mball
Years ago

Wildcats vs United 13/5

No interest in this game?

I think it will be a cracker. Wildcats to win.

Topic #48489 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Toft slipping

Reply #847951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been waiting all day for Jack, probably didn't realise it’s a double header.

Winner will probably gets the home court advantage in GF series. What a choice, two sides that are not that likeable but just better organisations from top to bottom than all others.

Perth by 3.

Reply #847955 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

My NBL tv doesn't show the first qtr. - Starts at qtr. time.
I will watch this when my nbl tv starts at qtr. time at 9.30,
although, that's nearly time for my tablet.

Reply #847957 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What happens when you live half an hour behind the important states?

Reply #847960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens when you live 90 minutes ahead of the most important state?

Reply #847962 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Not a thing, soz

:)

Reply #847964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. That's why we're propping you up for another ten years.

Reply #847966 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LK propping up the league

Reply #847967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magnay going to get some run this game?

Reply #847977 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

According to reports Magnay is playing restricted mins.

Reply #847981 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

yeah sorry..... computer froze when I was trying to upload so lost in Cyberspace

It'll have to wait for the GF. Pussycats v Soy Boys at the home of the floppycats, where home baking rivals Masterchef....

Reply #847993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In case of emergency, break glass and bring Wagstaff on.

Reply #847997 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Can both teams lose and we hand Jack Toft the win?

Reply #847998 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Mooney steals it on the defensive end and lays it up on the other like a guard. ♡

Reply #847999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jockdale is a blouse

Reply #848000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JLA plays well against teams that don't play D, against teams that play D, he’s average at best.

Reply #848001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pels really screwed Magnays frame, he's chest is way bigger than at brisbane.
Cut his weight back down, get him into a mobile 4 man again.

Reply #848002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down, it's his first game in about a month or more.

Reply #848003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pels said they wanted him to get stronger as a 5, others wanted him as a 4.
He made the wrong decision.

Reply #848004 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Barlow is automatic from the perimeter such a quick release

Reply #848005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His upper body hasn't grown so much that he's lost all athleticism. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Reply #848006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game, United having a good gig, I'm afraid I think it’ll be same at end, Perth.

Reply #848007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

006, you are the one with no idea.

Reply #848008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the refs need replacing

Reply #848009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde achieved something this season, he's got the refs being neutral in Perth.

Reply #848010 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Are these refs seeing the same game we are seeing

Reply #848011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the other posts about Magnay
He's definitely carrying more weight and because of its he’s moving slower. Acknowledge it’s his first game back but he really needs to trim back down to be at his best. His strength is his athleticism

Reply #848013 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Where is cory shervill? Gotta be more reliable than Steindl right now.

Reply #848014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you guys think Magnay is the first ever guy to add size to his frame or something, and that his trainers in the NBA didn't know what would happen with weight training? Ffs!

Reply #848015 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Perth getting slaughtered from 3 point range.

Reply #848016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baba's gotta be first team all defense this year.

Reply #848017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the nba screw up many bodies, Aus have more elite conditioning trainers than nba.

Reply #848018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Killed magnays ability to get up and run the floor with 10kgs+ added

Reply #848019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The resident 'Magnay is far too heavy' troll sure is persistent

Reply #848020 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Give up 15 3's & expect to win you’re kidding yourselves. Poor defense on the outside cost Perth the game.

Reply #848021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big choke at home

Reply #848022 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Vaughan Melbourne's best player, perth had no answer for his incompetence.

Reply #848023 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

United got hot early from 3 and shot a good % overall. Their defence was good also. Stats are pretty even throughout and it looks like the cats got beat by good 3 point shooting.
I feel that Cats settled for 3's too often when dribble penetration was working for them. I like seeing BC work off the ball to get his shots more often. Vinnie had a shocker too. Clint needs to get to Bendat Basketball Centre and shoot 1000 3 pointers until his stroke comes back.
Good to see Travers play well in the last 5 mins. Lets hope he continues to improve and we can see more of it.

Reply #848024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bryce trying to emulate what Casper did in the finals last year except Bryce trying to make the drought last 2 months

Reply #848025 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Pretty comfortable victory for United. Perth couldn't hit their shots and everything united put up went in. So many weapons!!

Reply #848026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TB always an excuse. You got beaten by a better team on the night

Reply #848027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import
Cotton
Blanchfield
Magnay
Mooney

Norton
Buluk
Travers
Wagstaff
Majok

Shervill
Okwera

DP
Antonio
Ferguson

Cut
White
Britt
Steindl
Bairstow
Jervis

Reply #848028 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Cotton got himself a lot of good looks but hes not hitting them consistently at the moment. Could have been a different result if a few of them went in. Credit to MU though their defense was solid made him work hard for everything.

Reply #848029 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Yup, they shot the lights out and beat us, but Vaughan had the worst game I have seen from a ref in a long time.

Reply #848030 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yep i wonder how many calls are made based on reputation rather than what they see

Reply #848031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Foul count

Perth 19
Melbourne 20

Free throws
Perth 20
Melbourne 20

Refs played no role. Melbourne just shit the ball better. Most other stats are relatively the same

Reply #848032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TB and other than being a one eyed Perth fan your credentials are? You lost. Suck it up princess

Reply #848033 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Haha, love it when people just look at a box score and say it was reffed well. Look at the charge call on Wagstaff on the baseline when macaron came from the free throw line, the Goulding ghost foul on the 3, the missed double dribble and the crazy amount of missed over the back fouls.

Reply #848034 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Just like anons who can come on here and talk shit, I can say my piece as well.just my opinion but feel free to go back to your life if you don't want to read

Reply #848035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now open the other eye and mention the calls that didn't get called against Perth? It’s not a one way street. I’m glad you’re taking the loss so well.

Reply #848036 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Did I hear correct that the Cats have 5 games in 11 days?
That's some.....interesting scheduling there.

Reply #848037 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

I'm happy to hear the examples you have. I'm taking a regular season loss pretty well actually and looking forward to a 5 game series against them, thanks for checking in. I just like having a vent with fellow basketball fans.

Reply #848038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, we all know TB, because he's TB, you are as anonymous as the rest of us. To my surprise, United won. Mayberry was certainly a loss to Perth tonight.
It was a good game and now at least we should get a good grand final series.

Reply #848039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Without home court advantage. Such a shame.

Reply #848040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mayberry lives in Brisbane. I hope he has Saturday's game too.

Reply #848041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are no certainty to get past the semis if they keep playing poor d and cotton keeps chucking bricks from outside

Reply #848042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne shot incredibly well and played a great game tonight. The refs really were complete trash. Some of the calls, non calls, inconsistencies tonight were shocking. It kept killing momentum everyone Perth tried to comeback and take a lead.

Tonight was another interesting chapter in the Cats/United rivalry this season though, hopefully this is what we see as the grand final match up.

Reply #848043 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

United shot extremely well which isn't the norm. Nothing to really worry about as it's just another non-playoff game in an extremely long regular season.

Reply #848044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MEL shot 1% better than PER
ooooooh there's no way they could ever do that again!!

Reply #848047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats gave up 15 3's. That's the ball game right there.

Reply #848051 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great shooting by United.

Always good to win in Perth, although disappointing how easily Mooney was getting looks at times. Made Landale look like a traffic cone on a couple of occasions.

I think United is now 11-1 while missing one or none, with the average winning margin in double figures.

With Magnay finding his feet and SEM hopefully finally having most of their team on the floor, these playoffs should be great.

Reply #848052 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

When the united machine is humming like last night and everyone plays their role they look like they barely need to break a sweat. They have so many guys that can score that if one or two are having a bad night others can step up. Perth didn't play their best but effort wise they threw everything at them and united kept them at bay with quality shooting and solid defense. Whats most impressive is on a few occasions perth gained some momentum and got the game on their terms but united kept their composure and still kept knocking down their shots. It should be a classic GF series if these two teams meet. I dont think it would bother perth too much not having HCA. United would have been disadvantaged more if perth had HCA. Game on

Reply #848062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron was great again, clearly better than Norton. Mooney what a player, clearly better than Landale. Very good and composed win by United.

Can Goulding deliver that performance continuously in a five game series?

Reply #848063 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Perth will take some comfort that they still scored 91 points.
Lock down those open 3s and it will go the other way, just like a week ago.
Can we just fast forward to the GF series between these two? Should be a cracker.

Reply #848064 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

I don't think Melbourne's D is being talked up enough, they were superb last night.

Also, Steindel looks cooked as an NBL player. If not hitting his shot, he doesn't contribute much and at the moment he couldn't hit a cow in the ar$e with a handful of gravel.

Reply #848066 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yeah steindl is pretty much useless this season i have more confidence in K White taking the shot. Corey shervill played some good minutes in the first half of the year but trev seems to have lost the faith in him.

Perhaps hes giving Steindl as much chance as possible to rediscover his shot by the playoffs. He is an x factor for them and if he can start hitting the 3 again it makes them so much more dangerous offensively.

Reply #848078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale is a disgrace. He would've known the camera was live to air when he said, "get that f’n camera out of my face." All cameras in a multi-cam broadcast setup have red tally lights to indicate that camera is live on air. He’s come down in my opinion since most of us first heard of him at the World Cup. He says everything with an air of arrogance/cockiness. Play an NBA game, then may you can show the arrogance he displays on and off court

Reply #848085 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I think you see lots of tall bball players with a little bit of a chip on their shoulder, a little bit of attitude problem, a tad tone deaf. A bit opinionated.

Maybe this comes from being "different" to everyone else, freakishly tall and always off hooping

I don't think it's a surprise that the two biggest Aus ballers currently controversial or known for making ill advised comments are Bogut and Cambage.

Anstey was like this to an extent also.

Nice people all of them, they're just individuals who I reckon psychological analysis would probably explain their personality traits

Reply #848087 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I mean on one hand most professional ballers are extremely tall, but when you get to that freaky tall level, it's another league

Reply #848088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's probably a nice person outside of basketball. But he needs to set a better example with his behaviour. Cameras are a part of being a professional sportsperson and the high wage he’s paid. He should be immune to cameras by now. He had them in college as well, they’re not foreign to him

Reply #848090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a load of crap.

Reply #848091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#091 can join the arrogant club with Landale

Reply #848092 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Landale seems to be taking up the Bogut mantle of being a bit if a dick. He seemed much more humble during the world champs.

Reply #848095 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Landale really screwed up with his prediction that United would go undefeated this season. Aside from being no possibility of happening it was a backhanded shot at the quality of the players in the NBL and extremely arrogant to say when he had never played a game in the league at that point.

He's in his mid-20's so he can't really blame it on being young and silly and he always plays with a pissed off scowl on his face like he thinks he's all that so it's difficult to like the guy.

Reply #848098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's not the best 5 in the competition, it’s probably annoying him. He certainly comes over with arrogance.

Reply #848101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was 091 and I was responding to LV. Being tall is not a valid reason for any of the things he said.

Reply #848102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair enough #091, maybe should've said LV’s name in your post

Reply #848104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We posted at pretty much the same time.

Reply #848105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair enough, glad we worked it out civilly

Reply #848106 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

You are misunderstanding my point if you think I'm suggesting "being tall= being a dick", have a re read

Reply #848108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a stupid point LV, I know lot very tall people and they certainly don't have arrogance.

Reply #848110 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I didn't say anything about arrogance, I suggested they're more likely to have a chip on their shoulder, be a bit opinionated of a bit tone deaf than your average 6'5 shooting guard.

Extreme height combined with forced social exclusion due to sport may be one factor that lends itself towards social development that would make those traits more likely.

Reply #848113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or he could just be a dickhead?

Reply #848131 | Report this post

Hk  
Years ago

Landale's prediction made him look like an idiot. Especially considering this guy had never played in the NBL before. Imagine an import coming I. Saying the same thing?? He would be crusified. Come finals time Cotton be cooking... I hope! United the only team I’m not sure about beating as a Wildcats fan but I’m pretty sure MU fans thinking the same thing about the wildcats. Magnay needs to have impact and Bryce needs to find his stroke. If that happens MU will find it hard to win. They did play well though…

Reply #848135 | Report this post

Hk  
Years ago

Yeah not a good look either Landale with the cameras on you. Wouldn't want my kid to be a Landale fan. I’m really not sure he is going to get much of a shot in the NBA. He Shiite the ball well enough but his defence is a little more suspect than I had envisioned. Mobile centres seem to get past him fairly easily so might get found out at the next level. Good luck to him but portrayed himself badly during the game:

Reply #848136 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What's with people getting so riled up about Landale?

Because he said some exaggerated self confidence nonsense - the type of stuff Corey Williams would say on the daily?

Or when every team enter into the season believing they can go the whole way even if it’s unrealistic?

The only reason it’s talked about is because the goons we call Perth Wildcats fans get precious about everything from Landale, LK to refs, that they need to be protected with bubble wrap!

Easily the most offended fan base in the NBL

Reply #848137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're the most easily offended person on this site because every time a Perth fan makes a point about anything you immediately counter it with "pfft typical Perf fans"

If a Perth player did the things Landale has donein recent months, you'd be the first one whingeing about it.

Reply #848147 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:38 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754