Jack Toft
Years ago

SF Game 1: Melbourne v SE Melbourne

It's an all Melbourne affair, so let's play it in Sydney.

Big Brother Melbourne carry form into the series, whereas SEM look far from dominant. They could have finished 3rd if they beat Brisbane, but they were like a drunken husband trying to sneak home rattling the keys in the lock only to find Brisbane the other side holding a banana rolling pin.

I think you would be brave to tip against the Big Brother. Young Brothers get up from time to time, but not tonight.

Topic #48696 | Report this topic

Kb_24  
Years ago

They play 36 games and the semi best of 3.. need to be best of 5..

Reply #852560 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

This is actually ridiculous that living in Sydney i can't actually attend this game.

Reply #852578 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What's the reason for no crowds? Both teams have been outside Victoria for over 2 weeks already, and have been playing in front of crowds?

Put some hazmat suits on the floor wipers if you want....

Reply #852581 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Or is it more a financial thing, eg not worth opening up the food venues etc if there will only be 1,000 people there? So just cap at zero minimizes costs

Reply #852582 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's more an embarrassment thing in case neutral Sydney attracted a larger crowd than a lot of their home games in Melbourne.

Reply #852589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did it have to be played at qudos, should have played at a smaller venue and let in fans if the money was to great to open quodos.

Reply #852593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's so they are abiding by the rules of their exemptions eg isolation and quarantining so if/when they get to play again in Melbourne, they've done the right thing.

Reply #852594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pure financial

Reply #852596 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's so they are abiding by the rules of their exemptions eg isolation and quarantining so if/when they get to play again in Melbourne, they've done the right thing.
Both teams have played in front of crowds since the start of the outbreak.

Reply #852598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's more an embarrassment thing in case neutral Sydney attracted a larger crowd than a lot of their home games in Melbourne."

HA! I can taste the perth salt, and it is deeeelicious

Reply #852599 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It was a comment on how poor the Melbourne team's crowds have been. Nothing to do with the other series, which we are still alive in by the way.

Reply #852617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perf's crowd wasnt too good last night - and looks like it might be the last crowd of ur season... haha

Reply #852629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings crowd in a nothing game last week was far better than the red army last night, maybe Perth only support winners, no Cotton, no turn up.

Reply #852631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Check the price and if you can afford that twice in 5 days good luck

Reply #852650 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yeah, nobody goes to game one of the semis here because tickets are expensive and there's always a grand final to go to.

Reply #852653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tipping this thread will be full of salty Perf supporters. Take the night off guys...relax, stay off the meth and get on car sales and look at Aussie V8's

Reply #852671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How will I ever recover from that burn?!

Reply #852676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking so far

Reply #852678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Best part of no crowds is the camera doesn't pan to some flog with a beer in one hand and giving the thumbs up with the other or a kid eating a hotdog and flossing every time a team scores

Reply #852679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All good. Your next bong will help you recover from the burn

Reply #852681 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Look at that glorious curtain.

Reply #852682 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I find it amusing one of the commentators called the game Throwdown X rather than a semi-final. I think it's time to retire the contrived nickname as the digits have reached double figures.

Reply #852684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great call. Once we hit throw done 9900 let's move on.

Reply #852686 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Haha, someone needs to look up the definition of double figures.

Reply #852688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee that Broekhoff guy would be a good NBL 1 player...

Reply #852690 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Heartland showing absolutely no heart.

Reply #852691 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Is there any chance SEM could run a set to get Broekhoff a shot?

Reply #852692 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

SEM are 22 points with a whole half and 2.5mins to go...

Reply #852693 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

United are sweeping the playoffs.

Reply #852694 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

56-31

What an awful product the NBL is right now.

Time to turn this garbage off.

Reply #852696 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

This is hard to watch

Reply #852697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep the league sucks cause Perth and Adelaide are not dominating otherwise it is all great....

Reply #852698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To think that Cam Gliddon was talking up SEM's defence pre-game...

Reply #852700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember when Sykes was good?

Reply #852705 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Yep the league sucks cause Perth and Adelaide are not dominating otherwise it is all great....
The league sucks because there's only one team in it.

At least Perth were around in 2013 to keep NZ honest, and almost stole a game from them in the grand final. United are walking through this.

Reply #852706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point I'm making is this forum is a Perth/36s flog fest. The league on the other hand does suck but when Adelaide or Wildcats are dominating there is no mention of the quality of the league...

Reply #852710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To think LV said SEM were a threat :)

Reply #852713 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

SEM certainly no threat tonight. This has been brutal

Reply #852714 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The point I'm making is this forum is a Perth/36s flog fest.

United fans are more than welcome to contribute on here. They don't because the problem is the franchise barely has any.

Reply #852716 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

how does nsw get the cheeseburger...what a ripoff

Reply #852718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United fan here, KR. This team rarely has anything to crow about besides highest spend. But this game is an exception.

Reply #852720 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Vickerman berating them for one terrible defensive breakdown when up 25 with 4 minutes left

Love it

Reply #852721 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Landale showing that mvp form

Reply #852722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, KR. I misdirected that comment. It was for Perthworld. I'd like to blame it on moving home all day, but maybe I'm just an illiterate latte-sipper.

Reply #852723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm also baffled on how NSW get free cheeseburgers when no NSW team played. I mean, I wouldn't claim it myself, but it's the principle.

Reply #852725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne have just come out of lockdown and still under distance restrictions. They don't want to encourage Victorians to travel to get free burgers

Reply #852726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or is it that United fans don't bother to post or follow this forum because it’s full of 36’s and Wildcats supporters trolling?

Reply #852727 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

or maybe it's LV putting them off.

Reply #852728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most exciting thing about the game is the opportunity to get burgers

Reply #852729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First time this season United has won in Sydney, kings would've put up a better show.

Reply #852733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they beat Cairns last week

Reply #852738 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Comprehensive performance from United. Impressive defensive throughout and incredibly organised. Thought Hopson was very slick and Landale unstoppable, 26 points in 21 minutes from inside and out shows he's a class above. Vickerman’s insistence on player rotations throughout the season is now paying off with United’s second unit arguably as good as the first. Phoenix missed a beat by benching Creek for most of the first quarter with 2 fouls, thought Mitchell should have backed hm in. Amazing the wraps that Broekhoff had when he returned, has barely fired a shot. Hopefully we get a better game 2.

Reply #852747 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

won't someone please think of the principle!!!

the worst thing to happen to Victoria in 2021.....where is our cheeseburger!!!

damn u dictator!

Reply #852748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding is a better player than Broekhoff on what we have seen this season, be interesting at Australian selection time.

Reply #852751 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You can't pick Broekhoff he's been exposed badly in the NBL this season. I always said he was hyped up beyond his skill set before and after he got into the NBA he's a system guy. I thought he was taking a huge risk coming back here and potentially being exposed he just should've stayed in the US and taken the season off.

I can't see him getting the offers to stay in the NBL that he probably thinks he deserves so will probably go back to Europe with his tail between his legs.

Reply #852754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pack the season up and just give the trophy to United now

Reply #852757 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:23 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754