coaching, he may decide to hang them up.

Reply #847705 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Agree with all above. Even the other candidates mentioned. My premis is that IF Brown is not otherwise engaged/occupied and IF he would rather do something rather than nothing, he may be an outside chance.

Bevo, Cameron, Hanare, all would be excellent but none were approached or accepted invitations to apply for the Tassie job. Does that say something?

Personally I would be thrilled if any one of those 3 get the HC for the Bullets but if Brown threw his hat in then any 1 of 4.

Reply #847725 | Report this post

TheDawg  
Years ago

Matt Neilsen

Reply #847728 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

CJ

Reply #847754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't see Nielsen coming back, if he does, surely he’d be at kings.

Reply #847757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No thanks to Pero, Henare, CJ or Bevo. I don't think you're putting yourself in the best recruiting position possible hiring any of those.

Reply #847761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henare is the best of a bad lot there. But he's in Japan and wont be returning in a hurry. Same as SD.

Reply #847797 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Nielsen, also a great suggest but only for Sydney!? and even SD is N/a. That leaves us with folk like Joey & Joyce or some-one new.

Who will be Brisbane's next Coach?

Reply #847800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The name John Rillie popped in to my head, but he seems to be really enjoying the US College system.

Reply #847805 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I can't help but think that with an American owner that he will put his connections to good use but are there any ex NBA coaches that others are going to come from miles to play for?

K-Mart has a big decision to make here, I think the biggest he has had to make since he became owner

Reply #847958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah yes, all of these American owners and their track record of using their contacts to get quality imports and coaches is sure to continue here.

Reply #847961 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754