Anonymous
Years ago

Next Sydney head coach

Who does everyone think it should be?

I think Shane Heal deserves the job. Tactically astute and great charisma. Fan favourite. Ticks all the boxes.

Topic #48512 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol. I'd say nba asst ant or another overseas guy or girl.

Reply #848555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Henry Conner will be available ;)

Reply #848559 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

From the posts here on Hoops.com, seems that there may be quite a few HC's available. And in spite of those who have been considered and overlooked, we have Conner, Shamir, Forde, Mitchell and Kelly as HC's. None of Bevo, Hanare, Brown, Nielsen, Joey who are the most heavily backed/suggested candidates.

The gong changed the trend with Goorj.

I still fancy Brown's a chance back in Aust if he doesn't land a gig in the US soon, and Sydney is a mark he just might want (until something better etc..).

And already, some are suggesting Goorjian for Sydney. Makes a lot of sense had he not sprouted the fabulous opportunity, with long-time friends who respect each-other yadda yadda at the Gong! Would damage his loyalty/credibility a little. Is he practising for a future political career after he wins GOLD at the won't-go-ahead Olympics?

Reply #848560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd argue forde is better than browne.

Reply #848561 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

Forde ain't avail for this one. We can add him to the Brisbane or any future lists.

Fair comment re Forde/Brown but even though he had his detractors from his previous King's term, remember that he has been a very highly respected HC in the NBA for a long time. That doesn't automatically PROVE anything but it's a FAIR INDICATION that he isn't so bad that you wouldn't want him, if avail.
(Sorry for the caps, only way I can emphasise with no italics etc.)

Further bonus is that we would have a viable, future alternative to Goorj as Boomers HC, if required.

Biggest hit against Brown atm, is that he seems to have lost favour with the NBA. No-one there wants him?????

Reply #848564 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

CJ got Brisbane.

Reply #848565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ford can't coach don’t see him making any club better from a head coaching position

Reply #848585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ford can't coach don’t see him making any club better from a head coaching position

Reply #848586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was doing pretty good with the Kings until the got slammed with injuries.

Reply #848589 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

He can't coach? The bloke has how many titles?

Reply #848599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde has no titles as a head coach, while saying he can't coach is a bit harsh, he clearly made some poor to bad calls during the season. His subbing and game time of players was average and while popular at the time the bag Gleeson, Perth was cringe worthy.

Reply #848607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is a rookie coach suppose to win titles?

Reply #848619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When will Perth announce the next loss of another Asst Coach? B4 the finals or after?

Reply #848620 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

it's gotta be Dean domopolous!! or more than likely lisch

Reply #848625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch? You can't be serious. If so bring back Andrew Gaze!

Reply #848634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ becoming Brisbane's will not happen.

Reply #848637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lisch will be a great coach some day, it's probably a fair way off at present.

Surely Sydney will have to announce it before seasons end to try and keep players the new coach wants to keep. They have most of the team out contract and you would think some would be very valuable to other clubs.

Reply #848638 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Aaron Fearne
Joey Wright
Rob Beveridge
Andrew Gaze
Gordie McLeod
Marty Clarke
Paul Henare
Chris Anstey
Matt Flinn
Shane Heal
Kevin Braswell
Damian Cotter
Darryl McDonald
Ian Robilliard
Will Weaver

Above a list of ex-NBL headcoaches of the last 10 years. Any names we think should / would / might be looked at?

I doubt Heal would now turn his back on his WNBL gig / opportunity to coach his daughter.

A couple of names in there with poor records...

Reply #848640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would you add Will Weaver to the discussion?

Reply #848642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man posting names from a 10 year old list is pointless. If Forde was the best selection last time what has changed? Once again a "proven" Championship winning" Asst Coach fails.

Reply #848643 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Reading Boti's blog, he suggests Bevo was set to become the HC until new management came in and shifted direction to WW last season.

I would be happy to see Bevo in the league again.

Otherwise Joey Wright.

Reply #848644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again a "proven" Championship winning" Asst Coach fails.

How has he failed? He's got the Kings middle of the pack with a shocking run of injuries, and then he's been mercilessly sacked. People are sucking Goorjs nuts for what he's done with a talented roster yet somehow Forde is a failure?

Reply #848645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's made some blunders in winning positions, yes he has had injuries, all sides have. The kings should be sitting in finals now comfortably but between Ware under coaches instruction more than likely blew winning positions. Gleeson in his time out called it a while back, Ware will try and win this on his own, we can see how that resulted. For a first year coach he’s been ok, in saying that Sydney is a hard gig, he is missing his family and I’d say what has been said by both parties is probably the truth.

Reply #848649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So he's gone from being a failure to having done OK. Nice to see some sensible and balanced opinions on here.

Reply #848654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marty Clarke, lmfao!!!!

Reply #848657 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

and then he's been mercilessly sacked.

Has he been sacked?

I read that his contract will not be renewed, so its a contract fulfilled by both sides and not being extended.

Reply #848658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you really believe they have mutually decided to part ways, and not that the Kings have got a higher profile coach lined up?

Reply #848661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe they mutually agreed to part ways, Forde clearly said he wants to change rolls and get home.

Reply #848663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So that must be the reason then!!!

Reply #848666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly few people here never worked a stressful involved job while living in other side of country and missing out on newborn kids milestones..

Reply #848669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most punters on here no everything , done everything, it's good though.

Reply #848671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And done nothing. Still sitting on their couches. Good luck to Forde. New baby mate. Go home. Regroup and return and stick it up the nutters here.

Reply #848679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're all missing the point. I am sure Forde wants to be closer to his family and I'm not criticising him for that. I am saying I don't believe the decision was "mutual" and I have no doubt Sydney pulled the trigger because they have another high profile coach lined up already.

Are people still buying into the bullshit Sydney press releases from Smith and co?

Reply #848683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kings chairman Paul Smith thanked Forde for his time in Sydney.

"We have had open and honest dialogue over the past couple of months and believe this is the best direction for Adam and our club," said Smith. "The last two seasons have seen the club deal with several coaching rotations, and a key element in our future planning requires a more stable coaching structure.

"We are heading into a shortened off-season, so this decision has been made now to allow Adam the best opportunity to secure another head coaching role. The timing will also allow the Kings to be active in the market for the recruitment of our next head coach"

Yep, totally mutual...

Reply #848687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep you heard it here first, Gleeson to Sydney, Forde to Perth.

Reply #848690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde to Perth to take up his old position of 1st Assistant seeing someone might be leaving?

Reply #848699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson to overseas, forde to Perth, Nielsen to Sydney guess

Reply #848700 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

"Are people still buying into the bullshit Sydney press releases from Smith and co? "

I mean, there's also what Forde himself said after the last game in the presser. Possible there's more to it than that, but *shrug* I'm inclined to believe otherwise unless something concrete comes out.

Reply #848701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Flynn turn down Tassie because he knew this job was becoming available. Strong rumours he's the front runner.

Reply #848703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Flynn, lmao.

Reply #848704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Flynn, lmao.

Reply #848705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flynn was not on the short list in Tassie.

Reply #848718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith has talked a lot about more women in big roles.
Brondellos contract up, finish in September. Wants to prepare for Sydney home wc with opals also in 2022.
Maybe...

Reply #848894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If smith genuinely was about women in big roles. He wouldn't have replaced a females head coach of the flames with a misogynist.

Believe their actions not their words.

Reply #848896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did buy the flames...

Reply #848897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes and promptly put a man in charge

Reply #848898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He may not actually believe in women but at least he is savvy enough to understand the value of PR for his business if he creates the appearance of supporting women.

Reply #848911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could Sydney get heal, Froling without Shane..
Answer no.
Moving on Maley and Scherf , a good idea? No.
Picking up rowe and Pizzey a good choice? No.
Retaining mansfield n nakkasoglu? Probably ok

The 2 imports coming in must be very good.

Atm it's..
Heal/Mansfield
Local/Nakkasoglu
Import/rowe
Froling/pizzey
Import/?

Reply #848913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season s5

Mansfield
Belger
Maley
Burton
Scherf

Reply #848914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we please get back on topic. If toy want to discuss the Flames do it but not in here. Thanks

Reply #848986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Smith was savvy he wouldn't have committed the worst PR blunder in NBL history during last year's Indigenous Round.

Reply #848987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's no Ross mcmains:::))))))

Reply #848989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe someone knows what that means but FFS get back on topic or LOCK IT DOWN OSCAR!

Reply #849020 | Report this post

Chillbaby  
Years ago

IMO its got to be Bevo - if he's willing to forgive and forget. No better coach available

Reply #849025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Smith leans on Bogut at all for this decision he would be sprinkling Bevo's case.

Reply #849029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo is on the outer afaik.

Reply #849030 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

At 5:10 left on the clock (1st q), Goorjian's look is Why isn't this guy (DJ) in my Boomers' squad?

Reply #849124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We all know why he isn't. Soft cock.

Reply #849159 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Lay off the alcohol anon

Reply #849162 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:24 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754