Anonymous
Years ago

Hoop city au

Thoughts on this facility?

Anyone know where the other locations will be?

Topic #48695 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of flash equipment in a shed not even big enough for a full sized court. Shooting bays are pretty limited in terms of range (ie not big enough). Membership structure will price just about everyone out. I see they have got the 3x3 Aus teams using it.

Reply #852584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25$ to shoot for 30 mins by yourself, what a disgrace.
Go down to ya local for free.

Reply #852586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a full court in there, and a 3x3 court. Plus like 4 or 5 shooting bays, and 3 digitally interactive dribbling bays. And a weights room. Not bad value if u ask me

Reply #852601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes ok hoop city staff...
The place is overated as hell, getting pros to post Instagram stories won't keep it running.
The fact it is now partnered with ba is hella shady.

Reply #852603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is partnering with the governing body for the sport shady? Isnt that an accolade?

Reply #852604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not when you know who runs te show.

Reply #852605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's no way that's a full regulation court. I know it's a training facility but still.

Reply #852608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U can shoot at ya local club for $10. If you are a rep there, it's free.

Reply #852610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Kid is a member there. The court is absolutely full size and a high quality surface, there are 2 half courts, one at FIBA competition standard in terms of size and surface. Four shooting bays and an extra shooting machine that can go on a half court, plus the dibbling bays. The price above is for using a shooting gun one off, not using the court. The cost drops a lot if you buy multiple sessions or a membership. its still expensive but there is good value there for kids who want to use the facilities. The adult memberships come with access to the gym I think.

Its a great facility, whether its too expensive or not will show in how successful they are in getting members. I don't understand why anyone would think they are dodgy, nobody is being forced to go there. its just a small business trying to offer a service that is needed in the area. It will either work financially or it won't for the owners. Its their prerogative to set the price and their customers prerogative to decide whether that represents value or not. The increased number of shots you can get up in such a short period of time using a shooting gun has value to me and plenty of others, maybe not for everyone.

Reply #852621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What club does he/she play for?

Reply #852623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard that the ceiling is too low, making it not regulation. So they won’t even be able to run 3x3 tournaments out of there

Reply #852633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares, its a training facility!

Reply #852636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks quality to me

Reply #852638 | Report this post

Biz  
Years ago

Hoop City has a FIBA approved hardwood court, FIBA approved 3x3 Court, additional hardwood 3x3 court, 4 Shooting bays, 3 dribbling stations, Wilson and Spalding balls, GARED Rings and Shootaway shooting machines ... fully equipped Strength and Conditioning room - happy to put up our facility against any other in Australia.

3 x NBL teams, Opals and national 3X3 Teams have all used Hoop City for their training needs.

is it expensive? if you want to compare it to your local basketball association be my guest, but make sure you add a gym membership and about 4 hours per week chasing basketballs to your value equation.

Hoop City is serious about our members developing talent in every aspect of their game. We haven't cut corners - why should you?

I will happily give anyone on Hoops.com.au a free tour - hit me up below.

Reply #871129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So struggling already?

Reply #871130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragic timing with covid

Reply #871132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoop city way too big.

If they wanna go Aus wide, better off with smaller facilities and more locations than just 2-3 hubs.

Reply #871137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:10 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754