Anonymous
Years ago

Cairns signs Adam Forde as head coach for two years

Liam Santa said today that Adam Forde and CJ Bruton have interviewed, with a couple of other names in the mix too.

Topic #48798 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Who were the couple of other names?

Reply #856750 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Who were the couple of other names?

I believe the other 2 Cairns Head Coach candidates were a Chocolate Wheel and a 4 sided dice.

It is understood the leading candidate is the wheel as it offers more substitution patterns.

Reply #856753 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

The poor dice only has 6 options.

Reply #856754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Who were the couple of other names?"

he didn't say

Reply #856756 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Well that's damning.

For most other clubs Forde and DJ would be the couple of other names not worth mentioning.

Reply #856757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

* CJ.

Reply #856758 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oops, yes CJ.

I believe the other 2 Cairns Head Coach candidates were a Chocolate Wheel and a 4 sided dice.

It is understood the leading candidate is the wheel as it offers more substitution patterns.

Well in that case Adelaide should hire it to replace Conner Henry.

Reply #856759 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

I thought Forde left Kings for "family" reasons, going to Cairns probably doesn't help that?

Reply #856810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I thought Forde left Kings for "family" reasons, going to Cairns probably doesn't help that?"

That was the media release spin to make it sound like it was a mutual decision.

Reply #856814 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I see sense in Forde's joining Cairns.

I heard a commentary re Sydney vs Cairns and it went like this.

Forde has another year at Sydney but no extension. Faced with shifting his family for a 1 year stint in an overly expensive and meaningless upheaval, with little prospect of any sort of permanency, he is considering a 2 or 3 year assignment with, quite possibly and probably, an even longer tenure.

What would you (we all) do?

Reply #856838 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

That makes more sense then, re the 1 year contract.

Reply #856844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde it is

Reply #856970 | Report this post

BeeGee  
Years ago

Yep confirmed as Forde!

What was the reason Kelly decided to/made to leave?

Reply #856979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on RobT. But with the assembled so far it might only be one season as well.

Reply #856983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde can coach, though at times some of his decisions at kings was horrible. I just hope he backs himself, keeps the tantrum of Gleeson to himself. The problem I see already is he's been dealt a shit sandwich with players brought back. Hopefully he gets three stud imports and picks up a few solid defensive minded local players.

Reply #856988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed with above. The meltdown wasn't great.
But you see some games too he was referring to the physio and a piece of paper for rotating players. That was also the same with weaver the year before which he was criticized for if everyone remembers. Dean Vickerman did something similar but no where near like kings. Sydney definitely do things a different way.

Reply #857030 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Glad that Forde's staying in the NBL. Good stuff.

Reply #857062 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Forde will have a good chance to grow as a HC in Cairns. In Sydney it's too much win now chop and change four HC's in four seasons. In Cairns they don't fire their HC lightly and 2 years gives both him some security (the Kings giving him a 1 year deal was pathetic) and the club enough time to see if he's up to it.

Reply #857158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When you have the SnC guy dictating player times you know you aren't on a winner.

Reply #857171 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

How far is it between MacKay, Townsville, and Cairns??

Reply #857175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is exactly googlemaps.com kilometres

Reply #857176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns just sacked a coach with a year on his contract left after a fantastic season the year before. Isn't that’s not chopping and changing coach.

Reply #857178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forde couldn't coach a prostitute in a brothel ffs. Give it a season and wait for the PC 'family issues' excuse to rear its head again. When you're phoning a friend mid timeout for strategy advice that isn't an assistant, you know the guy is in over his head. He underachieved with a decent Kings lineup, imagine what kind of damage he can do if Cameron and Machado don't buy into his 'system'.

Reply #857187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought Kelly was unlucky considering next season is 3 imports where he was a finalist qualifying team the year before with 3.

Reply #857188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelly was unlucky.

Forde will be fine, just needs a few good players which at present I'm not seeing, you can’t make a silk purse out of sow’s ear. It’s the same problem Kelly had. Hopefully Forde gets the team behind him and is allowed to make tough decisions on underperforming players that sook and disrupt the team.

Reply #857193 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

i thought Kelly was unlucky considering next season is 3 imports where he was a finalist qualifying team the year before with 3.

Mike Kelly had 3 imports in his first year of which two were called Melo Trimble and DJ Newbill, yet he finished last.

This season he had the best import duo in the country in Machado and Oliver, yet he finished last.

His middle season seems to be the oddity to me.

Reply #857209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Machado was no where near as good this last season and Oliver was off on his own tangent. Do you actually watch games.

Reply #857218 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It was a rhetorical question bufu

Reply #857328 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:54 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754