Tce44
Years ago

Navy Seals

Is there going to be a responce from the 36ers about the Navy Seals and their embarrasing action Sunday night?

Sooner they are gone the better.

Topic #4870 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're posting on a private forum. try contacting the club? don't forget your dummy!

Reply #56042 | Report this post

Boti  
Years ago

The Navy Seals are uninteresting, unfunny and a complete waste of time, an insult to the intelligence of the average Sixer fan.

I hope they dispense with this group sooner rather than later.

Reply #56045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Navy Seals ARE Sixer fans.

Reply #56046 | Report this post

Boti  
Years ago

Well obviously they're Sixer fans, that goes without saying really.

As a group though, they add very little. Surely a "cheersquad"-type can come up with better chants than MMMMMMEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLVVVVVIIIIIIINNNNNNNN, or DAAAAAAAAARRYL and so forth - piss-weak.

They have no shame, and the whole act as a gimmick... as I said, an insult to the intelligence of the majority of the at least semi-intelligent 36er fans.

Reply #56047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dude, you're virtually begging to get mooned...

Reply #56048 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You should do what I do when the little kids come out to sing the club song before games - ignore them. I find kids singing to be pretty boring, but some people seem to like it. Diff'rent strokes:

Reply #56049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rid of them, PLEASE

Reply #56054 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

if you can do better then get up and prove it

Reply #56065 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

The people posting on this thread epitomise the brainless, change-hating, conservative, closed-thinkers that so often stops any sort of new initiative in South Australia.

From what I can see, the Seals are still in their experimental stage and bring tons of a quality that has been so missing from games in the last 4 years - passion.

Isaac, is right. It is irrelevant how good these guys are. It is irrelevant whether they are corny or not funny or are trying too hard or what. What matters is that they are doing SOMETHING. It was open for anyone (and I mean you successive anonymous posters) to try anything - but they (you) haven't.

I took a former season ticket holder to the game on Saturday. They commented at the end about how much better the show was, and how much more was going on. The current format is hundreds of times better than previous years, and the Seals are part of the reason for that.

You fine, upstanding, right-minded citizens are as usual probably right (well at least in your own minds), some of the things they have tried have probably not been funny, or have gone too far. So what. Who cares. At least they are getting off their high horses and doing something. The rest are just hypocrites.

I am not associated with the Seals. I enjoy what they have to offer or I ignore them as I see fit from time to time. Hell, I do the same thing with the Sixers Dancers, and the little kids that sing the club song. But I refuse to dump on people who are trying to give back to the club.

I think it has universally been agreed that the atmosphere on game nights this year has been greatly improved. After all, that is what we need to help fill the Dome with passionate fans again.

The Seals have been contributors to that improved atmosphere, and I take my hat off to them. Get the hell off their backs and make some sort of positive contribution of your own. It is you, the mockers, who are the slow death of basketball in this state.

Now after I have had my little rant, I can wait until next week when the same people will be back raising the same issue again. I should really stop reading these posts!

Reply #56067 | Report this post

Anthony  
Years ago

Maybe instead of bagging the initiative. You should either suggest another option to entertain the crowd or better yet contact the club volunteer your services to work with the club and seek other opportunities to continue adding value across the season. I find it very frustrating when people bag an initiative with out providing other solutions. This model has been trialled in the NBA with some succuess.

Reply #56068 | Report this post

Paul Bauer  
Years ago

XY,

Thanks for an extremely diplomatic and intelligent response. At the end of the day, all we're trying to do down here is associate passionate and loyal fans to such a great club. This season is a real experiment for us in that we'll try alot of different things to entertain the crowd. Some will work, some won't but we'll at least try. I do appreciate all your feedback, but it's definitely unfair to come onto a public forum and bag supporters and volunteers of the Sixers.

Reply #56077 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Fair enough Paul, but I'm with some of the knockers (or is it nockers?) about the mooning incident.

A little more class, and a little less ass. That's poor form. Everything else has been great.

Reply #56083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not all the Seals were mooning etc.

Reply #56085 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

I recall only a few weeks ago when this site had numerous complaints about the composition of the 36ers team, the value for money and the lack of entertainment.
What has happened since?
the team has gelled and performed well.
The results and games have been great and some cheaper tickets released.
A group of guys tried some entertainment at no cost and because the other 2 points have been silenced, it is now fair to shitcan them.(?)
I personally don't find them overly amusing, but at least they are making an effort and one does not have to watch them.
Yes, a couple may have given a brown-eye. Many before them have done similar and I am sure the sEals would not 'perform' this act given the opportunity again.
Let's get over it and enjoy the 36ers

Reply #56090 | Report this post

Paul Bauer  
Years ago

Moses,
I have spoken to the Seals regarding this incident and they know they were in the wrong. One of those "brain freeze" moments. I am also emailing the Bullets as we speak and apologise on behalf of the club.

Reply #56091 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Bring on the seals, atleast they cheer louder than the mojority of the crowd when the sixers are down or playing poorly.

These wankers who post under anon would be the first to complain if the seals were dumped about little or no corwd excitment!

Reply #56096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The seals do not bring anything posative to the game. I go to watch the sixers and cheer them on as much as I can. If people find that they do add something to the game then give them a go. I personally would like to see them go.

(Mod: Yes, you've already told us.)

Reply #56104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

those guys are way more entertaining then the half naked girls prancing around!!

Reply #56121 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Apologising to the Bullets? Now Paul, that is class. Well done.

Reply #56124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they each have their place, half naked girls are good in any situation

Reply #56125 | Report this post

Starscream  
Years ago

Keep the Seals. if anyone else can do a better job or have any better ideas, do something about it instead of bitchin' an complainin on here

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SEALS!!!!

Reply #56128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is not up to us to think of better things to put on at games, that is why the sixers employ staff, especially MARKETING staff to do these things.

YES - fans have a role to play, but to expect them to come up with ideas when they are not paid to do so is asking a bit much.

Paul, i think rather than an email - wouldnt it be better done in person, over the phone or so - a little bit more personal touch for such a shameful incident.

Reply #56133 | Report this post

Paul Bauer  
Years ago

I think that the Seals did step over the line, but I wouldn't class it as a shameful incident. The reason for that is that I have seen the behaviour of crowds in every other NBL venue, and our fans are without doubt the classiest and most intelligent when it comes to knowing the sport. When we go on the road, we cop it much worse than what the Seals have been doing. Other fans DO step over the line, and we never receive any public apology, nor probably should we. The fans are only trying to distract the team, and put the boys off their games. You must remember that the Seals are die hard 36er supporters and volunteer their time to support our team. They are not paid to come up with ideas either, just are simply passionate fans.

Reply #56135 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"YES - fans have a role to play, but to expect them to come up with ideas when they are not paid to do so is asking a bit much."

And it's for this reason that the unpaid fans who are the Seals shouldn't cop such a level of criticism. Like I said, if you don't like them, ignore them. I think they're good guys who do some funny stuff, so they're positive to have around.

Calling mooning the opposition a "shameful incident" is a stretch, IMO. Maybe not that classy in the eyes of some, but big deal.

Reply #56139 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

My issue with the Seals is the mooning incident.

What they do at games etc is fine but i'd hate to think we have to lower ourselves to other crowds level.

Reply #56161 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

get a life and get over it!! if you dont like them turn around and look the other way

Reply #56164 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

The Seals sit basically near our seats (Western corner, merchandising shop side). I must have been watching the game as I didn't see it - when was the mooning incident? It didn't seem to get any reaction in our area, in fact it wasn't even mentioned!

Reply #56189 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Fair comment Isaac re "YES - fans have a role to play, but to expect them to come up with ideas when they are not paid to do so is asking a bit much."

Surely someone on this forum or a supporter must be involved in theatre, comedy or the arts in some form and would be happy to pass on their expertise to the Seals for the good of the 36ers overall package?

IMHO, each of the Seals needs to develop their own 'character' and 'personality traits' Was it the Bad Boys (or some similar name, the group that used to sit about 10 rows behind the oppostion bench. They were entertaining with the visual props and taunts!

Reply #56192 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It didn't happen during the game. The Bullets get a Greyhound-size bus from their accommodation to the Dome, which was parked at the top of the ramp outside. I believe the incident happened near there, well before the game.

Not inside the stadium, and not during the game. That definitely wouldn't be classy, although I'm sure a few of the boys accidentally show a bit of crack from time to time! :P

Reply #56193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was after the game as the players were leving not before the game

Reply #56197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was before trust me!!

Reply #56201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was definetly before the game as the bus came past the front entrance of the dome. After the game the seals actually chatted with a few of the bullets who found the incident quite funny. Bobby Brannen thought the guys were a laugh.

Reply #56202 | Report this post

croc hunter  
Years ago

blue or navy blue moons by the seals
was it a full moon

Reply #56206 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The crowd is more lively at the games this season. The Navy Seals have a lot to do with that. I remember last season how quiet it was with the down sizing of the cheer squad. Many posts on this forum also criticized how lame they sounded. Now with the game announcer calling out chants like Defence, the involvement of the Seals has encouraged the crowd to call out the chants as well. You would never hear the crowd get involved like this in the past. They don't have to be comedians to make a contribution, they already do just by encouraging more noise from the fans.

Reply #56210 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

they are doing a fantastic job, and its great to see them get involved and volunteer there time, maybe people that critise so much about them or other issue should consider getting involved them selves put in constructive critism rather then negative and derogetory comments

Reply #56214 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

oh added note, the mooning not on, not because its low or unclassy but think of the ramifications if the police sore it or if a young child did and the parents reported it,

and believe me it happens :P

Reply #56215 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Lets see:

Seal Supporters - 10
Seal Knockers - 3

In your "upstanding citizen world", which is a democracy i might ad, this would mean you are outvoted. So how about you go whinge to someone else.

Reply #56232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here here

Reply #56234 | Report this post

Boti  
Years ago

I just pray it wasn't the Big Fat Seal who was doing the mooning. People 10 kms away would have gone temporarily blind.

Reply #56244 | Report this post

known to all  
Years ago

sam mac went over to where the seals sit, during their warm ups and said to some of them it has been along time since he has been mooned coming in to a stadium, he found it quite funny

Reply #56263 | Report this post

Yellow Ledbetter  
Years ago

Is it known to all exactly who was the instagator of the mooning was?

Reply #56351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was only one of the seals. Dont wont to embarrass the poor boy tho.

Reply #56358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why? You want to congratulate him too!?!

Reply #56359 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Dr BS, you say "Seal Knockers - 3". To quote a line from Total Recall ..... "Baby, you make me wish I had three hands!"

Reply #56581 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

To Quote Dave Chappelle " I wish i had 4 hands so i could give those tities 4 thumbs down"

Reply #56585 | Report this post

mum  
Years ago

Is it just me or are the Navy Seals getting better? They are constantly getting chants started throughtout the game. Even when the sixers are struggling. Each week they look like they really prepare for each game with a new banner for the opposition and other ways to ways to make us laugh. How funny was Steve Irwin last night? They are also very nice and friendly and happy to talk to all the kids on the side line. I must admit, i didnt like them at first but they have become a real asset at the games in my opinion.

Reply #59216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/navyseals/

If you wanna learn more about the seals.

Reply #62057 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754