You
Years ago

How bad is Paul Welbourn???

I just want to know how bad people think Paul Welbourn is???

Topic #4873 | Report this topic

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

Don't hide behind a personal grudge posting as an Anonymous. Anyone who knows welby or has him umpire them knows he is one of the states top refs.

Don't come on here with a hidden agenda and think you find support.

People like you are destroying this sport, crawl back into your hole.

Reply #56094 | Report this post

TH  
Years ago

you best check yourself... (if your being serious) Paul is one of only a few refs left who u can actually talk to (on and off the court) and who isn't afraid to accept he's made a mistake - which rarely/never happens these days even though every ref makes mistakes.

i think he is one of the better refs around and comments like yours aren't necessary.

Reply #56097 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

I agree. Welbourne is a great ref. Has the common sense to explain calls when questioned, without slapping everyone with T's.

Reply #56099 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I agree also, however how do we know the poster was talking about Welby the Ref?

He may have meant how bad is Welby with Woman?

Reply #56101 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

I give Paul crap on and off the court but he is a very good ref. So I think you should not hide your name, even though I'm doing the same thing. I would never bag Paul in here only to his face.

Reply #56117 | Report this post

Nathan Durant  
Years ago

I think his dancing technique should go under further review, not his ability to referee basketball. See you on the 26th of Nov. Champ!!! Keep up the good work

Reply #56119 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

welbourne is that you trying to make a name for yourself by starting a thread about how bad you are??? That is the only explanation i can see for this otherwise meaningless pathetic thread. Sorry Paul you are not bad...maybe just a little off at times...like the rest of us.

Reply #56129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Paul is reading this, imsure he can figure out who it is.. who has he teched or turfed out lately..

Personally believe Paul is a good bloke and a good umpire..

Reply #56132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand why topics like this that personal attach someone are allowed. Yes, Paul is a great ref but why are topics allowed to grow to a potential slanging match at certain individuals.

Reply #56138 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

Paul is Great Ref. And the way that he helps jnr referee's is great to see to.

Paul is the only guy i know that could fall asleep in a full stadium of roaring fans, and not even sturrr.

Keep up to good work Welby!!!!!

Reply #56140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It all looks fairly positive to me. What comments are bothering you?

Reply #56141 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Because D**k heads like the person that started this topic choose too.

Isaac can't be expected to proof every friggen topic that tools like this person start. He does this for free and on his own time. Be grateful we even have this forum.

Reply #56142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats happening on the 26th Nov

Reply #56154 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think his twin brother Peter Welbourne is a terrible ref...

Reply #56156 | Report this post

Ali t  
Years ago

Welbourne is a champion ref. got plenty of time for him

Reply #56258 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

You have my support Welby you are difinately one of the only refs who can actually be talked to on the court and cop a little chat without losing the plot and throwing everyone out of the game!!!
you're a gun big fella and sounds like everyone agrees!!!

Reply #56290 | Report this post

mister x  
Years ago

the other good thing about welby is he doesn't hold a grudge against players &/or coaches.
keep up the good work mate.

Reply #56906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is this the wellbourne fan club

Reply #56913 | Report this post

Meaks  
Years ago

I was thinking the same thing!!! Maybe someone should start an new post "How good is Paul Welbourn??"

Reply #56948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love panther's comment... absoloute gold! Many people wouldn't have understood the comment.

Reply #56952 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Paul Welbourn is a great friend of mine.

Paul is one of the best refs in the state! He can talk to anyone, calls a spade a spade and he admits when he's wrong and made a mistake!

Paul is willing to help any up and coming refs. When I have been UIC at Pasadena, and I have Paul Welbourn, I don't need to worry about the game. I know that Paul will look for not only the benefit of the coaches and players, but also for his fellow ref!

Reply #56980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you call a spade matt?

Reply #56987 | Report this post

He got game ***  
Years ago

A SPADE IS NOT QUITE A FORK. LOL

Reply #56991 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

Isn't it splade???
Go The Welby fan club! Great job anonymous for starting the thread, it's people like you that get the positive comments about referees started. I just hope for your sake that nobody finds out who you really are, judging by this thread it appears there would be a lot of people after you.
Sucked In :)

Reply #57870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is a spork and a splade the same thing?

Reply #57871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO WELBOURN!! You are a champ and i think it has been proven - no negative comments on this page - anywhere.

Reply #59556 | Report this post

Buzzcutter  
Years ago

Still no negative comments and Paul's still a top bloke and excellent ref.

Reply #406359 | Report this post

Wasn't he also involved in the building of the aquaducts, ...and the roads, dont forget the roads...ohh and medicine, and.....

Reply #406401 | Report this post

Wasn't he also involved in the building of the aquaducts, ...and the roads, dont forget the roads...ohh and medicine, and.....

Reply #406403 | Report this post

sorry about the re-post. Computer literacy prblems!

Reply #406404 | Report this post

And editing/spelling

Reply #406405 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:40 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754