D2.0
Years ago

Kevin White Respect

Even before last season, I thought he was done.

When the Cats signed him, I had three thoughts:
1) WTF?
2) WTAF?
3) Maybe he's a placeholder???

Not only has he played a crucial role for the Cats, and played some very good minutes during the season, but he stood up massively when it counted.

He'll be mostly remembered for his time with the Kings & Illawarra, and as captain of the Hawks, but massive Kudos and Respect to this guy.
Helped the Wildcats salvage a little pride from this series.

I don't know what the plans are for next season, but a team wanting a leader could do worse.

RESPECT

Topic #48777 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Every time a three point shot leaves his hand it's a make or it's off the side of the backboard.

Jokes aside, agree with your words 100% as far as this season goes.

Reply #856296 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Or an airball, don't forget the airball.

Reply #856298 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

He won me over as season progressed.

Reply #856301 | Report this post

JB  
Years ago

He certainly played himself into a new contract in the NBL!

Reply #856303 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Kevin White is a great guy. Never gave up. Kevin has been on the unlucky side sadly. Does deserve a championships but sadly championships aren't given.

Reply #856305 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I always felt like he was a Bevo guy as he was starting mainly for his defence, not sure about his ball handling and decision making still but I'm happy to have him shooting the 3 more so than I was with Damo or even Jarrod Kenny and I wasn't sure about that watching his form for 36ers.

Good luck to him, I'd hardly say he deserves a title but he deserves an opportunity to fight for another season.

I watched this game tonight thinking of Le'afa and how he and Duffelmeir were the buzz fresh faces out of contract throughout the season and how Perth felt like they were missing that spark off the bench... I still don't think he is a back up point guard and prefer him like Bevo used him at the Hawks and at the wildcats would this mean that Wani doesn't get a new contract? Would having him as Cotton's backup be the worst thing for him?

A lot has been said on here regarding White in Adelaide but is he a good locker room guy or not?

What mad Monday costume will he wear this season?

Reply #856308 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

If it took this season to win you over then you don't understand the game.

Reply #856312 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Astounding effort

Always hustled hard and played solid D but never the most reliable jumper

But will now forever be remembered as "that guy who played his best basketball ever as a 34 year old in a Grand Final series"

Reply #856316 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Career 31% 3P shooter, typically gets no respect from the D

Shoots 9 from 18 from outside over 3 games

I guess its not that astounding really, but it certainly astounded me!

Reply #856318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you know anything about the guy and his history he will always give 100%.
Pleased to see that Respect for White acknowledged. Well done Dazz. Unlike others.

Reply #856319 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The stat about never scoring double digits in 275 games is the one I'll remember though. Just did it 3 times in a row

Reply #856320 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

#NBL21 delivering big surprises right to the end
- Kev stepping up big time in the playoffs as the casualties mounted around him
- D2.0 posting something good on Hoops

#ExpectTheUnexpected

Reply #856322 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I know its a bit of a backhanded compliment but you have to take the good with the bad with Kev. If only he could somehow tidy up some of the bone head turnovers he commits once or twice a game and he'd be a very solid back up point guard. Does some really good things on D and stepped up to run the point when Norton was out. But sometimes you just tear your hair out with the soft turnovers. He can undo some of his good work because of this. I think he deserves to be retained for another season and Gleeson seems to be getting the best out of him.

Reply #856341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, quality coaches Gleeson, Bevo, get the best out of players, they understand character and players weak and strong points.

Well done Kevin.

Reply #856343 | Report this post

Three to Make Two  
Years ago

I know people who know Kevin off the court and, to use that well-worn cliche, he is a quality bloke of the court. They were upset when he got cut to the point they didn't renew their membership (but did come to Adelaide games!)

Reply #856876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754