D2.0
Years ago

Trev's Strategy for the next 3 games?

They've got a winnable game at home against the Kings, then a tougher (without BC) road game against the Hawks.

MU have 3 relatively easy games.

If Perth win their next two, and beat MU in Perth, they should finish first on percentage. (head-slaps for the first person to mention h2h or similar.)

That would have been a tempting scenario, but that last one just got really tough.

Now obviously Trev's never gonna do anything but play to win, but it's a question of degrees. Top 2 finish and SF HCA is locked in.

Does he go all-in chasing top spot?

Or does he try to manage things?
Keep the court time of Mooney, Wagstaff, and Blanchfield reasonable;
Get extra time and confidence into Magnay, Steindl, Bairstow, and Travers;
Run the end of the bench more, Wani, Shervill, and Britt.

Topic #48618 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Get some minutes into the DPs ready for next season, because this year is done.

Reply #849984 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If Perth win their next two, and beat MU in Perth, they should finish first on percentage. (head-slaps for the first person to mention h2h or similar.)

Definite head-slaps for anyone trying to bring H2H into the equation. I mean even when it was a thing, it only came into play when you tied with another team!
Though I thought that was true of percentage too.

Reply #849986 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah I think Dazz might be confused between points percentage and winning percentage.

Reply #849987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst not impossible , I think cats are done for the year. Just looking at Cairns when they lost Cam Oliver their scoring per game dropped noticeably. Will suggest same will happen here.

Reply #849991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are nothing without Cotton. They banked on the best and injuries suck, so now if the season had started they'd be 5/6 best.

Reply #849992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone please explain to dazz the complex concept of wins and losses in the nbl standings and then delete this thread

Reply #849994 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Its understood why the rule is in place for a player needing to play X amount of games to qualify for finals. But a team should be allowed to replace an import thats so obviously injured and ruled out for the rest of the season. A team is too disadvantaged otherwise if they lose a player so close to the finals. With very little chance of gaining an advantage if they are able to bring in a replacement.

Reply #849995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Bol but even as a Cats fan I disagree. Doing that would open the doors for exploitation. We just have to ride it out and hope other players step up.

Reply #850002 | Report this post

Johnno  
Years ago

no cotton, screwed.

Reply #850006 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Yeah I agree that a minimum game game requirement is necessary. I'm hoping to see Mooney and magnay step up now and Clint from the outside. Hopefully more Travers as well.

Reply #850022 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

haha
yeah ok, not sure what I was looking at, I thought both could finish on equal wins???? (I mean they could, but unlikely. even in a perfect finish, Cats would finish on 27, and MU on 28)
(I don't know, maybe I was overlooking the Adelaide game to finish ??)

But the question still holds.

If we accept that the top 2 is basically set. (Highly unlikely that Perth win all three and MU drop 2)
How does Trev prepare for finals?

And if the home games against MU is in reality dead, does he try for a confidence booster, or continue a preparation strategy?

Reply #850039 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

The other question, (and it may not even come down to this) but considering Perth play Sydney and then Hawks...
who does Trev want to see make the finals?
Either team would be up against it in the SF, but Goorj is the only chance of ruffling some feathers.

Reply #850042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that is a great question D2.0, Trev could decide 4th place, he'd prefer kings in a heartbeat.

Reply #850048 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

But would he?
MU would roll the Kings without much trouble, especially against a rookie coach without a job.
On the other hand Goorj might trouble them.

IF Perth could make the GF, would they prefer to face MU, or hypothetically the Hawks (with Perth then gaining HCA)???

Reply #850066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Hawks are not beating MU in a 3 game series

Reply #850067 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Hawks aren't good, they'll be lucky to take a quarter from United in a 3 game series imo. All United need to do is lock down Harvey and game over.

Reply #850068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754