Anonymous
Years ago

Australian U/19 back-to-back World Champs??

Will the austrlian under 19s repeat their performance from 2003? Its a big ask backing up Bogut, Bruce, Martin, Marcovic etc... but with rising young stars coming from the tute with young SA Point Guard Shannon Sebohm...What you think?

Topic #4861 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Who in the current age group is 7ft with guard-like abilities? Bogut DOMINATED EVERY GAME that the Aussies played in, even when they lost - look up the stats and the boxes.

It's an 88-89 age group right?

Reply #55946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh its the 88/89 age group.they have 5 guys already at the tute and bringing in 6 guys that start in december

Reply #55950 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

Unfortunately there are no Boguts there or on the horizon...a bit like Jackson in the women, a once in a generation....

Reply #55959 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

No Markovic or Robbins either.....playing NBL at 17 or starting for your local association ABL side at 16.

Reply #55961 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Libertine - Where is Brad Robbins this yr ?

Reply #55965 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Haven't found anything on Brad Robbins, except that he is not on list of players on nbl website (But Rupert is???). But while looking I found this web page on Aussies playing Overseas. Huge numbers of guys at US Colleges, although I'm not sure how up to date all the details are, such as Danny Phillips in Germany and Ryan Meakin in US, Heal in Greece etc.
http://www.australiabasket.com/ausabr.asp

Reply #55979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Unfortunately there are no Boguts there or on the horizon"

no bogut but there is his cousin jadranko jusufagic about 208cm
daniel johnson 211cm
allsop 210cm
ogilvy 208cm

great future players
pat mills 181
ben louis 194
ben smith 202

Reply #56030 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

JJ might be a cousin but he is not a Bogut...the thread is/was about the next U19 worlds in 2007 and Oz going back to back...there is noone who currently laces up Bball shoes here who will impact as Bogut did and get us close to that chance...

Reply #56078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daniel Johnson would be the closest.

He is a 3 man that is getting near 7 Foot tall. Can handle and shoot. Is still a little lazy, but so was Bogut as a 16 year old. Johnson has had to go through some difficult things in basketball like Bogut did. And hopefully it has had the same effect on the kid.

Bogut didn't become a good player becasue of ability. He became a great player because of a great level of intensity, the result of getting cut from the U/18 Vic Metro team.

The group coming i now are very big and hve some good kids. They will need to develop quickly like the last group did through the tournaments and AIS program.

Reply #56086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah i think your wrong there about daniel johnson. Clearly Andrew Ogilvy is the closet to Bogut! They even have the same first name. After a year at the tute... HE'S A MONSTER! Gotta love AJ's game..

Reply #56264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well personly i think they are missing a true point guard, if only brenden joyce's son daniel was a year younger, he would surley dominate and lead the aussie to gold!!!

Reply #56268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think cocksucking section for andrew bogut is on another thread, pat mills, andrew oglivy, Tyson demos, Ross Allsop, Daniel Jackson, Daniel Johnson, Ben Louis, Shannon Seebohm, Chris Cedar and Ben Dowdell are a perfectl good and cable team that wont have to rely on abogut to get the job done!

Reply #56422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pat Mills and AJ are definately the standouts for the squad at the moment, i think a year at the tute has helped a lot, and after a year and a half at the tute for the rest of the boys i'm sure Australia will be in great shape for Worlds.
Oh and that comment on daniel joyce is the biggest load of crap i've heard in a while, if he was a year younger he still would not even make ais or the australian team, let alone dominate.

Reply #69488 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:25 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754