Curtley
Years ago

Thon Maker tweet

Kung Fu Thon recently tweeted:

"Obviously I'd love to be playing for our country right now but I have to make this difficult decision to focus on my career and not play in the #Olympics. That said, I’ll be supporting our guys and will be there in spirit as we take home the gold. #GoBoomers"

He is implying he was offered a spot and knocked it back. Is that #fakenews?

NBA execs probably don't know anything about who was and wasn't picked on boomers squad, so maybe it's a clever ploy.

Topic #48731 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goorj had him as 1 of the 12 but he couldnt commit.
I think he should've played and proved his worth again

Reply #854328 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Is this one of those coach gives hint hint about the likely outcome prompting an "I have decided to"?

Reply #854330 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Disappointed we won't be seeing anymore fly kicks though :(

Where’s Bolden these days?

Reply #854331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolden is heavily involved in cryptocurrency.

Reply #854332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As flattered as I would be if Scarlett johanssen asked me out i would have to decline at this stage as it would interfere with my world of Warcraft schedule

Reply #854337 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

^ gold

Reply #854340 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Not sure why this is so unbelievable? Yes he has been a bust in the NBA, but a versatile 7 footer who has played (and fought) for the Boomers in the past would be pretty handy in any squad.

Reply #854342 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bolden is heavily involved in cryptocurrency.

Hopefully he isn't betting on himself.

Reply #854344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good result for Australia, I'm yet to see anything worthy of selection.

Reply #854345 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not sure why this is so unbelievable?

Because it's likely complete BS and PR spin to try and save face. Thon desperately needs to improve his stock he's at the crossroads in his career and one big way of doing that if you haven't played club ball virtually all season is via international hoops and there is no bigger stage than the Olympics.

Reply #854347 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

IMO the fly kick was worthy

Best of luck to the bloke though, hopefully see him in the Comm Games squad

Reply #854349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There isn't going to be 5x5 at Comms. Only 3x3

Reply #854354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be missed, goorj would be gutted.
Nice guy too, hope he can back to the prime time.

Reply #854355 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Regardless of whether it was his decision or not, its a shame he won't be there. He'd offer something we don't really have elsewhere. Hope he can work his way into a good situation whether that is back in the NBA or in Europe, or even the NBL. The guy needs to be playing somewhere.

Reply #854359 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

So he wants to focus on his career by continuing to not play? Interesting choice there, Thon!

I also will forgo my date with Scarlett Johannsen

Reply #854366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac on the money.

Reply #854372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how two guys who are well known around the traps to have fudged their real age, can't get a game anywhere? If they were their age they claimed to be, they would be in their primes. Instead they are guys that have seemingly unfulfilled their potential, when in reality, Father Time has caught up and is still undefeated.

Reply #854381 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#381 has nailed it, these players simply lied about their ages.

Hopefully for their sake Maker et al saved the money they otherwise would have never earned for an early (at least on paper) retirement from pro sport. Although it is hard to sympathise with cheats.

Reply #854407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon deserves respect. He suited up when others didn't in other series. He used his kung fu skills to protect the boomers against the Phillipines.

He has my respect.

Reply #854423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#423 lmao.

Reply #854426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if it was himself that wrote it or Ed?

Reply #854428 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Firstly, keep in mind that Maker has been a victim of Ed Smith. This creep preys on illiterate immigrants and cons then into signing over custody of their kids. It's actually really sick and deplorable. He wouldn't actually get away with it in the USA, which is why he finds his victims in Australia, and uses Canada to get them ready for the draft. So Maker has been guided every step of the way by Smith, since he was a teen.

I'd also say that a 260 game career is hardly a failure.

I've no idea whether Goorj was even considering him, but his comments about his career ring true. Having played only 8 games for Cleveland before being dumped, any prospects of furthering his NBA career are hanging by a thread. At this point, nobody in the NBA gives a shit whether or not he plays for Australia. He's got to do the rounds and try to find somebody to give him a shot at a Training Camp, or at Summer-League if any such event happens.

Thon is a genocide survivor, who should be applauded for what he's accomplished, not constantly torn down by bitter jealous little men.

Reply #854429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac and Me you guys are morons. leave THON alone.

Reply #854430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#854430 Add perthworld to the list.

Reply #854431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many racist idiots here. Shame on you

Reply #854433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The age joke is so lame.

Reply #854435 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Scarlett just called. Apparently due to all the above mentioned dropouts I have been offered the Jason Cadee role.

Reply #854439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sitting on the end of the bench is counted as a game yes, I'd say his game time would be very small.

This has nothing to do with racism, it’s an opinion that he is not very good and people have been conned, good luck to him though, he probably got few million tucked away if smith never got his hands on it.

Reply #854462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is that racist?

Reply #854474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ME said something like this , " I consider Delly as a lock for the team irrespective of his playing situation because he is a culture guy "

So in other word, Delly will still be a lock even if he had not played for a year. The same leniency is not applied on players like Thon and Dante ? Why the double standards, just because they are black ?

Reply #854501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No.

Watch delly and understand the game, then re think that question.

An opinion of someone of a race other than white, isn't racist.

Reply #854529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh green is better than Delly

Reply #854572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#433 call out all racist
To anyone that thinks Maker isn't good.

Reply #854599 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"Sitting on the end of the bench is counted as a game yes, I'd say his game time would be very small."

It actually doesn't. 263 games played at 14mpg. Not that tough to find this info out either, champion!

Reply #854622 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

All love and respect for all that he said, I mean we can debate whether we want him in the squad or not but we want him to show that he cares as opposed to some of whom we question their loyalty to Australia and the Boomers.

Reply #854828 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754