Anonymous
Years ago

Are NBA players who make the finals available for Olympics?

I'm thinking Ingles, Simmons, Thybulle etc.

Topic #48737 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Technically, yes. The finals end a day before the Olympics and they can potentially make the trip and play the next day so long as they're named in the team. But practically, players in the finals series may struggle to cross over to the Olympic team if it's a 7 game series. I would expect Ingles to turn his life upside down to play. But if it's a 7 game series with Simmons, I doubt he will do the same.

Reply #854671 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I'm even a little bit worried Ben might shit the Olympics after his showing in the finals. He might be so ego checked that he might need time to recover and actually try and fix/mend some of his play issues. Given the time until the next season kicks off I would be upset but totally understand.

Reply #854675 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Nah I wouldn't "totally understand". I'd just stop really seeing his as a potential Boomer at that point. Might not be any skin off his nose and I am sure he'll fall ass backwards into his money and survive my lowered opinion of him, but I wouldn't just understand. He'd be in Bolden territory for me.

Reply #854678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he backs out, he'll never be forgiven.

Reply #854681 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Let's not forget Ben missed the 2019 world cup to "work on his game" and came back to the NBA with the same broken three point shot he always had.

I think Ben is make or break for the Boomers medal chances. He can either do his part and help see off the veterans with something shiny or he can make it all about himself, "work on his game" and then come back to the NBA with precisely the same deficits he ended this season with. The choice is his.

Reply #854682 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Yep, his choice. He's not in a situation like many who owe something to BA so I’ll survive regardless of whether he dons the jersey.

Reply #854689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah yes I'm sure Simmons will be heart broken knowing a couple of forum posters no longer think he should play for the boomers.

In all seriousness tho I wouldn’t blame him for sitting out (even tho I’d like for him to play). The NBA season ran longer and started earlier with a condensed season that naturally anyone would want extra rest (as seen with Jokic) especially when you throw in the fact that players in the playoffs are going even deeper and thus will be even more spent.

The issue with him personally however will be if he says he needs to rest then fine, however if he says he’s "working on his game" then that’s the same thing we’ve been hearing for the last 3 off seasons with nothing to show and that in terms of not just the boomers but 76ers as well is concerning that he’s basically got all the athletic gifts in the world plus the play making, but shows now desire to even make a free throw.

Reply #854690 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

Ben won't play and he also won't give a shit.

Reply #854691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry no^ desire

Reply #854693 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

See what he does but I've gone from being pretty sure, if healthy, that he'd play to somewhere around 50/50

Reply #854695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Ingles about to lose.

Reply #854696 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Welcome to Boomers camp Joe!

Reply #854698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Inglis looking slow, at least gets a few weeks rest.

Reply #854699 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

The only question marks now are Simmons and Thybulle. Interesting question though, if we dont get Simmons could we potentially still get Thybulle?

Reply #854701 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

81 points in the 2nd half. Great D there, Utah!

Reply #854702 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Stoked that Ingles is available.
Simmons is more believe it when I see it deal.

Reply #854707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

America don't even know who's going to play apart from a few that's said their available. Calling it now that they won't even medal.

Reply #854763 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Simmons now available.
Let's see if he plays.

Reply #855229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

USA have lillard, green, Tatum, Beal, durant, booker so far

Reply #855232 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

For the love of god Simmons, jump on that plane to Tokyo.

Your team is finished, you get a moment of rest, get yourself psyched for Olympics.

Reply #855234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lillard/?
Booker/Beal/?
Durant/Tatum
Green/?/?
C/?

Reply #855238 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Simmons should be on the plane to Los Angeles for Boomers training camp in three days' time. Hopefully!

Reply #855246 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754