NBL Championship odds

United $1.40
Wildcats $3.75
SEM $8
Illawarra $17

Topic #48683 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

All four numbers are kinda interesting: Amazing to have one team so short when it's still a four-team comp. And for the Wildcats to be second favourites without Cotton and a thin roster. For SEM to have scraped in, still have upside but be longer than Perth - though I guess they need to get through United. And the Hawks, who face the weaker SF opponent and then only need to have Harvey/Jessup go off twice to snatch it, possibly longer than they were during the season.

Reply #852141 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

To think Perth were $13 at the beginning of the season.

Reply #852151 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Before Cotton's injury MEL were $2.00 and PER $2.30.

Reply #852153 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Hawks are definitely worth a shot at $17

Reply #852154 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I'm jumping on that for Hawks for value, another agency has:

United $1.50
Perth $4
Hawks $10
SEM $13

Reply #852155 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Seems about right to be honest. Half of Uniteds bench could get starting spots on the other 3 teams. I thought Perth were the only chance to beat them until Cotton's injury.
Im surprised SEM are in single figures from that agency given their recent performances.

Reply #852163 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Before Cotton's injury MEL were $2.00 and PER $2.30.]

I remember it being United $2.30 and Perth.....$2.80 perhaps? A few weeks ago, with SEM $6.50 at the time. I bet on SEM and hedged on United for break even.

(Gamble responsibly etc, I bet about $40 total, I very rarely bet, more to test my ability to pick winners).

The current odds seem about right in terms of each teams chances.

SEM still the value bet for mine, despite their poor recent form, lineup questions (Is Gliddon playing the SF?) having the face United and if they win, travelling to Perth or Illawarra with probably only neutral home games in games 2 and 4. It's a tough ask but with the talent they have, $8 is the best bet of the 4.

Reply #852164 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The Hawks have been the ultimate flat track bullies this season.

They have been owned by all 3 playoff opponents this season. A total record of 3-10.

One close win against each (2 pts vs SEM, 8 pts vs United and 2 points vs Perth) but most of the games they were thrashed.

And those wins were with significant injuries, eg United was missing 3 players, Cotton was missing for Perth.

With Cotton out, I still give them a good chance of winning the semi final but based on their results, they'll get beaten comfortably in the GF.

Only more injuries to their opponents will give them a chance.

$17 might be a decent bet - given how many injuries have occured this season, so there's a chance more will hit Perth, United or SEM giving the Hawks a chance to "Bradbury" the season. but I'm someone who never bothers making long shot bets like that.

Reply #852166 | Report this post

Hopscotch 55  
Years ago

Only way I could see the grand final not going to Melbourne would be absolute suffocation Perth defence from here on out, and some lights out shooting 3 point shooting from the likes of Steindl, Wagstaff, Blanchfield etc.

The defence being there I would count on, the shooting? Well - it will be a win for the ages if they can produce it.

Reply #852217 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Perth are $3.75?

They should be the $17.

Reply #852226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't think they'll get past the Hawks?

Reply #852229 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Hawks aren't even favourites to win their SF series.

If LoveBrokerBet is offering $17 odds I'm taking it.

Reply #852275 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Barring any injuries happening to Melbourne's players, everyone should be on $17.

No one is beating them in a 5 game series.

Reply #852276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one is beating who?

Reply #852278 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

If all three other teams "should be $17" then United would be at $1.21 to win two series. I don't think so, even though they are clear favourites those odds would be too short.

Reply #852279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure Lovebroker can count to 17.

Reply #852283 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:08 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754