NBL MAN
Years ago

Are Purchase and Dufelmeier Jack Jumpers bound?

Both playing for Hobart Chargers NBL1!

Topic #48767 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers should have signed Purchase!

Reply #855841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They certainly need some good news, I'd say Dufelmeier is a big chance and Purchase is auditioning. Both bench guys.

Reply #855842 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon 42# free agency hasn't even started.

Judge their signings when they announce them, so many pre emptive righteous posters.

I'll judge them once they have made their announcements not before

Reply #855848 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

I don't know how the JJ are going to fit every rumoured player to their roster.
Dufelmeier has talent but Purchase not so much.

Reply #855850 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Yep all rumours at this stage, good to have a discussion though.

TBH looking forward to free agency starting.

Reply #855851 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

That's funny Jack Purchase signed with North Adelaide last week?

Reply #855859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout, Kay and Moller have already said no, they would have been two very nice pieces.

Reply #855863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay to Japan, Moller to Germany, Mathiang also staying in Europe.

Reply #855864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purchase actually played for North Adelaide last week.

Reply #855870 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #864 - yep they were after Kay (as were other NBL clubs) but he went to Japan - agree he would have been a good signing, understand the Chargers were after Moller - do not think the Jackjumpers were - again he has gone to another country not an NBL club.

Lot to play out yet, if you are having a crack for not signing Kay have a crack at Perth as well as I am sure they were after him as well. There will be one or two returning from Europe / college, three imports along with some starters from other clubs it is intriguing.

As I said wait until free agency and some signings are made, I will judge them then.

Reply #855891 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

apologies - meant anon #863 .....to many of you lot!

Reply #855895 | Report this post

NBL  
Years ago

yea but he signed in Hobart i think north adl was during the time with 36ers

Reply #855898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is in Hobart now! Playing tomorrow night Vs Braves.

Reply #855902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ made Moller an offer, they got Stewart to ring his agent to try and convince him, German offer was much better. Kings were very keen on keeping him. It is what it is I suppose.

Reply #855910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullshit.

Reply #855972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#910 source on that info about Moller otherwise it's just another anonymous post with 0 substance

Reply #856177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As I said, bullshit. You seriously think the Jj's would get Stewart to ring Mollers agent and not do it themselves?
Moller wanted a lot of money. When not on offer Moller quickly moved on.

Reply #856181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It ain't bull shit. Stewart talked about Moller a few weeks back saying he had lot big decisions to make. Go back and look at the interview. He did ring Mollers agent.

Reply #856185 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon # 185 think you putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 482.

Move on - any insight into marquee or any other potential signings?

Reply #856191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ did ring Moller, they wanted Stewart to reinforce what's happening here. Stewart clearly talked about it in his interview, next time you see him ask him.

Reply #856195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did ring Mollers agent. About Chargers stuff!

Reply #856204 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#Stewiegate

Reply #856205 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Anon #195 Stewie is about 10 feet away from me.

He is a tad busy though - coaching the Chargers and up by 20.

Reply #856221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So whose box are you freelancing in tonight Scout? ;) black beetle I am guessing to be that close.

Reply #856234 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Chargers lead down to 13 with 5 to go, it was close to a 30 point lead. Chargers have not finished it off.

Reply #856241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout ask him.

Reply #856242 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

freelancing - ha!

Reply #856253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mainland chargers were good tonight

Reply #856263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure were and so were the locals!!! Guess you weren't there and see how well the locals players. Piss off with your negativity. Take it to the Knox thread where Wetzell and Te Rangi have signed. Clearly an agenda there. Did you miss out on a coaching job Chris?

Reply #856288 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Richards pawson young big drop in minutes for the mainland chargers last night . I would like to know who they have developed over the last 5 years . Div 1 college aus teams etc

Reply #856317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ask the same question of every other NBL1 Coach then. Whats your point?
11 of 12 players scored. These are local kids yet you expect them to go to college? Not are all destined for that path. Clearly some bad trolling.

Reply #856323 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I get your point but remember that every college kid is a local. That's no reason for your locals not to achieve similar.

As you wrote, "Not are all destined for that path."

Reply #856326 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Think the troll is a local basketball 'identity' who likes to think he is 'the man', continually refers to the past, and currently feels underappreciated.

Reply #856327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a great name mainland chargers . 4 of the starting 5 are big money imports so with that talent you probably wouldn’t need a Trevor Gleeson to coach them . They would be good to watch

Reply #856371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big name imports, lmao. You are a wanker go away.

Reply #856374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's leave the troll alone. Clearly some axe to grind. Pointless if they won't so it face to face with management.

Reply #856378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Het to the cockwomble who is dogging on the Chargers. How about you look at the Geelong Supercats if you want to be an arsehole and nit pick about team make up.

Supercats have 4 NBL UNITED players in their roster now. So piss off and stfu.

Reply #856405 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

The troll does display a degree of insecurity.

If he can not enjoy watching the local team with local kids as part of that team do well he needs to get a life.

He continually has a crack at the coach implying that he would do better, fairly pathetic really.

I admit I have pointed out Stewie's strength in identifying and recruiting talent was his greatest skill but the Chargers are in a good position now before Purchase and Dufulmeyer came on board.

Reckon if it was a team he coached he would sub a kid if he was getting to confident.

Reply #856409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart can coach, he has the runs on the board, head coaches need to know their x and o but they have to mesh it all together which is Stewart real strength, tough and fair, listens to advice but makes the call.

Stewart obviously didn't pick him or his kid at some time so the anon thinks he’s trying to drag him down.

Reply #856413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes. Yet again the tall poppy syndrome. Stewart has played almost 500 NBL games, crap loads of seabl games and a lesser crap load of games in the local competitions across Australia. He most certainly can coach at SEABL/NBL1 level extremely well and is a fantastic recruiter and a lot of these recruitments come from his basketball connections over a long career.
Yet some cockwomble with blinkers on decides to troll the Chargers. Piss off. Stick to local league if you even play or coach. Piss off.
If you want locals to play and follow them follow the Albury Bandits, or the Lady Chargers. See what I did there? Just locals don't cut it. No bums on seats and therefore no club. Get it? O did I say Piss off? /out

Reply #856421 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

Reckon it is all about insecurity and lack of recognition with the troll.

Twenty years ago he might have coached a couple of players who went on to representative basketball - apparently, that was all because of him. It wasn't recognised and now he has it in for the Chargers and Anthony Stewart.

Reply #856429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the troll on fire? I could save it but I wouldn't waste my piss. Love to know what local failure it is.

Reply #856449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is Stewart's role with the jackjumpers did I read he’s a assistant?

Reply #856455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure he's part of jackjumpers I guess it’s a professional league compared to nbl1 huge jump . Must be a reason as he’s had success at the chargers

Reply #856456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart not in JJ, total shame.

Reply #856458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ is it?

Reply #856460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone that knows about basketball and had anything to do with Stewart knows it's a shame.

Reply #856466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart is a member of the JJ's Bloodlines group. That is all.

Reply #856483 | Report this post

Scout  
Years ago

JJ's still have two Assistant Coaches to announce (Roth said they will be announced in the coming weeks) while it is more likely to be one from OS and one from a current NBL team it still could be Stewie.

I would be happy with him being involved, he would value add.

Reply #856505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart no chance

Reply #857012 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Why would Roth accept a Tassie favourite son and rival for that HC job in Stewart as an assistant? I highly doubt it.

Reply #857015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stewart is probably better sitting back and seeing how it all plays out.

Reply #857019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His sniping and off court sooking doesn't fit the lk model of professionalism i would imagine

Reply #857025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scout let it go

Reply #857028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#025, is that Gleeson, Vickerman, or all coaches you are talking about. Stewart time will come.

Reply #857036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754