Isaac
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets confirm James Duncan as coach

Two-year contract.

Topic #48697 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost bad in Japan, hope he turns out ok.

Reply #852624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talks about players playing D first, might get a few noses out joint in that Brisbane team, some just like offence. He should try clean out some of the list, make sure Law is back and work from there.

Reply #852625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happens to CJ, you would think that JD would bring his own guys in.

Who does he keep from bullets

Who does he pinch from kings

Reply #852632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't understand why they didn’t give him a 5 year deal like Adelaide did Joey Wright. Makes no sense lol

Reply #852634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are all the potential Boomers going to go now?

Reply #852637 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

The hawks will be stacked with aussie talent next season

Reply #852639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are all the off-contract 36ers going to now?

Reply #852640 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

"Where are all the off-contract 36ers going to now?"

Japan!

Reply #852643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what is the point of appointing another assistant coach over CJ (another assistant coach)?

Reply #852648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane probably want to change the set up structure of the club, while Lemanis was good he never quite achieved, they more than likely thought CJ would be more of the same. Guess work on my behalf totally. Brisbane has some dead wood Australian players that need moving on.

Reply #852654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wheres Cadee going to go now?

Reply #852658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the brisbane markets, got alot of shirts to sell.

Reply #852659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's there now nbl1

Reply #852661 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"So what is the point of appointing another assistant coach over CJ (another assistant coach)?"

Because they prefer this assistant coach over CJ?

Reply #852662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So CJ for all the years he has put into the club are just out the door. #Harsh

Reply #852667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it confirmed that CJ is out?

Reply #852669 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

CJ was the first one employed by the club, if you all remember. He helped set it all up.

Reply #852670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I don't think he’s out the door yet, his LinkedIn lists him as the head of basketball operations and assistant coach. Which if accurate is an interesting hierarchy for the bullets.

Reply #852677 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

CJ isn't entitled to anything, the same as Stewie in Hobart. Hmmm, same anon perhaps?

Reply #852683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ has been there since day 1 idiot. Clearly shat on. Surely the point of having asst coaches is to use them within what ever organisation you work for? It's worked well in Perth!

Reply #852708 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I understand that but it's not a job for life.

Reply #852715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the Bullets didn't gift CJ the HC role. Big deal. And who can blame them for wanting to remove themselves from the stench that Lemanis has left.

CJ Could remain on the coaching staff anyway. At worst, he’ll always have some sort of role with the Bullets. No tears shed here.

The priority concern at this stage is actually crafting a roster that makes sense.

Reply #852719 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Surely the point of having asst coaches is to use them within what ever organisation you work for? It's worked well in Perth!
The last time a Perth assistant coach got promoted to the top job was Mike Ellis. It was Perth's worst season since the early 1980s and he was fired.

Reply #852724 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The last time a Perth assistant coach got promoted to the top job was Mike Ellis.

Incorrect, Conner Henry.

Reply #852730 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh dear. Kobe out of the loop again. Forde and Roth.

Reply #852734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one has suggested a job for life. CJ is a Bullet who has been shat on. He was interviewed and clearly a high level candidate. Baffling. Cant wait to see what his father posts on FB.

Reply #852736 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Oh dear. Kobe out of the loop again. Forde and Roth.
You cannot be this stupid.

Reply #852744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess you are missing the point. But then again who cares.

Reply #852746 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

CJ is a Bullet who has been shat on. He was interviewed and clearly a high level candidate. Baffling.

First of all James Duncan is very well credentialed so I don't see a problem with his hiring by the Bullets.

Secondly oh noes CJ went for a job interview and didn't get the role!!!!1 Please, cry me a river.

Just because you have a connection (or feel like you do) with Stewart (Devils) and CJ (Kings) doesn't mean they automatically deserve NBL head coaching appointments. It's very CURIOUS how triggered and slighted you feel when certain people don't land gigs you think they deserve. I suggest checking your medication.

Reply #852761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just happy to have a at least one black coach in the NBL at the HC position.

Reply #852764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In many organisations, not just sporting ones, some people are better at working behind the scenes getting their hands dirty, and others are great leaders who get the best out of their people. Being good at one doesn't necessarily translate into being good at another.

Reply #852766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starting to think Cal is the one here saying CJ has been shat on. Only logical explanation.

Reply #852767 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Wow CJ's little Anon buddy is melting badly....

Reply #852775 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Looking at Aussie Hoopla's FA tracker:

** Contracted **
Sobey
Drmic
Ty
Krebs (option)
Wigness

** FA **
Cadee
Hodgson
Froling
Imports
DPs

Opinions on what the Bullets do?

I like Cadee coming off the bench at a reasonable price. Would like to see Hodgson stay on also, I don't think we've consistently seen him at his best and he's great if he's focusing on protecting the bucket then getting cheapies on the other end. Froling can wander off to Cairns. Krebs eh. DPs eh.

Bad Santa says it's unlikely Law + Patterson could be signed together due to their asking prices so likely it's one or the other there. Preference Law?

Of interest, McCarron off-contract with United. My understanding is that he would give serious consideration to coming home. Could Brisbane offer an appropriate contract is the question.

Have only breezed through other FAs and nothing else leaping out at me. I'd be in the minority, but I'd live with getting Bairstow back at a fair price.

Reply #852795 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I doubt whether Cairns would take H Froling, S Froling, on the other hand probably yes.

Reply #852800 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

As I have previously posted, I am keen for both Law and Patterson and even Johnson (as THE cheapie) to return as imports.

Law and Patterson too expensive? Maybe not. After Patterson's issues this year, he may want to be at Brisbane (might even agree to turn up in shape) so, that all may be negotiable. If it has to be one or the other, I too, would go Law 1st.

If Patterson, and Johnson too, miss out, who, as in what positions, do Bris chase?

The idea of McCarron being brought in as the starting PG is great.

So James. 1stly, welcome to Brisbane Bullets. Here's the team for your 1st season:

PG: McCarron/Wigness
SG: Sobey/Cadee
SF: Patterson/Drmic/Krebs
PF: Law/Johnson/Froling
C: Hodgson/Harrison
NS: Perhaps a C or ComboG?

If Patterson not returning, an import starting 3 is a must. IMO, if Johnson gone too, they don't need another PF so an import starting C (who might be just as expensive as keeping Patterson) or could be kept for future use.

Reply #852836 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wow CJ's little Anon buddy is melting badly..

That was a little too easy.

Reply #852838 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:07 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754