3. Forestville (2)
4. Norwood (7)
5. North (6)
6. Woodville (3)
7. Centrals (9)
8. West (4)
9. South (8)
10. Eastern (10)

Bit of interest on last week's preview based on results. Got Norwood result right, but not many would have taken Southern to beat Sturt. I put my hand up for thinking they might be a pretender, but unless things really go bad, they will be in the mix finals time. Might be controversial putting them above Forestville who had a big win, but let's face it, playing Eastern is really the bye week, even though someone got a bit feisty when someone had a crack in last week's comments.. It's just unfortunate that they simply don't have the talent level, distance being a factor in that as well as smaller junior numbers. Hopefully players looking for playing time should look at what Southern are doing, majority of their contribitors finally getting a shot and making the most of it.
Disappointed in West, just when I think they're on track they maybe produce one of the worst 1st quarters in recent history. If anyone listens to Greenberg and Dakich podcast on ESPN, they'll know what I mean when I'm throwing a sock at them. I think I might make that a weekly thing, most disappointing team or player gets a sock thrown at them. Hulland with a dishonorable runner up this week. I think I saw Centrals were up 22-2 when scrolling through live scores, thought that must be wrong then tuned into West literally throwing the ball into the oppositions hand nearly every possession. Mounted a mini comeback in 3rd, but like dogecoin after Elon Musk on SNL, they've dropped like a lead balloon and will take me a long time to trust them again.
Watched last 4 or so minutes of Norwood Woodville game and had planned to watch it again. I think Jacobs hardly got a shot up apart from a layup, from memory one was big rejection, then after timeouts he hardly touched it. It could be selective memory, but if he's as highly touted you'd want him to be making plays, is it his fault or coach. Or is he taking tips from Ben Simmons. But was a big win for flames to keep them in finals contention. Young Moses playing a big role off the bench. And did I see a bit of obvious chatter from Webber to Standbridge when he was shooting foul shots late.
Lookout league, North has its hired guns back. (Dont get angry north fans, I know other teams are paying and importing players, it's just a turn of phrase, no offence meant) Purchase and Hulland nullified each other, both putting up shocking numbers. And I mean shocking!!! Extra depth with Verne and Jimma coming off the bench for instant offence will probably make them title favourites if a) they make finals and b)how they go in coming weeks against better opposition. Maybe Johns could have made a bit off a difference, but North also probably took foot off accelerator in second half. As for South, whatever they're paying Starling, he earning every cent. Can imagine how frustrating it must be each week. Pity we can't get a microphone into South timeouts, so so interested in what's being said.
I think Forestville should probably have kept second spot, bit harsh on a team winning by 35, but big effort knocking off previously undefeated team by Southern. If I'm going to get knocked for that, fair enough. Only interesting thing I saw about Eastern game was the Big Rig getting no minutes. Late scratching or some disharmony for the guy maverick fans say is their heart and soul. Maybe someone can elaborate further, without trolling.
I think top 3 are in for finals and North luckily being within striking distance to make it 4. That means only one out of Norwood, Woodville and South will get through. Be some interesting committee meetings at end of season for at least 2 of those.

Topic #48757 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a bad summary. I personally would have North in front of Norwood. Beat Norwood last round and was higher on last weeks rating. Both beat top 5 teams with North probably more convincing. Doesn't matter too much as things will shake out over next several weeks

Reply #855659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour doing rounds is that Starling is injured and will miss games. Any truth to this?

Reply #855671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't know what everyone is seeing but Big Rig isn't playing for Mavs - not even on the bench - Kane is on the bench not even suited up so he must be injured.

Reply #855687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling took a few big hits last season - so wouldn't be surprised if he's injured.

Reply #855694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last weekend...was meant to say

Reply #855695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heart and soul player, absolutely right
Only crime he's guilty of is caring too much
His body is banged up and he’s frustrated but the Big Rig will be back, bigger & badder than ever
God bless the Man.

Reply #855697 | Report this post

Nbl1CentralWoj  
Years ago

Looking at box score from Forestville game, says big rig was on bench with 0 minutes. That's all I was going on and I think that's what the official scorers go by. Dont think they're trying to get an extra game for him to qualify for finals if he's injured.
As for Starling, guy played through injuries before. So if he's sitting out he's either really really injured or cbf.

Reply #855700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Rig has left the building. Not at Mavs anymore

Reply #855709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All good Woj
Not sure of Rigs current playing status
He isn't for everyone and that’s ok, he definitley isn’t your typical little ass kissing BSA Weasel
His team mates and Mavs fans love him and the NBL1 Central comp is better when he’s fit and firing
Hope he’s back soon

Reply #855710 | Report this post

NBL1CentralWoj  
Years ago

Am also interested to how Cromarty got a dnp according to boxscore but then drops 27 in reserves last night. Miraculous recovery within 3 days or what's going on.

Reply #855741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling out for rest of season!!!

Reply #855778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Severe case of Pettyitis???

Reply #855785 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

Broken wrist

Reply #855880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North without Purchase again now. Back down the rankings they go.

Reply #855884 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754