Marty
Years ago

Seven names Tokyo 2020 Basketball Commentary Team

(Report from Mediaweek Morning Report - Mon June 28)

Slam Dunk: Seven adds Andrew Bogut for Tokyo 2020 Olympic coverage

Bogut will join fellow Boomers great Andrew Gaze and caller John Casey.
Bogut will join fellow Boomers great Andrew Gaze and leading basketball caller John Casey to cover the men's basketball in Tokyo for Seven.

Bogut said he believed the Boomers could finally breakthrough next month to claim their first Olympic medal.

"It’s great to be part of the Seven commentary team for the upcoming Olympic Games in Tokyo. The Boomers have a great chance to medal and I’m excited to see how they go while calling the games with Andrew Gaze and John Casey," he said.

Topic #48794 | Report this topic

Marty  
Years ago

Great trio for mine

- John Casey : The best Aussie basketball caller there is .. period.

- Andrew Gaze : Fresh off coaching that nail biting gold medal win for the "Roomers" it would not be Boomers at the Olympics without him

- Andrew Bogut : a voice of authority

If they get the chemistry right we should be in for a treat.

Reply #856662 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Authority.

Reply #856665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, great to Bogut there, the other two select themselves.

Reply #856666 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Excellent news

Reply #856672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut by the end will be asking where the fiba headquarters are again.

Reply #856673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad they have Bogut paired with Casey, should be a good combination if they get their chemistry right.

Reply #856677 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

Glad to see Casey get a run, clearly the best going around at the moment. Still can't believe he was restricted to sideline commentator for NBL

Reply #856680 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Are they going, or calling from a desk here?

Reply #856683 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze : Fresh off coaching that nail biting gold medal win for the "Roomers" it would not be Boomers at the Olympics without him

Finally the Broomers get a mention on here, even though misspelt, after their heroic buzzer-beating gold medal win vs. Team USA.

On a more serious note I wonder if Bogut will tone it down in commentary?

Reply #856689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bogut" Oh good I get to listen to conspiracy theories and whining about Daniel Andrews while watching Australia play

Reply #856693 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Can we get Liz Cambage in there as well?

I think that would improve the domestic dynamics.

Reply #856700 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Marty, I believe Gaze recently won gold with the 'Broomers'

Reply #856703 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Bogut is a great basketball mind and should be full of insights for us all at the games. Pretty happy with that commentary team.

Reply #856712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really don't understand why the Aussie basketball community drools over Casey's robotic commentary.

He's solid, but nothing special. I guess the state of Australian sports commentary is such that he might be one of the better ones.

Reply #856737 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"something, something something, non preferred left hand, something something".

Yeah, I think John Casey benefits from the fact that most Aussie basketball commentators are irritating as hell. Nothing special but he doesnt induce suicidal ideation from listening to him so, that makes him one of the greatest of all time I guess?

Reply #856739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heveran is the future, was excellent this season, works in well with the experts and doesn't think he knows more than them.

Reply #856742 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The love for John Casey seems to be fading.

At his height there was a drinking game developed on here and isaac even created a "John Casey Bingo" website.

We used to embrace his predictability. Every (Big) Wednesday and Saturday night hearing the sentence-closing-just-before-cut-to-ad-break "... on Fox Sports" would cause a shiver down my spine.

Reply #856749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No homicide!? Hahaha nah this is a solid lineup.

Reply #856752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homocide is doing 3x3

Reply #856808 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Homicide has been hired for the Olympics? Wow, okay.

Reply #856865 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:34 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754