Anonymous
Years ago

NBL1 West - May

Don't think this thread started..

Topic #48511 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soooo a coach of the month is announced after some teams have played two games.

What is that about

Reply #848556 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's about the fact that the season has been going for a month, I would assume.

Reply #848557 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Is anyone else having trouble getting the streams to play decently in a Web browser? They look like they're running at 15fps, and the video occasionally goes into slow motion then speeds up to catch up with the audio. Looks awful.

Seems to play fine in the NBL app, but that means having a tiny screen.

Reply #848708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some clubs need to iron out the kinks.

Reply #848709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are more than a quarter through the season, early men's and women’s awards for..

MVP
MIP
DPOTY
COTY
CHAMPIONS

Reply #848710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We are more than a quarter through the season, early men's and women’s awards for..

MVP
MIP
DPOTY
COTY
CHAMPIONS

Reply #848711 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Some clubs need to iron out the kinks.
It has nothing to do with the clubs.

Reply #848712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Havent had any issues with the streams. In most cases they are better quality than regular NBL game streams.

Reply #848719 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I watch the NBL on TV, so I can't comment on the comparison, but my issue isn't the picture quality so much as the choppiness of the motion.

I also wish there was an easier way to get the games on my TV than the old laptop-and-HDMI-cable method. Weren't games on YouTube in the first NBL1 season? I have a YouTube app on my TV, that would've been trivial. Even a Cast button on the NBL app would be an improvement.

Reply #848724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its 2021. who doesnt chromecast?

Reply #848725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can chromecast from the nbl app for all nbl1 games. Doesn't pop up as the normal chromecast logo, but the tv icon next to the timeline. Both options then come up on device , chromecast or Apple etc

Reply #848726 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The only icons I have are the settings cog in the top right to adjust the quality, and the fullscreen toggle on the bottom right. That and playback controls.

Reply #848728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely has chromecast capabilities!

Reply #848729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a screen icon at all near the playback similar to the appleTV icon?

Reply #848730 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #848735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All out of ideas

Reply #848744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phew, I thought for a minute someone was going to help Kobe on this forum, but normal service resumes!

Reply #848758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any thoughts/ previews for round 6?

Reply #849226 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

I did one for the women which is up then i did one for the men but it hasnt been put up. There were a bunch of spam posts at the time, but im not doing it again...

Reply #849230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Red74, oh, i see, Red. Give your predictions for this round without preview?

Reply #849236 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Slammers v Eagles
Eagles by 15.

Magic v Senators
Magic by 3.

Cougars v Tigers
Cougs by 8.

Flames v Redbacks
Flames by 6.

Suns v Hawks
Hawks by 20.

Buccs v Lightning
Lightning by 18.

Giants v Wolves
Wolves by 7.

Reply #849237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I must say I've never really thought much about R@ndom's previews but he may have found his calling with the play by play commentary. Tuned in to the Flames Redbacks game last night and thought his call, particularly not being overly biased towards his club, and just general insight was very good. Even more enjoyable was how good he and Whopper (No idea who the guy is but seemed fairly knowledgeable) worked off each other. Maybe he isn't just an arrogant coach after all!

Reply #849361 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Only caught snippets, but it seemed overly radio-style to me? Barely took a breath, describing every single little bit of action, etc. Might just be the sample I heard, though.

The on-screen clock at the end of the Slammers game didn't start on the final play until after the buzzer had sounded. The way the on-screen clocks work at the moment renders them almost entirely useless, they're only a vague guide at best. Last year the West streams just had a camera pointing at the clock and superimposed that, which might not look quite as good but is far more useful.

Reply #849366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perry lakes women with 1 won and likely losing another this weekend against Wolves. Wtf is going on there?

Reply #849374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goldfields Giants absolutely dismantled Joondalup Wolves on Saturday night down at Niels Hansen
Incredible shooting display in the 3rd quarter

Reply #849557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joondalup pitiful against eagles tonight

Can Nix coach without studs? Or does he require that big chequebook to look good?

Reply #850288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rhetorical question?

Reply #850295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754