Anonymous
Years ago

Wildcats retain Norton?

Lachy Reid tweeted today that he has been told the Wildcats have "come to the pay party" for Mitch Norton.

Yesterday on the NBL market update video Liam Santa hinted that there was a bit of back and forth going on between Norton's camp, Perth and the Jack Jumpers.

With the JJ's around this year, it is a good time to be a free agent and get your price bid up!

Topic #48822 | Report this topic

Another Anon  
Years ago

Well to be fair I can't remember the last time Lachy was wrong about Perth news so I'd take it as gospel.

Reply #857452 | Report this post

tony ronaldson  
Years ago

club has sent the email out, new 3 yr deal

Reply #857453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.wildcats.com.au/news/mitch-norton-re-signs

Reply #857455 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Here come the morons...you'll be able to spot them because they’ll say Perf should have signed an import PG.

Reply #857456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If cats dont pick up a decent point guard locally I would still expect that they do hire another import PG. Does not mean they have to start but will still play significant minutes to reduce Cotton/Nortons minutes to a more healthy level.

Reply #857458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After the play-off campaign Norton had with the injury, the Wildcats were going to do everything they could to retain him.

Reply #857459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PG - Norton
SG - Cotton
SF - Blanchfield
PF - Travers

The only 4 pieces signed so far, but they're good ones.

Reply #857461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing, get imports right and Perth knocking on door again.

Reply #857471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travers won't be the starting 4 next season, he will be first guard option off the bench

Reply #857474 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Travers will be a gun 6th man covering multiple positions.

Perth do need more backcourt support though.

Reply #857475 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

It's pretty basic. When you are in the process of being sold, you can't rush around signing up millions of dollars in commitments. Sure way of getting your arse fired by your new boss, and getting the contracts voided.

So, it's an extremely positive sign, that the first act following the announcement of new ownership, was to make good on their number one priority.
(Obviously new ownership hasn't kicked in yet, but they will be consulted on all major decisions until they take over.)

Reply #857489 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Here come the morons...you'll be able to spot them because they'll say Perf should have signed an import PG.

WTF?

I don't think anybody, ever, said Perf shouldn't re-sign Norto.
But equally obviously, yes they do need to sign another quality guard or guards. They need another PG, and they need somebody else who can score, and that could be the same person.

Given the general shortage of quality local guards, and the JJs vacuuming up at least 7 or 8 local players, there's a good chance they opt for an import.

Britt has unfortunately stagnated under Trev. He needs to regroup and try to find somewhere that suits him better.

I wouldn't be completely shocked if they kept White, but if so they'll need another guard who can score.

Reply #857492 | Report this post

Bolt  
Years ago

Never said anything about not signing him.
Learn.
To.
Read.

Reply #857502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bolt is a troll.
Could be school holidays.

Reply #857542 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Yeah I don't see Wani getting a roster spot but I think Kevin White could get a contract.

I'd like to see a spark plug guard coming off the bench and taking advantage of the foul count and getting to the free throw line as that would take so much stress off our other players.

Reply #857571 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If cotton naturalises:

C Mooney
F Magnay
F Import
G Import
G Cotton

Do it.

Reply #857572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Liam Santa said on today's free agency wrap video that the JackJumpers thought they had Mitch, but the Wildcats came back with an increased "11th hour" offer.

Reply #857579 | Report this post

KWhite_Rulz  
Years ago

If true, this is excellent. Already looking forward to next season.

Reply #857602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I told you so. Norton commuted to Perth before the season ended. Perth want to keep young Sherv as well. Mooney is gone.

Reply #857619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Committed

Reply #857620 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

"Liam Santa said on today's free agency wrap video that the JackJumpers thought they had Mitch,"

Norton had apparently recommitted to the Wildcats before the season was even over, and they were only waiting for New Owners' tick, to make the announcement.

What were the JJs going to offer him?
Were they prepared to offer excessive money? Norton has already been anointed as the next captain in Perth

Reply #857639 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Norton. ?.
Cotton ?
Blanchfield ?
? Travers
? ?
11th?

Reply #857640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magney was playing through injury and I think the Cats knew it. I think he will be back with Perth with a full preseason under his belt you could very well see him rejuvenated

Reply #857646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754