Luuuc
Years ago

Vale Galen Young

The NBL is saddened to hear of the passing of former
@PerthWildcats and Townsville Crocodiles player Galen Young.
Young played 48 games in the NBL, winning a championship with the Wildcats in 2010.

Our thoughts are with those who were close to him.

--

Article from the Charlotte Observer

Topic #48664 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The circumstances of Young's death are unusual. According to a tweet Saturday night from the Memphis police department, a vehicle crashed into a house in Memphis on Horn Lake Road. The crash killed Young, who was inside the house at the time. The driver of the vehicle, who was not named, was issued a citation by the officers who responded at 2:42 a.m. The investigation is ongoing.
Freak accident. He was on a computer in the front room, while visiting his mother.

Reply #851527 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's terrible, I remember when he played for the Crocs and fans were calling for him to be cut his wife started posting on Oz Hoops to defend him.

Really sad, RIP.

Reply #851558 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Young was the best at giving it to Homicide after leaving the Crocs by always calling Corey out on his bullshit because he knew him so well at Townsville, RIP.

His wife's outburst was entertaining but doesn't hold a candle to Matt Shanahan's mum's meltdown over two separate forums.

Reply #851571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or when Gavin Field's mum started commenting on Hoops, buck wild

RIP Young

Reply #851670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is that even relavent right now? Pretty weird thing to bring up after a death.

Reply #851682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weird thing to post zodiac.

Really sad and freakishly tragic events.

Reply #851689 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

So sad to hear and unfortunate. I loved how they both went the Mohawks in Movember Corey and he. 45 and was just about to embark on a great coaching career gutted I liked him a lot.

Reply #851753 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If anyone hasn't seen it yet I would suggest to watch the start of the current (last Tuesday's) episode of NBL Overtime as Homicide gave a really heart felt tribute to Galen and what he meant to him saying he looked up to him like a big brother and how sad he feels for his sons.

Reply #853282 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754