Aussie
Years ago

Bogut on becoming part owner of Sydney Kings

I found this particularly interesting:

"We already have things in the works, in the future, that we're working on right now; one being very, very, very exciting if it gets through. It's a higher chance than not of going through at this point, though we're still negotiating it. Once that goes through, it'll set a precedent for NBL clubs and the NBL"

Bogut wouldn't elaborate on what that big development could be, but said multiple NBA players had already reached out to him with desire of also joining the team's ownership group. Less than 48 hours after news of Bogut's acquisition was made public, his value was already clear."

Bogues doesn't appear to me as an individual who sugar coats issues.

"One being very, very, very exciting if it gets through"

Sounds like something very promising.

Perhaps a big name NBA player to become part owner?

It will be interesting to see what it happens to be.

Topic #48646 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Sorry, link here:

https://www.espn.com.au/nbl/story/_/id/31545699/nbl-andrew-bogut-value-co-owner-sydney-kings

Reply #850916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is very adept at saying a whole lot of stuff while saying nothing at all.

Reply #850920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it is an NBA player becoming a part owner that will be very underwhelming..

Reply #850921 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

If it is an NBA player becoming a part owner that will be very underwhelming

Whilst it would help financially, I tend to agree

Reply #850928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weaver back.

Reply #850929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh OK he just defends other Croatians who use Ustase chants and he collects Ustase memorabilia but actually calling him that is a step too far. Gotcha.

Reply #850958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When do these topics ever get moderated? So many retards here now. In the true sense of the word.

Reply #850959 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

It would help if you provided evidence to support your opinion. I'm not saying it would surprise me to learn that he's done such things but simply stating such strong accusations isn't selling me.

Reply #850965 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/andrew-bogut-slams-fifa-after-aussieborn-croatia-player-josip-simunic-banned-for-pronazi-chants/news-story/bcef4acda6d9ce103e11f7c57bd7f2db

Simple see. Now how about him owning memorabilia...

Reply #850967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He'll be bringing a preseason NBA game to australia - thats the huge idea he has

Reply #850968 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Everybody has that idea though. Is this becoming a reality otherwise nearly and announcement.

Reply #850970 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

hardly worth an announcement.*

Reply #850971 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Can't see a preseason nba game coming here anytime soon....

Reply #850978 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Can't see a preseason nba game coming here anytime soon....

Agreed. And even if it did, how does this help the NBL?

Reply #850993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it will be something like each NBL club will be affiliated with an NBA team (or several teams) so they can send their draft and stash guys down here.

Reply #850995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This forum is so poorly moderated! When a poster calls someone a Nazi and it's not removed... sad. Sure Bogut is a flog but really??

Reply #851126 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

"Maybe it will be something like each NBL club will be affiliated with an NBA team (or several teams) so they can send their draft and stash guys down here."

Or maybe that Sydney has affiliated with an NBA club.

Further-more, with the number of NBA and ex-NBA players buying shares in NBL teams, is it unreasonable to suggest a club or two may consider similar part-ownership deals with NBL clubs.

Now that would have some punch, and frankly, more meaning and motive.

re: "And even if it did, how does this help the NBL?" - Publicity! Admittedly, for the NBA, but more so for basketball. And the next set of "pre-season games" for the NBA (everywhere, in fact) will be straight after the Olympics in which Australia wins its 1st ever medal in mens' basketball. - Double-whammy for publicity!

Reply #851140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

it's not removed... sad.
In the future, use the report link on the post to bring it to my attention. That's quicker and will get faster results.

Reply #851150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings award night.
Mvp Casper
Players player Hunter and Bruce
Members player Martin
Coaches award Moller
Defence award Casper.

Reply #851854 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:49 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754