PyroCross
Years ago

William McDowell-White.. back to the Breakers! Oh.

I've seen Olgun report it this afternoon and the Breakers have announced it on Facebook.

I'm super confused with this signing. He's definitely a 1 and he can guard 1s in this league. Is he enough on O to be a starting PG in the NBL? Unlikely (which is worrying as unless you're Damian Martin, you need an offensive threat to win an NBL 'ship). That means we need an import, ball-dominant 2-guard, but then what happens to Corey Webster? What minutes is Dieng expecting, and/or getting?

Also hearing they're working through re-signing Randolph - so it could look something like:

Import* / Loe
Delany / Local
Import* / Abercrombie / Galloway
Randolph* / Webster / Bach
McDowell-White / Dieng (NS)

Hmm..

Topic #48782 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Please know basketball before posting. Cheers.

Dieng is a sf/pf
Galloway is a pf
Wmw likely backs up tai or an import pg.

Reply #856399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fixed.

Import* / Loe
Delany / Galloway
Abercrombie / Dieng
Randolph* / Webster / Bach
Webster or import / McDowell-White

Reply #856400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'4 T.Webster 1-2
6’2 C.Webster 2-1
6’5 Wmw 1-2
6’4 Bach 2
6’6 Randolph 2-3
6’6 Abercrombie 3-2-4
6’8 Dieng 3-4-1-2
6’7 Delaney 4-3
6’8 Galloway 4-5
6’11 Loe 5-4
Import 5

6’7 Davidson 3 dp

Reply #856402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very good signing, not all point guards are score first. Nz should be good if they can get home court advantage.

Reply #856404 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'm happy Shamir is looking for some roster continuity.
Bach & WMW & Randolph will do well with a season under their belts.
Not sure Tai is back unless Europe is still having Covid issues, NZ have said they weren’t sure they could bring back both WMW & T.Web

Reply #856415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The experts creating a topic based on their non expertise at "coaching" Then followed by the "true experts". Hilarious.

Reply #856416 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Tai doesn't play a winning brand of basketball. I wouldn't want him as my starting PG.

Not to say they won't succeed next season if he comes back, but I don't like his game.

Reply #856417 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Not a fan of either Webster brother, really. They don't play the right way

Reply #856418 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The Tall Blacks the last few years have only gone as well as Corey has gone. Both brothers have always played their hearts out for their country.

Reply #856431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who knows the game could see the breakers were better off with the Webster brothers focused on scoring not running the team. Once they moved them to the wing and said just focus on scoring they looked much better. IQ is important from the PG position and MW has a better feel for running a team then both brothers. If they do get a import Pg he's a perfect back up in this league and a capable started. Melbourne’s Mitch slotted In just fine and please don’t tell me Perth’s Mitch is a big time scorer whoever said you need a scoring PG to win this league clearly hasn’t been paying attention.

Reply #856482 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Corey's passing game especially with Iverson was elite last season.
Tai’s turnovers let him down big time. Fun player to watch when he was getting to the rack.

Reply #856486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tai's free throws were horrible as well. One Webster is enough.

Reply #856499 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ could even play both Webster brothers at SG with an Import PG & WMW as back up.
Randolph & Abercrombie at SF, Delaney & Galloway at PF.
An Import C that's athletic 6.10" with wingspan and Loe on the bench.

More likely that Tai heads back to Europe and is replaced with an Import.

Reply #856534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:50 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754