D2.0
Years ago

Salt signs with Brisbane

Don't know too much about him, but presumably this means that one of Hodgson or Frolling is moving on?

Topic #48888 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO sauce, no care.

Reply #858912 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The source is literally the Bullets.

Reply #858914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a defensive minded center. 6’11

Reply #858915 | Report this post

Giacontigers  
Years ago

Froling is gone. Great signing Bullets.

Reply #858917 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

he could be to injury prone will find out

Reply #858921 | Report this post

NBL MAN  
Years ago

he could be to injury prone will find out

Reply #858922 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

There's been a lot of talk about this Jack Salt guy in terms of what he could do in the NBL so will be good to see if that hype was truly warranted. Likely spells the end of Froling as they declined to pick up their option on him too.

Reply #858924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He keeps injury free, this will be a very good signing, defence quality centres his size don't come along often. Looking forward to see how they continue to recruit this season.

Reply #858925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was very good anchor for Virginia

Reply #858926 | Report this post

RobT  
Years ago

I am keen on Hodgson staying 'cept he's foul-prone and (apparently) Salt is injury-prone. Maybe Hoggey gone too.

If it's true about Salt's defence and Harrison is to back him up there will be constant pressure inside but, any offence?

If Patterson, Law and Johnson all return, and Sobey in the other guard spot the Bullets will have a formidable starting-5.

And a bench of Cadee, Drmic, Krebbs, Wigness and Harrison not to be sneezed-at!
[Pun intended].

1. Sobey/Cadee
2. Law/Wigness
3. Patterson/Krebbs
4. Johnson/Drmic
5. Salt/Harrison

Looks OK to me. Apart from Salt [I have read that he is a big-bodied C and not too quick?], this team is built for speed. [Yeah, I included Patterson. He can get it up the court when it's on. Have you seen some of his full-court passes? They're quick. they are BULLET(s) passes]!

Wonder what James D is thinking about his roster!

Reply #858938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hilaroius lineup^

Law is a cf.
PAtterson is still out of shape
Johnson did not do enough
Salt won't start
Wigness not a sg

Reply #858941 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Interested to see where Hodgson ends up.

Reply #858948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Japan or sem are the rumours.

Reply #858949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(i)/6'1 J.Cadee/5’10 T.Wigness
6’3 N.Sobey/6’6 T.Krebs
(i)/6’6 A.Drmic
6’7 V.Law(i)/PF local or ns
6’11 M.Hodgson?/7’1 T.Harrison/6’11 J.Salt

Import 1-3-4

3 could be pAtterson. But no guarantees.
Ns 4 possible

Reply #858951 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hoping to pair with Ben pepper...

Reply #858953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hoping to pair with Ben pepper..."

Then they can grab the ball and "push it" up the court..."push it real good"...

Reply #858959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling heard Salt was coming and immediately thought of dim Sims. Given players leaving Perth, do they try and see if they can get something out of him? Can't see him going to Cairns, surely weight limit with Nate would see the plane struggling to take off.

Reply #858967 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Lol.

In seriousness, I hope Hodgson sticks around with the Bullets, he'd be the best extended minutes big they have by far. Sounds like he’s on the way out though.

Know little about Salt. Ty’s gone ok but is only playable in small patches. Too slow and got found out once other teams scouted him and planned accordingly. Not a dude you want to pin your future on.

Harry can go wherever. Perth would actually be interesting. The culture and peer pressure may actually force him to put his head down, get in shape and take the game seriously.

Reply #859011 | Report this post

Perth fan.  
Years ago

Perth have Majok as backup centre.

Reply #859013 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'd be intrigued to have Harry with the Wildcats but with Majok there is that an option?

When does Majok get back to full fitness?

Would Harry trust himself and his abilities to work out with Perth in the hopes of securing a contract?

Reply #859016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson would not put up with any crap, would be great for Harry if he got on board, Harry has talent.

Reply #859063 | Report this post

JMS  
Years ago

Harry Froling just doesn't look like a player that works hard enough, not sure if a new coach or environment can change that. Strange that Sam appears the exact opposite - willing to put in the hard work, get fit and play whatever role his team need.

Reply #859100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't forget the Froling sisters put in the hard yards too. Harry unfortunately the odd one out.

Reply #859101 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Gleeson has a history of short leashes with players.

I can see Harry getting the same court time as Rhys Vague last season.

Reply #859103 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Let's not make this another Cats thread...

What's Salt's role going to be? I've read he's predominately a defensive player? So would be coming off the bench as rim-defending centre? Seems to be a solid lad, without being exceptionally tall for a centre at 208cm

Lemanis seemed to like his tall timbers, but is Duncan going to do the same?
They're already extended Harrison, so now with Salt onboard will he looking for some more mobile guys to play the 4?
Salt seems a strange signing, unless both Froling AND Hodgson already had a foot out the door?

Reply #859104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:54 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754