Jack Toft
Years ago

GF: Game 1 Perth v Melbourne

Well, it's here. The Grand Final series and it all kicks off RAC Arena Friday.

The two top teams are there and ready to go. Melbourne has essentially been number 1 all year and finished Minor Premiers. Perth just missing out after making a last chance run at top spot at the end of the season. Perth arguably have the better form going into this series and are like a yacht with their spinnaker out. Melbourne have been chugging along, just getting the job done.

In front of 10,000 Red Devils, I think Perf have a momentum that will hard to stop. Defensively, it'll be a tough game with both teams struggling to crack the ton, so expect a score of around 80 each. Game 1 is always a good game to win, and I think those Pussycats might be purring at game's end.

Topic #48729 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha, coming from a Perth fan??

Reply #854261 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Aussie basketball great Shane Heal has fired a brutal barb at the Red Army on the eve of the grand final opener, warning Wildcats fans it will be the "easiest and most one-sided" deciding series of all-time.

Typical Heal attitude re: anything Perth, as hateful of the Cats as some of the more bitter anons on here.

Reply #854263 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Heal just trying to stay relevant

Reply #854265 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Most one-sided of all time might be a stretch, but I think the most likely outcome is a 3-0 sweep.
I don't think you need to hate the Cats to predict that. I certainly don't hate 'em. I've got my tickets to go cheer them on. But when you consider all the permutations of how a game between these teams could go, the overwhelming majority of them result in a Melbourne win IMO.

Reply #854267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Luuuc,

This is the crap we heard at seasons start, cats to miss finals, shit team, etc, they are in this right up to boot straps. A couple of free swings at home with no pressure, no one excepts them to win. All pressure is on United, Gleeson will work this hard, match ups are reasonably even as well, ok no Cotton but he's been out for a while and cats keep winning.

Mooney v Landale will be decisive, Travers and Blanchfield can be match winners. McCarron v Norton also will be a good match up. Goulding, Barlow, Hopson will be great and have big game experience. I think Gleeson edge on knowing how to win will get cats home in game on.

Cats by 3, can’t wait for the start.

Reply #854268 | Report this post

Hopscotch 55  
Years ago

Mostly likely outcome 3 to 1 I think, 3 zip just slightly behind.

Determine Cats defence and rebounding, some home cooking, and a high number of 3 point makes from Steindl and Blanchfield and good overall percentage from the team good for one.

The achievement for the Wildcats was in getting to the grand final, whatever the outcome from here, even a 3 zip result would be nothing to be ashamed of. It might have been if Cotton was healthy and it still occurred.

No asterix on it for United, they would have started favourites with a full strength team in any case, and the team in their top moments of the year, proved they are the business.

Reply #854269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#268 I hope you come back when you lose! #delusional

Reply #854270 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Don't get me wrong I understand we are underdogs and the odds suggest the most likely series outcome is a 3-1 loss but for Heal to double down and predict it as the worst sweep of all-time is him letting out all of his pent up frustration over the years at the incredible success the Cats have had. All his comments as an analyst, where he should be impartial, have always been negative towards us no matter what. Such a sad and unprofessional individual.

Just off the top of my head Hawks being swept by us 3-0 in 2010 by large margins was really bad and I don't think we'll be topping that performance. There would be others as well. It's a huge call by a hater.

The funny thing is no series will ever be as easy or as one-sided as his bankruptcy proceedings.

Reply #854272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#270 yes I did predict cats would play finals, while you had no idea. It's the first game, yes I’ll stick with cats.

Reply #854273 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That should read 3-0 in 2017 vs. Hawks, not 2010.

Reply #854274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth totally underdogs on the betting arena. Not worth a bet.

Reply #854279 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How did the Hawks go in 2005? That's the other one that comes to mind.

1994 and 2003 both had close game ones followed by completely one-sided game twos.

Reply #854282 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Good one, 2005 wins hands down when Goorjian's Kings completely annihilated Joyce's Hawks. I remember it was such a downer after the previous season's Kings-Razorbacks series which debuted the new five game format in style.

Checking the scores of the 2005 series and it went as follows: 96-73, 105-80 & 112-85, a -75 point differential. What a bloodbath, Heal really is a massive dickhead with his hot take. Funny how it was someone from his very own mate's circle, which he constantly pumps up in the form of Brendan Joyce, who as head coach was on the wrong side of a demolition job.

Reply #854283 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

Cats are always competitive. This will be no different, especially in Perth. United hasn't exactly got the same great track record.
Cats by 5

Reply #854288 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

My Tip:

3-0 or 3-1 United with 2 of the 3 wins by double digits.

To avoid sitting on the fence, 3-0 with 2 comfortable wins and 1 going down to the wire.

Have posted about specific predictions and X factors in my "Grand Final: Recipe for Success" thread.

From the perspective of Grand Final competitiveness, factors suggesting United wins comfortably:

- Talent. Cotton is missing, giving United a big edge.

- Recent history- United has won 5 of the past 7 including the last 3 at RAC Arena. 4 of those wins by 8 points or more. 1 of Perth's 2 wins was by 4 points with United missing CG43 and Ili.

- Depth- Over a 5 game series, United's stronger bench could become crucial.

- Form- United dominated SEM in Game 1 and the last 2.5 quarters of Game 3. Perth struggled through against the Hawks who had an embarrassing record against top 4 teams this season and were realistically making up the numbers (unlike United's opponent SEM who dominated Hawks during the season and were extremely competitive against United and Perth). Hence why SEM were $8 for title at playoff start, Hawks $17.

If you ignore junk time ie game 1 last quarter, United was +32 against a genuine finals opponent. Perth was +14 with actual home court advantage against the inexperienced, flat track bully Hawks.

Going back further, United dominated the last round of regular season including a big win in Perth.

- Offense/ Defense- A rule of thumb in team sports is the champion is always above average both offensively and defensively. At minimum, average in one and uber elite in the other. Perth without Cotton is below average offensively. United has been #1 at both ends since NBL cup.

- This season- Perth 25-11 record and remained fairly healthy until Cotton. United 28-8 with most of those losses (7 of 8?) missing multiple injured players.

Factors suggesting Perth will be very competitive:

- Their history of strong finals performance. They've been like Brisbane during their AFL dynasty, or the current Richmond- good teams during the season who separate themselves in finals.

They've never lost a Grand Final under Gleeson- 5-0 and have barely needed any deciding games in playoff series under his reign.

Elephant in the room! In 2019 the odds were roughly even (or maybe United very slight favourite?) and Perth demolished them.

- Games 1 and 2 in Perth. Giving them a golden opportunity to take an early series lead 1-0 or 2-0.

- The red army. Never underestimate them. They'll be loud. The refs might favour Perth. Game 3 of 2020 still weighs on the minds of United's fans and maybe Vickerman's too.

Will United even have a crowd at all? It's looking promising that they'll have limited capacity. But no guarantee at this stage.

Intriguing factors:

- United on a massive road trip. Haven't "slept in their own beds" for almost a month, instead travelling everywhere including a hotel quarantine stint. I'm not sure what to think of this, but certainly Melbourne Storm and Richmond 2020 suggest its not a disadvantage. Plus Perth themselves in the NBL cup (although I doubt any of those teams did as much flying around as United have been. They all had an established hub/ home base where they spent most of their time. United is on the final leg of a legitimate travelling road trip).

The first bunch of factors outweigh the second for mine. United to win comfortably.

Busy weekend ahead, won't be posting much. Go United!

Reply #854292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just got $1.01 odds on LV posting numerous times if he thinks that Perth are getting home cooking.

Reply #854293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV thought you weren't posting anymore douche

Reply #854294 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

In terms of basketball factors, key for United is Pace and Possession, as I mentioned in the other thread.

Play at our place. Move the ball crisply. Crash the boards.

For Perth to beat us, they'll have to play a slow bump and grind.

If United gets moving, pushes the ball, we shouldn't lose.

I'm confident enough that our offense will be overall more efficient against their D than Perth's will be against ours. So logically if United draws even on turnovers and rebounds we'll win.

The other key is stopping Blanchfield, who scored 24 in both semi final wins. He's the only guy who could consistently replace the scoring punch that Cotton brings. Steindl might have good stretches but not consistently over 5 games.

So KPIs for United:

- Win rebounds and turnovers, or at least draw equal

- Keep Blanchfield average under say, 18.

Do those over the series and we should definitely win.

Reply #854295 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" LV thought you weren't posting anymore douche"

If the forum has to suffer through Perth's offering of Troll KR, we also have to suffer through LVs incessant “world revolves around Melbourne”.

Thems the rules!

Reply #854298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally I prefer the battle between Perthworld, and the guy who thinks Perthworld is someone who he isn't so constantly attacks him.

Reply #854299 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Just admit it KET, you love Melbourne :-)

Reply #854302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've had some doozy of some arguments with LV in the past couple of weeks, and like the Perth Wildcats, I've probably won five out of seven.

But it's game day today so happy to put that in the past and wish you best of luck LV and hopefully we can at least remain competitive (maybe even sneak a win in).

Reply #854303 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Just admit it KET, you love Melbourne :-)"

Not in winter, it's freezing!

Reply #854304 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cheers anon, good luck to Perth. Admittedly the benchmark franchise of the NBL. May the best team win.

And yeah KET, not our greatest time of year atm. Good thing we can relax inside on the couch with a beverage of choice and enjoy the game. (For me these days, probably just a cuppa!)

Reply #854305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why mention one of Perth's wins was against a team without Goulding and Ili, but not that one of Melbourne's wins had Cotton and Norton missing?

Reply #854306 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

LV tips Melbourne 3-0 and 3-1 and at a push 3-2 but also says that perth can win 3-0 and 3-1 and possibly 3-2. So if he gets it wrong he can come back here and say "no no see I picked that result." Just like he hedged in the Semi

Reply #854308 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

It'll be a typical Cats game I feel, lead fairly comfortably for the first half with United within a sniff, 3rd qtr crash and burn and then a tight finish that'll be 50/50. Will pray for some final minutes home cooking to get us over the line...

Reply #854309 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Perth 3-0 (but I really hope to be proven wrong - please not Perth holding the trophy AGAIN)

Somehow, Perth will win both at home. All the pressure will be on Melbourne in game 3, and they don't handle pressure well enough for me to be confident that they’ll take it.

Reply #854316 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The red army. Never underestimate them. They'll be loud. The refs might favour Perth. Game 3 of 2020 still weighs on the minds of United's fans and maybe Vickerman's too.
The game...in Sydney with no fans?

Reply #854341 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[The game...in Sydney with no fans?]

The game in Sydney where United lost by 2 points after having 27 fouls called on them. (Sydney had 15).

It wasn't a Perth game but it was a lucky game for Perth, given they avoided the team who had beaten them twice in a row down the stretch of that season. Both comfortable wins too.

Still amazes me how United lost that series.

Game 1- Choked a huge lead in Sydney. From memory up 16 with 6 minutes left, and lost. Threw up some ill advised shots, not even late in the shot clock in that 6 minutes too.

Game 2- Must've been one of the most dominant performance by any team in any NBL playoff ever (From memory led by 59 points, 98-39 at one stage).

Game 3- Outplayed the Kings in Sydney, refs denied United the chance to play for a title.

[LV tips Melbourne 3-0 and 3-1 and at a push 3-2 but also says that perth can win 3-0 and 3-1 and possibly 3-2. So if he gets it wrong he can come back here and say "no no see I picked that result." Just like he hedged in the Semi]

My tip is United 3-0, I stated that clearly.

You can say I was right if they sweep, wrong if they don't. It’s the most likely outcome to me.

It’s all about probabilities. I’d give probabilities something like this:

United 3-0: 50% chance, United 3-1: 25%, United 3-2: 10%, Perth 3-2: 7.5% Perth 3-1 or 3-0: 7.5%.

So 85% chance United wins. 15% chance Perth.

Injuries could always hit. That’s factored into my probabilities. Eg: if United plays all 5 games with our entire roster all fit and healthy I give us over 90%. One injury to Landale in pre-match warmup and suddenly United goes down to about 65%. My middle ground is 85%.

Crowds. I’m assuming limited capacity in Melbourne. If neutral or zero crowds, drop United down slightly.

Blanchfield. Will he be at his absolute best for the majority of the 5 games? Unlikely. But very likely he goes off and shoots 25 at least once. If he does, Perth has a good chance of a win. So I give them 50% chance of a win. Mooney is always there but Landale will roughly match or better his impact in most games. Blanchfield is the guy who could help bridge the Cotton gap.

All these factors are weighed. They all influence results.

The equation changes constantly. I’m saying United 85% chance of winning, Perth 15%. If United wins tonight by 20, that might jump to 95% from there. If United loses by 5 points and Landale is ruled out for the series, it might drop to 50/50.

Reply #854348 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Personally I prefer the battle between Perthworld, and the guy who thinks Perthworld is someone who he isn't so constantly attacks him.

Oh that one. I've tried explaining it to angry anon to no avail.

Reply #854351 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

[Injuries could always hit. That's factored into my probabilities. Eg: if United plays all 5 games with our entire roster all fit and healthy I give us over 90%. One injury to Landale in pre-match warmup and suddenly United goes down to about 65%. My middle ground is 85%.]

Although, Perth could have injuries too.

But being a "system" team, Perth is slightly less susceptible to injuries (Unless it's Mooney, Blanchfield or Norton).

But I think an injury to Landale would particularly hurt United, and an injury to CG43, Hopson or McCarron would hurt but less than Landale. So there's probably 4 key players for United and 3 for Perth, meaning United slightly more susceptible to injuries. yes we're very deep, but I do think those guys are key and the job would get substantially harder without any of them. As are the 3 I listed for Perth.

Reply #854352 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

you realize the Melbourne rent-a-crowd is not actually a factor don't you? there is more noise and emotion at an empty Quodos than John Cain.

Reply #854358 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Five Burning Questions for the Grand Final Series
(by Liam Santamaria - NBL.com.au)

Link

Reply #854364 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

And yet, with Cotton on the floor, this squad was still putting up numbers. Bryce made such a massive difference at the offensive end that the Wildcats led the league in offensive efficiency, and by some margin, averaging 119.2 points per 100 possessions per spatialjam.com.

Since Cotton's injury, however, that scoring has dropped away. In fact, across their past 7 games the 'Cats have produced just 75.7 points per game at just 105.4 points per 100 possessions.

This is the story of the series right there.

That 13 point drop in PPP is just a chasm too wide to cross for Blanchfield, Mooney and Norton. It would take some insane level of heroics across 5 games from Magnay, Steindl, Travers and Wagstaff to cover that.

Reply #854370 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/basketball/key-wildcats-ok-for-nbl-grand-final-series-c-3139525

Normally I would put this down to sports writers for the major news services not knowing the NBL; like the mention of Shane Heal's 2 Andrew Gaze Medals (for international basketball) in an article about the NBL MVP (Andrew Gaze Trophy); but Trev seems to be confirming that if you don't play in the GF series you don't get a ring. When did this change? I still remember Sam Harris and Paul Rogers getting a ring in 2010 despite not being on the active roster and there was talk of Trueman getting a ring when he filled in for someone during the season a couple of years after he left the 'Cats. Not to mention all the development players who are credited with championships i.e. Goulding has 2 championships - 1 as a DP and one on a full roster slot, Rhys Vague's multiple championships etc

Reply #854373 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Travers ruled out of game one due to calf soreness.

Reply #854376 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Travers out with calf soreness, this one's over. :'(

Reply #854377 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ha. We literally posted at the exact same second. Came down to microseconds!

Reply #854378 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Came down to microseconds!"

But only one can go to the Olympics...

Sorry, been watching the swimming trials

Reply #854380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travers out really hurts Perth, I'd tipped Perth by a few, don’t think that’ll happen now.

Perth getting all injuries at seasons end, most sides got them earlier.

Reply #854384 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Anyone want to double down on this not being a choke if United lose, lol.

Reply #854385 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

New information wouldn't be doubling down, would it?

Point made by the post above suggesting he’d have tipped Perth by a few points in the game but now doesn’t.

Reply #854387 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Well he might only be out for 1 game, and of course Perth supporters are going to tip Perth, heck I still am more through hope and prayers!

Reply #854389 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great piece by Santamaria

I think he's been reading my posts, as he made most of the same points I've made over the past few days about this series.

Nah, it's just the stuff Perth's always done well: Possession game, rebounds combined with pointing out the obvious: The importance of Cotton, and now Blanchfield to replace his output. The need for Perth to slow this into a bump and grind.

Reply #854390 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" Well he might only be out for 1 game, and of course Perth supporters are going to tip Perth, heck I still am more through hope and prayers!"

Let's be honest here though, series hasn’t started yet so there isn’t even a hint of choking, so it’s bizarre for that to even be mentioned.

Is the aim to just goad Melbourne fans? I don’t really get the point of setting up a false expectation.

Only one to really call it out is me, and I couldn’t care less if Melbourne choke

Reply #854391 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I think United has under performed in the playoffs the past 2 years, so this choking talk doesn't spring from nowhere

2019 GF United came in full of confidence and got demolished. 2020 Semi finals Game 1 was a legit choke.

And, I personally disagree with this one since I rate SEM and have been vocal about that on here, but most people thought United would dispatch of SEM more easily than they did.

Reply #854392 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

Travers out tonight

Reply #854393 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

2016 was and will remain their biggest choke.

Reply #854394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was silently hoping that Perth could sneak a win in the first two games but that would have invoked Travers having another decent contribution. We're fucked now.

Reply #854395 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Totally disagree, 2016 wasn't a choke at all

Drew our bogey team in the semis being NZ, a rough, experienced group who smashed us on the boards, our bigs in Warrick and Kickert were old and soft

Plus we were over rated that whole season by virtue of starting 9-0, but if you look at the detail, those 9 wins contained a number of close ones where controversial decisions went our way late in the game (Majok blocking Beal at the buzzer, and CG pushing Webster, or was it Webster pushing CG and CG drew a foul by flopping? Can't quite remember the details)

Reply #854396 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Plus in 2016 we had a poor coach in Demopoulos, we basically had a one dimensional team that wasn't built for playoff basketball. Got the most out of Holt, and outside shooting was the strength with Kickert, CG but weaker on the inside. Majok helped a lot, we werent quite the donut team we were in 2014-15 when Kickert played C, but NZ had a team that exploited United's weakness

I wasn't surprised in the slightest when battle ready NZ touched us up

Reply #854397 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

No Cotton, no Travers, 1 legged Norton.

No chance. 20 point blowout incoming.

Reply #854398 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Just looked up 2016, my recollection was 100% correct, gave up 33 offensive boards across the 2 games against NZ

No surprises that was an issue with 2 of our main bigs Warrick and Kickert, especially Kickert, soft as butter.

And the other thing, 7 of those first 9 wins were at home. We were rated all year after that start, and probably undeservedly. We were lucky to be 9-0

Reply #854399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1st getting swept by 4th in the semis is some degree of choke whichever way you spin it.
You say it wasn't United's biggest choke. So what was?

Reply #854401 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Melbourne United have a history of going belly up in the finals almost every single year despite out-spending everyone. Long may that tradition continue!

Perth by 3

Reply #854402 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It was 18-10 1st vs 16-12 4th in a very even year

They even had a better percentage than us, and they were a battle hardened team full of veterans that had won loads of championships like Abercrombie, Vukona, Pledger, plus Wesley who was a hard nosed competitor

We had a soft team full of kids playing major roles (Holt, Majok, Blanchfield) and a coach who wasnt up to it. And a soft frontcourt

Perfect ingredients for a playoffs bomb out. Definitely not a choke.

I said- 2019 we under performed, not a choke as such though. The only real choke wouldve been 2020 SF Game 1. That was a debacle. Terrible.

And from memory, in 2017 we should've made playoffs but blew our chances with a couple of late regular season losses. So maybe you can throw that in there. Will have to check the record books to refresh me on that one.

Reply #854403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickett went onto play at least another 5-6 season after that as, scorer, just didn't like defence.

Reply #854405 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"Let's be honest here though, series hasn't started yet so there isn’t even a hint of choking, so it’s bizarre for that to even be mentioned."

It doesn't need to have started to be a choke. When a team is far and away better and expected to beat the other team, if they lose is a choke, smh. You're going by your own interpretation, I'll post a definition again.

'In sports, choking is the failure of a person, or persons, to act or behave as anticipated or expected. This can occur in a game or tournament that they are strongly favoured to win, or in an instance where they have a large lead that they squander in the late stages of the event'

Here...'This can occur in a game or tournament that they are strongly favoured to win, or in an instance where they have a large lead'

Reply #854406 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

But again, you gotta look at the details

If Blanchfield and Steindl each hit 5 3s a game over the outstretched arms of quality defenders in the right positions, you just say congrats

So the question is WHY didn't things go as "expected". There's many possible reasons

Reply #854408 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

"So the question is WHY didn't things go as "expected". There's many possible reasons"

Well you can say that about any sporting choke in history before it happened, as the teams currently stand, it's a choke, I'm not sure why it's so hard to comprehend?!?

$1.15 favourites which has prob come in even more now since the Travers news. The only way it can be not a choke is if the equivalent of what has happened to the Cats happens to United during the series. If Landale and Hopson/Goulding get injured so they can't play any more and Cats win, then yeah, it's not a choke on United's side. But as the teams stand now, choke city if United lose.

Reply #854410 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

" You're going by your own interpretation, I'll post a definition again"

You're missing the point, and gaining nothing from posting definitions you googled.

It would be like me saying Perth could choke by being up 2-0, up in game 3 by 20 points and finding a way to lose the series.

There isn’t a hint of it occurring - yet - so why bring it up?

We could play the choke hypothetical game in a gazillion ways.

It’s every bit possible that Perth take advantage of two games at home, put themselves in the front seat and proceed to choke the series.

Melbourne aren’t Milwaukee, I don’t really think they’re perennial chokers, so I don’t see why reputation would put a choke tag on them.

Similarly, Perth playing two home games to start is a fair advantage so if Melbourne did split those or go down 0-2, it wouldn’t exactly be a 76ers level choke.

It just stinks of trying to set up false expectations to goad.

Reply #854411 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Also seems like you're trying to make yourself feel better if your team fails.

Which is kind of ridiculous since Perth are so successful and highly competitive, it’s worth trying a dose of optimism.

Just don’t be create an intolerable fog of smugness if your team does win.

Reply #854413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For someone who wasn't going to be posting much he is doing a balls out job of it

Reply #854414 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I'm not goading anyone, and will be at the home games supporting the Cats with every intention that we will likely lose the series, like I said in previous posts, we've already exceeded expectations in my eyes so I'll feel good knowing we just gave it a crack. If we take one game then that'll be great, if we get swept, congrats to United, the best team all year won and we move onto next year.

There are no false expectations here, United have been the title favourites since before the season began, with most media/journalists/analysts saying something would have to go terribly wrong for them to not win the title.

You're making a lot of assumptions about me, but if the teams didn't involve United or Perth, but they were both in the same situation I'd still call it a choke if the 9/10 favourite lost the series. I'm not a one-eyed Cats supporter, I don't hate United.

Anyway, I give up on the topic. Good luck to both teams.

Reply #854416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth not having much luck with injuries at the moment. They've had more in the last 8 than they did in the first 32 when everyone else had them.

Reply #854417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No cotton, a limited Norton and no Travers it's pretty much for Perth

Reply #854418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty much over for Perth!

Reply #854419 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Imagine the epic choke it would be now if United don't manage to get it done.

Reply #854424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So of MU loose it's a choke but if Perth loose it will be poor refereeing, NBL conspiracy or injuries. Thanks at least I know how this forum will react

Reply #854434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neutral supporter here. who jumps on this to see what's happening during the game. But the hate against LV for having a different opinion to the Perth supporters is feral? Maybe this should be just a Wild cats forum cause you can’t post if you have opinions in other teams?

Reply #854437 | Report this post

JW1  
Years ago

FWIW Senator11 makes a well balanced post! Few and far between on this forum.

Reply #854441 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

And .... here .... we .... GO !

Reply #854448 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Surprisingly MEL are only -4.5pt favourites.

Reply #854449 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Pretty sparse in here.

Reply #854450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha, as a United supporter it looks packed to me.

Reply #854452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't cop out with MU choking when you get 2 home games in front of full home crowd!

Reply #854453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking?

Reply #854456 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Away choking!

Reply #854457 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oh my Magnay, what upper body strength.

Reply #854458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too much upper body strength

Reply #854459 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Too much upper body strength on that one though.

Reply #854460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love it Wagstaff comes on and flops within 30 seconds. Great work

Reply #854461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking again

Reply #854463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two flopping captains.

Reply #854464 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Commentators sat defense on top. Really? Poor shooting I say. Landale air ball from 10 feet

Reply #854465 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That tool in the white jacket behind the United bench - wow, really?

Reply #854466 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Landale illegal screens nearly every play and United still can't use it properly

Reply #854467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coming out of that time out, it's clear why Trev is coach of the year.

Reply #854469 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Damn, that Blanchfield three would've been huge.

Reply #854470 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Unbelievable by the Cats. 11 players used (poor Britt), nullifying Landale and managing to lead.
United depth should still come through.

Reply #854471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats playing out of their skin. Delivering exactly what was promised. Much respect from this United fan.

Reply #854472 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

1st qtr cats had to work extremely hard for their points. 2nd qtr united were incredibly lazy but couldn't capitalise and missed wide open shots.

Reply #854473 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Good first half from Wildcats. You'd think Melbourne run over the top of them but you never know. Worthy leaders at half time

Reply #854475 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Gleeson giving a master class to Vickerman so far. When will United start playing as a team? Otherwise, they might as well give it to Hopson and everyone else get the f out of the way

Reply #854476 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Yeh Landale. Big game. First of the final series & really missing in action again. Hopefully he improves in the second half

Reply #854477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game, Perth looking good, can they hang on. United need more Barlow and get more organised. Gleeson could win a championship in Cairns.

Reply #854478 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Unbelievable spirit shown by Gleeson and the Wildcats to start the series.

Goulding even admitted United are lucky to not be further behind.

Reply #854479 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lowest half Time score by United this season. Wow.

Reply #854480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah cause "spirit" will get you over the line...

Reply #854481 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Is Baba injured? He was defensively awesome against Cotton during the year. Would've had him chasing Blanchfield

Reply #854483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does Vickerman persist with McDaniel?

Reply #854484 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

United getting schooled

Reply #854485 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Since United can't stop Blanchfield, it must be time for United to run some plays to get him fouled out. Get him defending Hopson and it won’t take long.

Reply #854486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Is Baba injured? He was defensively awesome against Cotton during the year. Would've had him chasing Blanchfield"

Yeah, he's had some knee soreness leading into and during the finals.

Reply #854487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White with the lowest IQ play of the game.

Reply #854488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What the fuxk is this? Let united do it then call perth for it?

Reply #854489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I mean, I want to hold my comments about Wagstaff being a grub, but...

Reply #854490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If united needs to carry on like this, cheat and get rewarded to beat this cats team then that whole team is a joke

Reply #854491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thugstaff

Reply #854492 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

KWhite started well but is now a huge liability.

Reply #854493 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

You said it, #492

Reply #854494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flopdale

Reply #854495 | Report this post

Jatz  
Years ago

Flop city

Reply #854496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow still should play on been the difference in this run. Landale defensively is a liability. Vickerman playing McDaniel a lot to hope that Tasmania pick him up.

Reply #854497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United are an actual disgrace, the ref's for rewarding it.... no excuses

Reply #854498 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Argh, Goulding with a dagger there to finish the quarter.

Reply #854499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gained a possession for his team but lost some respect

Reply #854500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Landale is OK after giving himself whiplash.

Reply #854502 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Steindl looks out for the game too. Norton barely played that qtr.

Perth have no starters left. United can have the asterix this year.

Reply #854503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have been an automatic tech.

Reply #854504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He went missing in the last couple of games, but that was a huge hit by Goulding.

Reply #854505 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Trev losing it.

Get's away with more whinging, screaming, cussing, moaning that any coach in the league.

Get that he tries to take the heat for his team but damn he carries on like a pork chop

Reply #854506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arr the passion of the game and supporters.

Reply #854507 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

However good a coach Gleeson might be, his sideline incessant complaining and moaning like a petulant child is soooooo embarrassing to him, his team, the organisation and the league. Just T him up in the first 12 seconds of the game after his first 5 year old petulant outburst and he might stop trying to ref the game and get back to coaching..... Can't even.....

Reply #854508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ouch! MU in front of the "red retards" are in front

Reply #854509 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Stiendl with a groin issue so he's out for the rest of the game.

Reply #854510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cough.

Reply #854512 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So many injuries yet somehow we're close.

Reply #854513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff special

Reply #854514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who ever that African kid is who just turned over the ball is should be dragged. Totally selfish.

Reply #854515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cavolo, what is the difference between Gleeson yelling all game and Vickerman yelling all game?

Reply #854516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trev smash!

Reply #854517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you allowed to call a travel on United? Just wondering? Why the most stacked team in the history of the league needs so much help???

Reply #854518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Injuries the excuse tonight Perthworld? Ok when MU win at home pull out the home cooking card...

Reply #854519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Salty Perth fans. Love it.

Reply #854520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did Blanchfield make that shot?! Incredible

Reply #854521 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Anon 516.... either Vickerman isn't as loud as Gleeson, or from what I can observe, Vickerman is communicaitng to his team... Sure, every coach works the refs over, but Trev has always been next level and is just an embarrassment....

Kevin White.... currently -17 on court.... another embarrassment....

Reply #854522 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Gleeson works the ref like no other coach.

Reply #854523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it works. Because they're too weak.

Reply #854525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United moving screens giving him plenty of ammunition

Reply #854526 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

See Incredible the NBL tell us.

I'm seeing it right now. How are we even in this? Keven White is our starting PG.

Reply #854527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where are the White haters now? So fickle

Reply #854530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kevin White with the highest IQ play of the game

Reply #854531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen united reach in all night...

Reply #854532 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Perth will get a call the other end now.

Reply #854535 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

And he complains like a goose when White and Magnay both hack Landale... he seriously has no perspective.... Face palm....

Reply #854536 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

OMG

Reply #854538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gallant effort by the cats given the circumstances. Well played. Can't wait for game two.

Reply #854539 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

The United choke is on. Perth have half a squad left and they only win by 3.

Reply #854540 | Report this post

Hopscotch 55  
Years ago

Good game - have to respect Perth for that.
They had their chances too.
Last 3 or 4 plays needed a Blanchfield 3.

Reply #854541 | Report this post

Hopscotch 55  
Years ago

3 more free throws going in.. 3 less turnovers.. what might have been.

Reply #854543 | Report this post

Rompa Stompa  
Years ago

well done United. Won a game of 8 on 5 in Perth.

Reply #854544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will get smashed next game.

Reply #854545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic effort from Perth considering who they were missing. Controlled the tempo, made United play a scrappy game but unfortunately missed a couple of shots which could have been the difference.

Reply #854546 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

So proud of this team.

Reply #854547 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What a scrap at the end. United almost ran out the clock without Perth trying a thing before the fluke steal. On paper, the Cats had no business being within 10 points yet were a chance at OT.

Great finals campaign by Blanchfield so far.

Reply #854548 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

No cotton, Travers, norto hurt, steindle hurt and got within 3. Proud of the Cats. On to Sunday.

Reply #854549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won a game of 8 on 5 in Perth

Fuck off idiot.

Reply #854550 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

perth's system and scrappy nature will always keep them in it, hence why scrubs like K. White can get a game with them, especially with the advantage of a ravenous home crowd. Props to them for such, but I'm thinking United in 3....

Reply #854552 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know LV will be hiding in his basement so he won't see this post but this game alone disproves his theory that SEM were more of a threat to the title than Perth.

Reply #854553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You bunch of sad sacks saying at the start of the thread 3 nil.... Haha stick that up your bogan ass! But I suppose it's because of injuries and poor refs.. bring on game 2 you clowns

Reply #854554 | Report this post

Rompa Stompa  
Years ago

23 free throws to six.

Fuck off Anonymous idiot.

Reply #854556 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Shane Heal's prediction of this being an all-time worst series loss is already wrong after one game. What an absolute loser he is, and to think he's in the media.

Reply #854557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic game and finish
Love Gaze in commentary, Heverin good as well
On form Blanchfield is far better than Broekhoff
I'm from anyone but Perth but just have nothing but respect for and how they go about it. Hope they win the next game but not the series.
Goulding can play
Norton is one tough campaigner.

Reply #854559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some less-than-classy posts coming from both directions. As a United fan, well played to both teams. I enjoyed that much more than any game of either semi final series.

Reply #854561 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

Credit to Perth for disrupting United so effectively, and being so close at the end.

Reply #854564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld is proud LOL...

Reply #854565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most good players are better than Broekhoff.

Reply #854566 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Congrats to United. Too good.

But man.... I could barely be more proud of the Cats. To push it that close with no Cotton, no Travers, half a Norton, and then losing Steindl as well. Huge effort. What a team.

Reply #854569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wouldn't you be proud your team after that effort?

Reply #854570 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Perthworld is proud LOL...

... which seems to pain you greatly.

Reply #854571 | Report this post

Cats 4 life!  
Years ago

Love finals basketball! Proud of both teams United on the road with COVID and Perth undermanned and yet both teams put an unbelievable display of a game!

Perth had their chance but you need luck to win championships and unfortunately United had that this evening!

With Covid and everything you got to be proud of both teams how they went about their business!

Reply #854573 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Luuc is proud LOL...

Reply #854574 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Quit it guys! Stop being so proud or anon's head will explode not bring able to comprehend it.

Reply #854576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats fans - "really proud of the team tonight"
Anon dickheads - "lol salty Perf fans"

Reply #854578 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Feel like that was the Cat's best shot at a win. They looked absolutely wrecked at the end.
Could get ugly in game 2.

Reply #854579 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Perf were awesome, an incredible culture that was on full display tonight. Would have loved to see them get up, alas Melbourne too deep.

Not sure Perf can get back up for game 2 with their current situation, really needed that one to have a realistic chance. Another asterisk title for Melbourne on the way!

Reply #854581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld: Says at the start of the thread that Wildcats will win 3 nil.. then they lose the first game but he is proud? This is so good... what next ??

Reply #854582 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I never said that.

Reply #854583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld: Says at the start of the thread that Wildcats will win 3 nil..

He didn't say that. Can you not read?

Reply #854585 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Shit, sorry, I should have caught up on everything before posting.
I'm ashamed. The team is a disgrace and I'm burning my membership card because we are losers. Also I am salty af.

Reply #854587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol salty Luuuc fan

Reply #854590 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I'm so thirsty right now.

Reply #854593 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Unbelieveable effort by the cats. If they didn't turn the ball over so much and made their free throws it could have been a different result.

They threw absolutely everything at them and really needed to win that first game to have a chance this series i believe.

Reply #854596 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Perth looked cooked and with travers and steindl most likely out next game it would take something monumental to not lose by more than 10 on sunday

Reply #854597 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Damn, at least we left it all out there. Great game, feeling from both sides. Prob worse we were so close at the end. Steindl looks done, felt like Vickerman got some good rest into his team with Landale off for big chunks. Think we'd be gassed now especially cos of injuries. If Travers is back in on Sunday he'll have to pull a KD playoff game to get us back to 1-1.

Reply #854598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn, at least we left it all out there. Great game, feeling from both sides.

LOL salty

Reply #854600 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Not much margin for error against United. Need to be almost Perfect. We just couldn't Perform quite well enough. The defence got Perforated a bit too often and our execution was Perfunctory.

Reply #854601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol salty perfert!

Reply #854604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Piss Poor I say.

Reply #854605 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Was always going to be a close game, the doomsayers can rest knowing the top two teams are going to provide a series worthy of top two sides.

Expect more close games, the NBL has never been better

Reply #854608 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

A very good perspective from you KET - overall it was a really enjoyable game and hopefully the battle continues to be a competitive one.

Reply #854609 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

That was a gutsy effort by Perth. Down 3 players yet competed until the last second. Respect.

Perth were probably the better team for the majority of the game. But when you lack fire-power, you need to be in control for most of the game to get a win. United only needed 5 or 10 minutes to break it open.

Reply #854611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tbh United should feel embarrassed for not dominating that game, on paper they should be absolutely punishing Perth.

Very proud of the effort by the Cats today, incredibly gutsy effort. Just goes to show how a great system, everyone playing their role, and a lot of heart means you can compete well no matter the circumstances.

Reply #854612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no way that any other team in the league, especially SEM, would have kept a GF that close missing two starters and a sixth man like Perth did.

Reply #854614 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Let's wait until the end of the series before comparing Perth and SEM.

Perth haven't beaten United yet. SEM did- by double figures.

Factoring injuries though I agree, great game by Perth tonight.

Reply #854615 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I thought we were cooked when United were up by 7 the first time, very surprised we hung in there.

Reply #854617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV, SEM were at full strength and United was missing Landale when they were beaten. If you aren't going to factor that in then you aren't being honest with yourself.

Reply #854619 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Landale played, but was fouled out. Different to not playing. He played about half his normal minutes actually- 14 compared to 28.

SEM beat United missing Sykes, Broekhoff and Gibson. Ie 2 starters and a bench rotation guy.

(United was without Hopson).

Reply #854621 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"Missing" Broekhoff to be technically correct, without Broekhoff

Reply #854623 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Wow, United had 17 more shots than us! Didn't realise that.

Reply #854627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's with the vitriol in this thread?

Perth did well with their injuries, United did well with a non-insignificant free throw disparity. Game itself was ugly, poor shooting from everyone bar Blanchfield.

Hard to see Perth winning from here but they'll continue to scrap. Still think it'll be 3 zip.

Reply #854628 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yeah the O boards killed us!! It seemed like every long rebound kept falling Uniteds way and guys like goulding and barlow only needed a bit of daylight on the perimeter and were deadly

Reply #854629 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

'What's with the vitriol in this thread?'

Seems like a common theme on hoops.

Was a fantastic game live, I forgot how loud the arena gets. Atmosphere was amazing, you could feel the crowd willing the cats shots in. Landale copper it from the crowd after his flop and he played up to it calling for the crows to keep it coming. Great game! Seeing lots of Twitter posts bitching about how bad the game was. Don't think it was for cats or United fans I would've thought.

Reply #854630 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

The other killer was our FT shooting, guys like Blanchfield and Norton uncharacteristically missing multiple shots.

Reply #854631 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Man that was close down the stretch. Found myself actually rooting for Perth in the fourth.

Good seeing Blanchfield's career come back. First time he's even remotely played in a system and role like that since the Townsville days. Good for him

Reply #854633 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Cracking Game, but also bloody frustrating.
Cats probably won (marginally) most of the game, except for that chunk of the 3rd quarter when MU ripped em a new one. 29 points in a GF, that's an exceptional quarter of basketball.

Perth plays to a system, and mostly it works, but we really needed to have a plan to stop Goulding and Landale. Mooney has been fantastic all season, but Landale has had the better of him in most of our encounters.

Ultimately 17 turnovers, and only 7 o-boards, is going to burn you.
And whilst Blanchfield was fantastic, flogging him for 35 minutes burnt us at the f/t line.

For all the about MU being "star-studded" you have to give full credit to both these teams for amazing seasons excelling with what they had.

I really wanted Perth to win these two games, because I thought that would have set the rest of the series up. I hope that Travers can bounce back for a win on Sunday, because at least that will push the series to 4 games.

Reply #854634 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Like pretty much everything this season, it threatened to be interesting but we ended up with the completely predictable result anyway.

Reply #854637 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Game 2 odds have opened roughly the same as Game 1, fatigue and even more injuries haven't been factored in it seems.

Reply #854638 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I note that GM1 had the same person miss a wide open shot close to the buzzer as they did earlier in the season... ;)

Reply #854640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor troll attempt.

Reply #854641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson a bench rotation guy? He's spent more time in his MG this season than on the court.

Reply #854642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was a fantastic on tv as well. Good tough, edge of the seats basketball.

The whole season has been fantastic.

Reply #854643 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Fun stat from @NBLFacts on twitter

Game one was the first Grand Final game played in NBL history which had no USA born players score at least 10-points in the match.
(115 Championship series games played in total)
#NBL21

Reply #854645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard funner stats.

Reply #854648 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Fair call. Extremely questionable choice of word by me there!

Reply #854650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see LV take over the NBL facts account for a day to see what he'd come up with.

Reply #854656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United got some great o boards because some of they shots they missed were really off. The 3q was were it all happened for Perth, multiple illegal screens, travels called as well as a collection of flops rewarded for United. If you remove the absolutely stupid fouls of Blanchfield shooting threes the free throw count was pretty similar, suggesting they called the game consistently in the paint. And those fouls on Blanchfield shooting threes were just stupid.

Reply #854658 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I've never seen a league where 3pt shooters get fouled so often than the last few years of the NBL. Players should get dragged for fouling the shooter, no real excuse except for lazy defence.

Reply #854676 | Report this post

Jojo5  
Years ago

collection of flops rewarded for United???

Reply #854706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was a single flop rewarded to either team? Not that I recall. (Yes Jock flopped but he still took a charge first)

Reply #854720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jock flopped, no cat dove when he backed them down.

Reply #854736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty obvious charge on Magnay if you're not part of the red army

Reply #854746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was also an obvious flop and he should have been T'ed up straight away.

Reply #854749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754