Aussie
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets new ownership group

Additional people have joined the Bullets ownership group.

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts on this?

http://bit.ly/170521Ownership

Topic #48527 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking all good for Brisbane in the future. The more money invested the better.

Reply #849039 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Great gets, although they're all based in the tank, they’re still great additions.

Reply #849041 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's interesting but my question is, what interest does these people have in an NBL team and what direction might they take it in? A lot of hollywood movie makers in that group and you have to wonder what their vision is exactly. Can't be a bad thing, of course. Just curious.

Reply #849044 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Such an unexpected group of people

Reply #849048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe they all have the same financial adviser?

Reply #849054 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

That sounds great but I really don't know why! I get that pro sport is entertainment-1st, but get Magic or MJ on the board and now I'm whooping and hollering.

This news is definitely deserving of polite hand-clapping and I clap my hands tp the Bullets org.

[I had better get a face-lift, practice my smile and start attending games. See if I can on the big screen.]

Reply #849059 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What do these types of "new owners" or “new investors” mean? Is there a whole lot of new capital invested? Is it more “advisory” type stuff?

It would be great if there were lots of additions where they are willing to spend to grow - Sydney/Melbourne style but I'm not sure that’s the case with these types of additions.

I still view there being an element of risk that Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns could fall over financially. I don’t believe the rest of the clubs have as much of a risk of that.

Reply #849064 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Froling and Patterson will have a role in the next Space Jam as Monstar Blanko and Pound respectively.

Reply #849067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that why Lemanis is gone. Not Hollywood enough.

Reply #849071 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Great news for the NBL

Reply #849082 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

There is another aspect to these new, additional owners. Assuming that they are in this for profit, commercial reasons, there is (apparently) no money in the NBL. With so many owners to share the minus profits, there seems to be very little reason to participate.

How many owners are there of the Brisbane Bullets?

Reply #849104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All well and good to tout new 'investors' but this doesn’t change that the Bullets are still being managed as a basket case and the game night experience is unimaginative and and bland.

Reply #849105 | Report this post

Ant Man  
Years ago

This was the team that LK managed to get $10mill for? When the asking price was $5mill.

Reply #849108 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

At what point should LK remove himself as part owner of the Bullets?

I think he has done a brilliant job but I'd like him to excuse himself from this organisation as I think K-Mart well and truly has this!

Reply #849756 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

When someone wants to buy his shares.

You can't just stop owning a business. That's not how it works.

Reply #849757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754