Isaac
Last week

East SF series: 76ers vs Hawks

Series gets underway soon enough. Hawks handled the Knicks but might be up against it facing Philadelphia.

Embiid is day-to day, potentially removing the 76ers MVP-level option from the equation. Simmons averaged 17/10/9 in the Washington series, but was poor from the stripe and hack-a-Ben could be an issue. Young is a key for Atlanta - if Embiid sits more games, the 76ers could start Thybulle with full defensive focus on Trae. All this is stating the obvious!

76ers are paying 1.58 for the win. Bookies seem to think the series will go 6-7 games, with 76ers 4-3 being the shortest odds at 4.33. Wonder how much that is factoring in Embiid? If both teams were full strength, would it go to six games?

Topic #48668 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Last week

Simmons 7/7 FG but 3/10 FT - everyone's understandably looking at the second fraction! 76ers bench unit looks to be where the damage was done. Embiid 39 points but wouldn't be thrilled to have played through injury to a loss.

Trae Young averaging 30 and 10 for the post-season.

Reply #851709 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last week

Couldn't sleep, listened to the game.

I am a one-eyed Hawks fan but I'm trying to keep a lid on things however the Hawks owned the 76ers for all but the last 5-6 minutes when the officials let the 76ers play with more physicality. Hawks turned the ball over and made some poor decisions which Philly capitalised upon.

Both Simmons and Thybulle struggled to contain Young and Bogdanovic in the first half (after Rivers persisted with Danny Green on Young for too long).

Hawks defense was also excellent for 3 quarters and they were without augably their 3 best defenders (Hunter, Dunn and Reddish).

The Hawks might yet progress to the conference finals if they can keep this level of play up and Embiid struggles to suitably recover in time for game 2. He was huge for the 76ers

Reply #851773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Last week

76ers started well before the Hawks clawed it back. Took Shake Milton's shooting to perhaps bail out Philly. Not sure Atlanta would be feeling too bad going home at 1-1?

Reply #852195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Last week

I hope Simmons doesn't have to make a free throw to win us a gold medal.::)))

Reply #852205 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Last week

The Hawks need to knock out Philadelphia for the Boomers to have any hope of BS playing in Tokyo

..fmmmc, Simmons playing in Tokyo...ha ha, I'm deluded.

Reply #852235 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Punch - insightful time tracking
Beam Orders - a quick, simple order and payments site for your business.
Dunk.com.au - Custom basketball uniforms

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 am, Tue 15 Jun 2021 | Posts: 880,895 | Last 7 days: 1,679