Zodiac
Years ago

Kouat Noi re-signs with Taipans, 2 years

The first year guaranteed, the second year a mutual option.

https://twitter.com/CairnsTaipans/status/1408666767522623489

Topic #48783 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not great imo unless he's a budget player. Kelly had trouble with him only playing one end of the floor, missed lots games due to injuries in both his seasons.

Reply #856408 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I'm surprised he was wanted.

He struck me as someone trying hard to get himself to the NBA, where defence isn’t valued and so not worth playing for scouts.

I’m not even sure he’s up to NBL standard - he’s tall and mobile but light in body, skills, judgement and heart. I hope he proves me wrong this season, as I want Cairns to do well and they can’t afford dead wood.

Reply #856420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado/Dufelmeier
King/Djeric
Noi/Ngatai
Deng/
Import/Jawai

Import 3/4 needed
I think blagojevic is signed
Krslovic n Jois fa
Kenny gone imo

Reply #856423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aim for..

Machado/Dufelmeier
King/Djeric
Import G/F (newbill type)
Noi/Ngatai
Deng/Krslovic
Gak
Import C/Jawai

Jois n blagojevic cut imo

Reply #856426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After his rookie season I think people were pleased, feel good story of battlers making finals, Noi showing a lot of promise, should really step it up in second year after getting feet wet.
But this season for him personally was like Cairns overall, very disappointing. Didn't really improve his deficiencies and often went missing when they especially needed him. Cairns were probably biggest loser in going back to 2 imports because of depth. Hopefully he can come back and with new coaching staff, somehow get his dream of making NBA back on track.
Good deal for Cairns, now they have to strike gold again in import(s), Oliver won't be back.

Reply #856436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nba dream, they all have that, doesn't mean jack. Again a media pet, I’ll be watching to see if he earns it.

Reply #856443 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754