Aussie
Years ago

NBL Overtime show finished?

Right at the end, Cam Luke thanked all the sponsors and some NBL reps.

Said, hopefully back in NBL22.

Does this mean the show has likely been axed?

Just finished for the offseason?

Moving to the new NBL broadcast partner? (IE possibly Stan/Nine)

Topic #48881 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

Hmm?

Last offseason I don't think they took a break during the peak free agency period - did they?

Reply #858734 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Hmm?

Last offseason I don't think they took a break during the peak free agency period - did they

I can't remember but I don't think so

Reply #858740 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Must be a new broadcaster incoming.

Reply #858743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homicide's tweet would suggest that it has finished.

Reply #858754 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

just finished for the off season

Reply #858758 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

homicde is going to tokoyo i think for 3x3

Reply #858759 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I don't listen often but I remember there were regular off-season episodes last year including a cracker interview with Dean Vickerman. Don't think they took a break?

Reply #858762 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Not the online version at least, that continued well beyond ESPN.

They seemed to say thanks to the studios at SEG so perhaps to OT is done til next broadcaster in a different studio?

Reply #858764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I'm honest and never hear or watch Luke again I won’t be unhappy. Horrible sound and he talks rubbish.

Reply #858768 | Report this post

DennisRodmansHair  
Years ago

Will be disappointing if it doesn't return, was a big fan of the show. I listened to the latest podcast this morning on my walk, thought it was an interesting sign off. Sounds like they don't even know what the future of the show will be.

Reply #858790 | Report this post

CW  
Years ago

Liam's twitter says they will see us next season.

Reply #858793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm ok with Luke and I like Liam, Corey is getting old with me now. I'm in a love hate relationship with his content now. At first thought it was good to have a real different view point but feel now it's more dribble than anything of value.

Reply #858803 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah Overtime seems to have devolved a bit. Be interesting to see what happens with the broadcast deal but I imagine it's with Stan

Reply #858894 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Probably just wrapping it up now due to Homicide's Olympic commitments, it's expected the NBL will be re-signing with ESPN/SBS.

Reply #858900 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Zodiac the article that wrote that I don't think had any actual inside knowledge - it was a weird outlier against other articles written at the time

Reply #858904 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

https://www.afr.com/companies/media-and-marketing/too-many-players-not-enough-sport-seminal-moment-for-streaming-war-20210528-p57vzc

This was the outlier article

Reply #858905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guy Neville has said it will be back

Reply #859123 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

It will be back. I have Cam Luke a dm and he said to me Overtime will be still going ahead. I also asked them if Overtime will be having longer episodes but I think that's not the case.

The show is just wrapping up now due to Homicide's Olympic commitments at the 3x3 basketball.

Reply #859132 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

gave*

Reply #859135 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Still not great that the final episode of Overtime isn't being shown on SBS Viceland right now.

Reply #859161 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I thought it was broadcast on espn not SBS viceland

Has it ever been on viceland?

Reply #859164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:58 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754