Jack Toft
Years ago

Breakers v Kings May 20

Drum roll please.... we have an NBL game back in New Zealand!

The boys have been on the road for months and months and now they host the Kings who have lobbed across the ditch to face the Breakers fans. They have six months of barracking to catch up on so I'm looking for a solid turnout of noisy fans. We have the bubble in place, so can the Kings burst the bubble with a needle, or will they steam up under the pressure of the Breakers?

The Breakers have done well, they surely have been the Kings of their own domain, and tonight they are the Masters of their Destiny. They can't make finals, but they can remind us all how hard it is to win in Australia's 7th state.

Kings are now in 4th, Hawks, then Bullets. What will the table be like at the end of the round?

Surely there has to be a fairy tale come true for the boys with the pink trim. Tom Abercrombie to ace a fade away 3 as the siren sounds. Breakers by 2.

Topic #48521 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie out for the season I believe.
Levi Randolph has recovered from his own Hamstring Injury and will be playing tonight.

Reply #848899 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

Are there crowd restrictions in NZ? Or full capacity?

Reply #848908 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

No crowd restrictions in NZ.

Reply #848910 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pretty cool the Breakers are playing these last 7 home games at 7 different venues all around NZ. According to the NBL website this will be on SBS Viceland at 5:30pm EST but the TV guide says Overtime will be on at the same time.

Reply #848916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nz been waiting a long time for this, relaxed now, sleeping in their own beds, I can see this turning out to well. Martin, Santamaria raves about will have Delaney to contend with and I cannot see this ending well for Sydney. Kings have done well but the dream ends tonight.

NZ by 10 plus.

Reply #848917 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think there were issues with Spark Arena in Auckland being already booked out by the time the trans Tasman bubble was announced so rather than just moving them all to another venue in Auckland they shared the love around with the smaller centres.

Reply #848966 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

According to the NBL website this will be on SBS Viceland at 5:30pm EST but the TV guide says Overtime will be on at the same time.
It's on ESPN.

Reply #848971 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Looks like we got Rockwiz here on viceland instead of this game...

Reply #848990 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Because IT'S ON ESPN.

Reply #848991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings defence at present woeful, Cooks got 7 but Martin and him like sieves.

Reply #848992 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Looks like we got Rockwiz here on viceland instead of this game...

A bit poor by the NBL but I suspected it was a mistake as I had checked the TV guide a couple of times this week and Overtime was listed instead.

Reply #848993 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I've really missed these Kiwi commentators.

Reply #848994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kiwi commentary is fantastic, no Moller no D for kings.

Reply #848995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great crowd

Reply #848996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings are bad, to much hero ball. NZ are a finals team quality.

Reply #848997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delaney making Martin and Cooks look like nbl1 players. No reaction from kings coaching staff.

Reply #848999 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm old enough to remember when the Kings were good.

Reply #849000 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Delaney's Mrs deserves a bonus from Matt Walsh

Reply #849001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings can't blame not having Cooks now, woeful performance, starting with the coaches. The bench have actually looked better.

Reply #849002 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great game so far, Sydney right back in it

Reply #849005 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Really exciting game - NZ commentators seem to make the games really exciting with their calling.

Don't know why Moller turned down that 3 and opted for the corner pass!

Reply #849006 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Great win in front of their fans for NZ.
Finn Delaney is playing superbly at both ends of the floor.

Reply #849007 | Report this post

Kb_24  
Years ago

Sydney kings coach call his last time out not on their position...no wonder your gone next season..

Reply #849008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings can't make finals now, got extremely hard finish, to much iso ball and defensively can be woeful.

Delaney kicked arse, and breakers just followed his lead. Iverson was good, Randolph is very good at both ends. The have a very well balanced side now and if they can keep it should be fine next season.

Martin can score but defensively average, Cooks got points and will need time to get his feel back so it’s a bit forgivable to him. Moller should have gone to the rack late, he’s to unselfish. Hunter imo should have got more time, Casper, to many turn overs.

Can the nbl follow the nz two man commentary, it’s far superior and they call the game, don’t rattle on about old days or talk up there mates.

Reply #849010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TFG Forde is leaving. Since the Kings have "returned" they have delivered only misery and mediocrity. This from a 30+ year loyal Kings fan.

Reply #849021 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Sydney kings coach call his last time out not on their position...no wonder your gone next season.
What?

Reply #849022 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I mean, sure, I'd prefer to have won a bunch of titles by now, but there are more than a couple of other teams in the comp the past 3-5 years that would be happy to have had what success the Kings have had in that time. There have been a lot of mistakes, from coach selections, roster decisions (imports also), but things have mostly trended the other way for the past few seasons. Injuries have sunk this year's team, but with a healthy squad we are a top 3-4 side, and Forde IMO has been mostly solid. Ware has stepped up from last season and for the most part played more in control, attacked the basket more and less contested 3s. Martin has been mostly good offensively, mostly poor/average defensively. Hunter has been a revelation and we should be doing everything to hold onto him. Moller is hitting 3s, Cooks has shown some flashes, DJ great... there's lots to like, and no real need to hit the reset button with Forde leaving. Kickert/Newls most likely to retire, replace them, take a hard look at the imports - I'm OK with keeping Ware for the right price - and try to re-sign the core. We're not far off the pace.

Reply #849061 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Before this season I thought they were mad giving Jordan Hunter a 3 year deal but he's shown this season why he's been quite impressive. Still needs to mature mentally but I've never seen a guy almost 7 foot tall move as well as he does, he has the agility of a 6'6" guy.

Reply #849084 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

There are way too many people on here who think that a championship is the only acceptable result for any team. Eight teams miss out every year, they can't all be complete failures.

Reply #849086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller shot the three at 40%, the kings look much better when the ball goes through his hands. Now with Cooks, Martin, Vadonovic and Moller all really better in the four spot, it's a very unbalanced roster.

Reply #849090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754