Jack Toft
Years ago

Phoenix v Breakers May 12

The Phoenix have lurched from disaster to disaster recently, but have an exceptional opportunity to rise from the ashes and fly into 3rd spot. They have had the wood on the Breakers this season, who will certainly cherish the "participation award" ribbon when Jacinda pins it on their jersey and gives them all a bug hug and a bowl of warm chicken noodle soup when they get home. With a bit of luck Clarke might take them out fishing as a reward for their service.

But it's also a massive opportunity for New Zealand. They might not catch Adelaide, but with both teams on a hat trick of losses, it's a hat trick neither team wants, much like finding yourself missing an easy layout.

All the pressure is on the Phoenix to get this one, and while the Breakers are on a wonderful adventure, The SEM birds might look like Crebain to them and could swoop down and peck their eyes out. SEM by 12

Topic #48482 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's been a long season, breakers without Abercrombie should open the door for Phoenix. The Heal rumour re Goorj coaching SEM a few weeks back might have upset the SEM roll, it’s down to win at all costs now though.

SEM by 12.

Reply #847835 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Corey Webster is back, which helps with the loss of Abercrombie on the offensive end.

Maybe give Bach more time and move Tai to the 3.

Hope NZ win.

Reply #847845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal rumor?

Reply #847859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal mentioned it on a podcast, the basketball show, a week or two back. Seems like BS, SEM have hit the wall last month so who knows.

Reply #847863 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Even though the rumour is from Heal Goorj does own a home in Melbourne so moving back there makes sense.

Reply #847878 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

I'd be sticking with Mitchell personally. He’s a great coach, especially considering the dynamic he’s worked with this season - injuries to key personnel, Creeks situation, introducing key players on the run.

Beyond me why management at SEM would be looking at Brian considering the pastings the Hawks have taken from Mitchell this season. He owns them and Gorj.

Reply #847879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Somewhat superficial but Creek's literal black legs are ridiculous.

Reply #847884 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Can we just hire some professional refs from overseas to come officiate our league. This is a joke. 25 fouls called in 20 minutes. No clue about charging foul principles at all. I love the NBL but I think the refs in my over 35's league do a better job.

Reply #847887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs got money on different teams, what ever you can make up I can do better, ::::)))))

Reply #847888 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Mate nothing irks me more the game isn't about the refs bring the centre of attention totally ruins the flow of the game when they are calling these BS fouls.

Reply #847890 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

The Webster's brothers will just shoot you out of games.

Reply #847893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More people in the band than in the crowd! #Pathetic

Reply #847894 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Well that game played out how most would've expected.

Is Pineau officially not returning this season? What’s his ailment?

Reply #847895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phoenix looking slightly better, much needed win. Webster brothers do entertain, not certain enough team in their ability.

Reply #847896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is Pineau officially not returning this season? What's his ailment?"
No ticker? Why hasn't be deregistered?

Reply #847899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And only 17 in the 2nd 20. Maybe players need to learn to adjust rather than keep doing the same shit. It's pretty simple

Reply #847901 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Listening in to a few Shimir timeouts begs this question. WTF is he actually saying. In one last night literally only Galloway a DP was listening. He was trying to draw up a play and the players were all looking anywhere but at him while he bumbked and babble nonsense with the occasional insult.

Reply #847929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754